Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m just hoping Barca don’t change their minds!!!!!

According to Sky Sports News he in a bad patch of form and they’ve got doubts!

You would think Adama would be tearing up La Liga, especially after the positive start he made.

He always wanted to play for Barcelona (who wouldn’t) so he’d better start getting some kind of form back. He’s been on the bench recently and hasn’t had any game time.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You would think Adama would be tearing up La Liga, especially after the positive start he made.

He always wanted to play for Barcelona (who wouldn’t) so he’d better start getting some kind of form back. He’s been on the bench recently and hasn’t had any game time.

Nothing new there then is there?
How many times has he played well for us?
2/3 games then back to his infuriating worst for a dozen games,then looks a world beater again only to disappear just as quickly
Its the Traore story pretty much all his career
Its the gamble you take with him,can you afford a 10 game a season player,as good as he potentially is?
Such an enigma and such a waste of exceptional talent imo

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its funny how the fanboys that were on here bigging him up everytime he had an assist early on have gone quiet. They dont seem to be point out every game he does nothing in like they did when he was doing decent.

He will never change as a player. Capable of utter brilliance and unplayability, and capable of not even being able to do basic things. I hope we actually just swap him for Trincao now because his value is just plummeting.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its funny how the fanboys that were on here bigging him up everytime he had an assist early on have gone quiet. They dont seem to be point out every game he does nothing in like they did when he was doing decent.

He will never change as a player. Capable of utter brilliance and unplayability, and capable of not even being able to do basic things. I hope we actually just swap him for Trincao now because his value is just plummeting.
Funny how the haters jump on any negative article. Meanwhile

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how the haters jump on any negative article. Meanwhile
Thats a pretty old statement now, and you actually believe a word Laporte says? Since he has moved their he has said

"We've an option to buy clause included into Adama Traore deal with Wolves and our plan is to trigger that clause. It's on him - he made a great effort to play here at Barca,"

Then he backtracked on that statement and said

"Adama has Barca DNA, he's one of the best forwards in the world, he's fast. We'd love Adama Traore to stay here, it's possible - but we're in a difficult financial situation. We'll see at the end of the season.”

And then went on to propose the swap deal. Not the kind of bloke i think i'd be taking the word of.

I dont see any either haters tbh. Just people who simply didnt buy into the hype. From how some of his fanboys were talking you would have thought he was the best player on the planet when he first went there. All he is doing is following what he has always done. Had good spells, had bad spells. And again, it appears the latter camp are proving their opinions are fairly accurate. Hes just a mediocre player most of the time who cant consistently play to a high level, which is probably why he cant really establish himself at decent clubs.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats a pretty old statement now, and you actually believe a word Laporte says? Since he has moved their he has said

"We've an option to buy clause included into Adama Traore deal with Wolves and our plan is to trigger that clause. It's on him - he made a great effort to play here at Barca,"

Then he backtracked on that statement and said

"Adama has Barca DNA, he's one of the best forwards in the world, he's fast. We'd love Adama Traore to stay here, it's possible - but we're in a difficult financial situation. We'll see at the end of the season.”

And then went on to propose the swap deal. Not the kind of bloke i think i'd be taking the word of.

I dont see any either haters tbh. Just people who simply didnt buy into the hype. From how some of his fanboys were talking you would have thought he was the best player on the planet when he first went there. All he is doing is following what he has always done. Had good spells, had bad spells. And again, it appears the latter camp are proving their opinions are fairly accurate. Hes just a mediocre player most of the time who cant consistently play to a high level, which is probably why he cant really establish himself at decent clubs.
I wouldn’t be calling an article from 9 days ago pretty old.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be calling an article from 9 days ago pretty old.

It is in football terms. He will probably come out with some other weird and wonderful statement soon.

Problem is always going to be why would they want to spend money on a bench player they arent really using anymore. No way on earth they are going to pay money for him, which is why it was never an obligation. And all this rubbish with them not having the money is just a smokescreen. They have some huge sponsorship deals coming in, look at that Spotify sponsorship they have signed for £235 million. If they wanted him, they would have committed.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And all this rubbish with them not having the money is just a smokescreen

It's really not - they genuinely couldn't register players they'd already bought because of the salary cap restrictions.

In the summer, things will loosen up for them a lot.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's really not - they genuinely couldn't register players they'd already bought because of the salary cap restrictions.

In the summer, things will loosen up for them a lot.

It really is. Money has never been the issue. Its wages for this season. Which is why i'm saying they could have made the move obligatory at the end of the loan spell if they really wanted to. You have just backed up what i'm saying, in the summer, things will loosen up a lot for them. Thats pretty much acknowledging they have the space to fit him in next season. Which is why its a smokescreen on their part to say they dont have the cash.

Watch all these sponsorship deals roll in as well between now and next season.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really is. Money has never been the issue. Its wages for this season. Which is why i'm saying they could have made the move obligatory at the end of the loan spell if they really wanted to. You have just backed up what i'm saying, in the summer, things will loosen up a lot for them. Thats pretty much acknowledging they have the space to fit him in next season. Which is why its a smokescreen on their part to say they dont have the cash.

Watch all these sponsorship deals roll in as well between now and next season.

If it's an obligation for the summer, it goes against this year's calculations.

That's why Inter signed a player on loan with an option that would be triggered when Inter score 1 goal in a competetive fixture, because that meant it wouldn't be included until the summer.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's an obligation for the summer, it goes against this year's calculations.

That's why Inter signed a player on loan with an option that would be triggered when Inter score 1 goal in a competetive fixture, because that meant it wouldn't be included until the summer.

I dont know what you are really arguing. Its pedantic. You cant try to tell me there is no way the deal couldnt be structured in a way that makes the contract start in next seasons accounts. Its not that difficult. As you have just again said with Inter ( which isnt even in Spain so they probably have different rules ) they put some stupid workaround into it.

With all the experience Mendes has in the game at arranging deals, there is no way on earth this deal couldnt have been structured to make it work. I dont disagree with your point about the deal for this season, but if they wanted it, it could have been worked to both clubs advantage.

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t blame him one bit for going there, and would have him back as a pure impact player and nothing else.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it stands it looks like we are about to have our pants pulled down with this deal; something I think everybody could see coming. This is going to end as a straight swap for either Trincao or Puig as they know we will get pennies on the pound for Adama after this season.

What’s happened at Barca is Adama’s arrival has triggered some form from the forwards (especially Dembele) who he was competing with. He’s now stuck on the bench as an impact sub and will probably stay there for the season now.

Would you pay £30m for an impact sub if you were Barca??

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know what you are really arguing. Its pedantic. You cant try to tell me there is no way the deal couldnt be structured in a way that makes the contract start in next seasons accounts. Its not that difficult. As you have just again said with Inter ( which isnt even in Spain so they probably have different rules ) they put some stupid workaround into it.

With all the experience Mendes has in the game at arranging deals, there is no way on earth this deal couldnt have been structured to make it work. I dont disagree with your point about the deal for this season, but if they wanted it, it could have been worked to both clubs advantage.

I'm saying, as I initially said, that:

And all this rubbish with them not having the money is just a smokescreen

Isn't correct. It's not rubbish that they're struggling for money.

Given Mendes' involvement, I strongly suspect that whatever the deal is, it's already verbally in place, with a handshake, so that it will go through in the summer. However, if that is the case, then of course they won't come out and publicly say that it's definitely going to happen, as that will have La Liga looking very closely at them.

Also, I'm well aware that Milan isn't in Spain, but thanks for clarifying it for everyone.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be interested to see how the vote changes if the OP opens it up again.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is in football terms. He will probably come out with some other weird and wonderful statement soon.

Problem is always going to be why would they want to spend money on a bench player they arent really using anymore. No way on earth they are going to pay money for him, which is why it was never an obligation. And all this rubbish with them not having the money is just a smokescreen. They have some huge sponsorship deals coming in, look at that Spotify sponsorship they have signed for £235 million. If they wanted him, they would have committed.
I think they have committed although it’s only a hunch on my part.
There was too much around that deal that seemed far different from regular loan deals…..it had a ring of finality to it, imo.
From a legal point of view it may be a loan, ( only to temporarily satisfy La Liga financial rules ) but with a massive financial penalty built in as a deterrent if they try to renege.

As for Traore himself, I am hoping that he and Barca have a good run together. By all accounts he’s a top bloke and I hope he’s found his ideal place in the football world. He just needs some consistency.
I‘d hate to see him end up in the Championship or something similar if he can’t find that.

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
I think it’s kinda irrelevant who the better player is or how good Adama is or isn’t. Point is, If we don’t swap him for Trincao (who will be a much better player when he’s the same age as Adama) then we will lose Adama for nothing.

Barca will tell Adama to go back to wolves and they’ll sign him on a pre contract agreement in January. Adama will do this, because he loves Barca and it’s his home.

I would assume this is already the plan. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Barca wouldn’t let us swap Trincao for Adama even if we begged them now.

Loaning Adama to Barca with an option has to be one of the most stupid deals this club has ever done. It’s infuriating. I really hope there’s something in this deal that we don’t know about.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been wrong before, but this is so obviously a dodgily agreed swap deal that the clubs will announce at a mutually beneficial time

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Loaning Adama to Barca with an option has to be one of the most stupid deals this club has ever done. It’s infuriating. I really hope there’s something in this deal that we don’t know about.

I’d say there is more unknown details about the deal than what we actually know. It would seem very un-Fosun like to have their pants down the way it has been suggested, especially on an outgoing transfer.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s kinda irrelevant who the better player is or how good Adama is or isn’t. Point is, If we don’t swap him for Trincao (who will be a much better player when he’s the same age as Adama) then we will lose Adama for nothing.

Barca will tell Adama to go back to wolves and they’ll sign him on a pre contract agreement in January. Adama will do this, because he loves Barca and it’s his home.

I would assume this is already the plan. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if Barca wouldn’t let us swap Trincao for Adama even if we begged them now.

Oh come on.
One of the most stupid deals ever? You, like all of us, know practically zero about the deal. Zero.

Considering that Wolves, Barcelona and Traore most likely had their top flight lawyers, agents and accountants all poring over this deal for several weeks, then thats quiet a statement……..unless you were privy to all of the details and discussions.

Best to just wait and see before we jump to conclusions.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been wrong before, but this is so obviously a dodgily agreed swap deal that the clubs will announce at a mutually beneficial time
I beg to differ…..we have some very astute people running the club.
Where do you think Guo found ShI…..managing an ice cream store in Nanjing?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I beg to differ…..we have some very astute people running the club.
Where do you think Guo found ShI…..managing an ice cream store in Nanjing?
Crossed wires. I one hundred percent agree with you on the astute people.

I mean dodgy in the sense that the information released to the media and the actual truth of the matter are poles apar

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the option prices?
£29M for Traore, £25M for Trincao?
Which is probably the maximum of what each are worth given Traore’s contract situation and Trincao’s slow start. So basically swap plus £4M to us.
Maybe it is simply that, just what it says on the tin.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is probably the maximum of what each are worth given Traore’s contract situation and Trincao’s slow start. So basically swap plus £4M to us.
Just depressing based on 60 good minutes from Trincao

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Unless Adama signs new contract Trincao swap deal is a no lose situation from club point of view apart from wages. We swap, Trincao doesn't come good, you will still get similar value for him in summer of 2023 that Adama worth with 1 year left on contract. If he does come good he looks like he will score more than Adama ever did.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
User name checks out.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just depressing based on 60 good minutes from Trincao
Perhaps, but given Spurs we’re the only other option apparently at less than £20m rather than seeing Trincao as £25m and Traore as £29m, perhaps it’s better to view Traore as the £20m max we were going to get elsewhere and Trincao as £16m. The higher numbers are beneficial for Barca from an FFP standpoint.

On that basis we’re paying less for Trincao than we got for Costa or Cavaleiro.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I think is unfair is saying ‘see, he hasn’t cracked it in la Liga either, same as here’ because he’s on the bench at Barca.

He’s played very well whenever he has played, and starting ahead of Ousmane Dembele,£100m player who has re found his form and is averaging over an assist a game recently, is very different to not being played ahead of Trincao (whom I like).

Xavi has this Barca team singing, and they won 0-4 at the Bernabeu, the same Real who turned over PSG and Chelsea.

So is his failure to hold down a starting place in this side really reliably indicative of his ability?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps, but given Spurs we’re the only other option apparently at less than £20m rather than seeing Trincao as £25m and Traore as £29m, perhaps it’s better to view Traore as the £20m max we were going to get elsewhere and Trincao as £16m. T

And we'd have to pay a £5m loan fee if we don't sign Trincao, so really it's only £11m.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama to see out his Wolves contract at Grasshoppers, where he will start well and then up on their bench as well - rinse repeat.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore doesn't want to play for us so right now i will welcome trincao.
Or neither! If we get a straight swap we are robbed. Trincao not worth that amount. Sell Adama and don’t pay for Trincao investing in someone new.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Adama but I wouldn't be against a swap with Trincao! Our attacking play this season is so much more balanced and we do seem to create more chances when Trincao is on the pitch (even when he has struggled abit!).

Adama clearly wants to go and with his contract situation he isn't going to be signing a new one so with that in mind getting a player like Trincao in who is still young and is starting to show his potential of being a good technical player wouldn't be the worse deal for us imo...

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or neither! If we get a straight swap we are robbed. Trincao not worth that amount. Sell Adama and don’t pay for Trincao investing in someone new.
Spurs will only offer 10 million for traore and there is still a chance trincao's value could increase well above 20 million.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama on bt sports at 8pm starting for barca.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry just the british clubs on bt. Adama on some other channel.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's a confidence player - needs an arm around him and tonnes of support/guidance - if things don't go well and he's not got a really supportive manager I can see him struggling... Plus there's the issues of consistency and decision making - two key things you need to play at the top top level (e.g. for Barcelona). Perhaps he'll be happy being a bit-part player for somewhere like Barca, more than he was at Wolves, but will Barca want to pay what we're asking for an option from the bench. Time will tell I guess - he might play a stormer tonight, which would help. I wish him all the best - would be very happy to have him back with us, with a new contract and perhaps realising the grass isn't much greener elsewhere (even if the weather, beaches, food, cafe culture, architecture etc are)...

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it stands it looks like we are about to have our pants pulled down with this deal; something I think everybody could see coming. This is going to end as a straight swap for either Trincao or Puig as they know we will get pennies on the pound for Adama after this season.

What’s happened at Barca is Adama’s arrival has triggered some form from the forwards (especially Dembele) who he was competing with. He’s now stuck on the bench as an impact sub and will probably stay there for the season now.

Would you pay £30m for an impact sub if you were Barca??
We paid more for one (in silva) but don't get the 'impact' bit and we're wolves.

So yes, barca would spend that.

Back
Top Bottom