Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Steve Bull Stand redevelopment?

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumblings about this, that it could take place at the end of this upcoming season. Anyone else know anything?

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What when we get promoted? Wouldn't help the atmosphere and gate money

R

reanswolf

I truly hope so cos I fear we will be left looking stupid. Would need to have an entire rethink on prices even compared to now.

D

Dewsburywolf

What when we get promoted? Wouldn't help the atmosphere and gate money

Knock it down in May, concentrate on the lower tier up until about September. If you recall they had people in the North Bank lower tier before November (maybe even sooner??)

R

reanswolf

Ok it was a bit of a throw-away comment, but its true in the sense that we made a huge announcement with images of a new 4-sided Molineux, so if we stall after just one end it will look far too over-ambitious. I have to say the new North Bank looks stunning, in general I am so excited about having a close knit atmospheric ground I cant wait. Its the Steve Bull that will make a huge difference to our atmosphere and they could simply add it to the existing South Bank, which is perfectly adequate. Tho of course I appreciate nothing in engineering is simple.

J

JakeWolves

To be fair they have been clear from the start about the redevelopment. We are only just over a year into the rebuild, and so far nothing has happened that wasn't openly laid out in the long term plans.

I agree the nb looks fantastic, especially now it's finished it fits in nicely with the rest of the ground. Not lopsided like some people thought it would.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Whatever the reasons for the delay I do know I sit in a stand over 30 years old which has inadequate facilities.

D

Dewsburywolf

Ok it was a bit of a throw-away comment, but its true in the sense that we made a huge announcement with images of a new 4-sided Molineux, so if we stall after just one end it will look far too over-ambitious. I have to say the new North Bank looks stunning, in general I am so excited about having a close knit atmospheric ground I cant wait. Its the Steve Bull that will make a huge difference to our atmosphere and they could simply add it to the existing South Bank, which is perfectly adequate. Tho of course I appreciate nothing in engineering is simple.

Wasn't it only meant to be three? Billy Wright as a stand alone. No I'm not being pedantic :embarassed:

306NOTOUT

No mate, I met the commercial manager a year or so ago and he said they were changing the programme around so that the Billy Wright was done after the Steve Bull.

I posted that on here at the time but at was before it all got postponed

C

cooper_J

Whatever the reasons for the delay I do know I sit in a stand over 30 years old which has inadequate facilities.

That's the long and short of it really. I don't think they could have justified getting the whole project off the ground if it wasn't to replace the SB.

I'd be amazed if they don't do something with it in the next couple of years. I'd presume the costs of upkeep are going to slowly start to rise.

W

Wolfos

No mate, I met the commercial manager a year or so ago and he said they were changing the programme around so that the Billy Wright was done after the Steve Bull.

I posted that on here at the time but at was before it all got postponed

If that is the case, I can understand why they opted for the rather cheap looking glass/plastic cover on the upper tier western end of the North Bank.

I would be happy for us to develop the stands in this order. Would rather have a stand-alone South Bank than a stand-alone Billy Wright, I think. An extended, single-tier South Bank would make it even better. It will take a few years for it all to be done, of course.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replacing the SB is a much bigger job than the NB. Not only is it twice the size, but it is a more complex site as its a hill, and the construction method of the current stand makes it harder to demolish. Club has said it will take a year to open the new lower tier and 2 to complete. Suspect builders being lined up to start next spring, with a final go/no go, around Christmas based on how we are doing. Don't think it will hinge on promotion this year, but if we are struggling to stay up, then I doubt they would want to start yet.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumblings about this, that it could take place at the end of this upcoming season. Anyone else know anything?

I've heard some rumblings too. Apparently comments were made at the opening of WV1 last week.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a look on the North Bank discussion thread - a lot of these issues have been discussed including the go ahead for phase 2.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see how the development will only continue IF we get promotion. Surely as it's a long-term plan, the SB stand should get the green light even if we remain in the Championship. A top 6 championship side gets just as much attendance in as a struggling PL side. Only if we are under threat of relegation to League 1 (heaven forbid!) should they consider another postponement.

I still believe a factor why they haven't started building the SB was because there was still a lot of work to be done on the Stan Cullis stand. Trying to knock down the SB, while finishing off the Stan Cullis would have been a builders logistical nightmare.

T

Tomo1811

I have to say it was a PR disaster for Wolves announcing they were postponing the development of the rest of the ground the day after we lost to Blues in the cup. It absolutely drained the life out of me and told the fans we were preparing for the Championship. While I look at the likes of other teams who have developed their grounds I think it is massive that is gets done as swiftly as possible. When you think the likes of Fulham, QPR and Coventry will all have stadiums larger than ours had we not redeveloped it is crucial it gets completed. If not to ensure we mean business but get Molineux back to the cauldron it once was.
My dad maintains the noise at Molineux in its first year of development hasn't been replicated. I want that back.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a PR disaster, but Wolves' biggest mistake now is not informing us fans of their intentions. Jez and Steve are probably not 100% sure of timescales themselves, but the silence is deafening! If they say - don't worry it WILL go ahead, maybe not this close-season, but all being well the next etc...

Their silence makes us question where the whole plan lies....

W

WasStefan

Think it's been mentioned in the New North Bank commentary thread that people have it on good authority that the Steve Bull redev will definitely go ahead after this season.

D

dolph

Think it's been mentioned in the New North Bank commentary thread that people have it on good authority that the Steve Bull redev will definitely go ahead after this season.

It is to be discussed in January and no decision will be made prior.

W

WasStefan

Stefan - I know for a fact the above poster is involved with the project, so no need for the sarcasm, unless of course you are in a position to provide better information?
I'm going by what others have said in other threads, that the decision has already been made

D

dolph

This statement is incorrect. Where mine in factually correct.

L

luckyjim

Er, lets spend it on a decent PL team first....if we go up.

W

WasStefan

This statement is incorrect. Where mine in factually correct.
That's fair enough then, but there have been solid rumours/whispers of it going ahead next season. Don't shoot the messenger.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is to be discussed in January and no decision will be made prior.

Ok dolph, I'm not taking issue with you being itk. How would you explain these leaks/rumours?

Would it be fair to say the club are proceeding with the necessary preparations for a 2013 start?

I'd have thought the only thing that might change minds between now and January would be a disastrous start to the season.

R

reanswolf

Only gripe i have is that they originally stated in a release that the first two phases would be done within a set time scale (I previously provided the official link to highlight this). I also dislike the way Moxey previously suggested that it makes sens eto delay and then used the cup gate v Blues as vindication. Very poor.

At the delay announcement, he stated "it was a case of when not if". hemay be agood money man, but on being straight with Wolves fans, I wouldnt trust him one iota.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
http://www.molineuxpride.co.uk/wt/press_releases/wolves_unveil_molineux_redevelopment_plans

Over a three year period, the Stan Cullis (North) and Steve Bull (East) Stands will be demolished and new two-tier stands created. Then there are plans for phases 3 and 4 which would see the Jack Harris (South) Stand to have its roof removed and a new top-tier added and a complete redevelopment of the Billy Wright (West) main stand depending on whether or not the additional seats are required.

Phase 2 will see the Steve Bull (East) Stand being rebuilt over a two-season period (2012/13 and 2013/14), scheduled to be ready for the start of the 2014/15 season. However, it is hoped a significant number of seats will be released during the 2013/14 season for home supporters. When this is finished the capacity will be 36,000.

This press release is the first one on the MolineuxPride Site and is over two years old. More resent press releases have been much less definite.

D

dolph

Ok dolph, I'm not taking issue with you being itk. How would you explain these leaks/rumours?

Would it be fair to say the club are proceeding with the necessary preparations for a 2013 start?

I'd have thought the only thing that might change minds between now and January would be a disastrous start to the season.

TBF they are exactly that - rumours. "Leaks" would need some sort of substance which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist.

The preparations are more than in place for the "East Stand Project", and I'm sure the project could be mobalised very quickly. The tender process would take around 3-4 months so it's safe to say that if it is going to happen, Early 2013 would be a good time to announce the club plans.

I think there will be a lot of factors considered before deciding to proceed. Attendances, league position, economics to name a few.

Personally (as a Wolves fan, not just from a business point of view) I hope that the second phase is given a go ahead as soon as, because the new stand is fantastic IMO, much better designed than the existing stands, however it does appear half finished without the Steve Bull stand being redeveloped.

W

WasStefan

Not a case of any messenger meeting a sticky end, just no need for the sarcasm.

There's too much of that kind of oneupmanship on here at the moment.

Why do u use this forum as an ego trip? Get over it.

C

cooper_J

Why do u use this forum as an ego trip? Get over it.
What I'm trying to do on this forum is to stop the constant bickering, that people have been complaining about. For me, the original post was an example of that - giving it the big one when you had no idea of what you were talking about and got found out trying to be clever.

Your keyboard warrior wind ups might work with other posters but you are barking up the wrong tree here I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WasStefan

What I'm trying to do on this forum is to stop the constant bickering, that people have been complaining about. For me, the original post was an example of that - giving it the big one when you had no idea of what you were talking about and got found out trying to be clever.

Your keyboard warrior wind ups might work with other posters but you are barking up the wrong tree here I'm afraid.

Giving it the big one? If you call that giving the big en then $$$$ing hell.

You seem to avoid the whole issue, I was mereley repeating what others had 'reliably' been told, but don't let facts get in the way of a good bashing eh.

As I said, ego trip - anyway, not that i'm really bothered what you have to say. Over and out :wavey:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SimplyTheWolves

:rolleyes:
The Steve Bull stand redevelopment thread awaits further developments following a statement from a contributor in reply to another.

Will the redevelopment go ahead? or will it be put on hold until someone’s sensibility prevails?

See the exciting final action now. Viewed... Completely of one's personally envisaged reading_ judgement.

T

TonySoprano

Stefans had a mare in this thread, what a surprise. :eek:

Going over old ground and unlikely to happen, but when they do eventually get to redeveloping the Southbank I really hope they just leave it as it is or extend the one tier. Two tiers will only make the atmosphere worse than it is now.

Back
Top Bottom