Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Staying @ Wolves - Traore or Trincao or Barca / Sporting Swap Deals??

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all of this **** show i actually feel sorry for Adama in all this, as by all accounts he works very hard, he's a model pro and decent human being.
Yes he wouldn't sign a contract here, and Wolves initially helped him get a dream move (for him), but Barca have treated him and the club with absolute disrespect and contempt in all of this.
He's just been used as a pawn as all they brought him in for is to make another player play.
I'm sure it will knock him for a while as a person, as it would anybody in this situation. Rumours are he's fuming about it.

The hope is for me is it fires him right up and comes back here ready to fight the world for us. Like i've said imo he's a massive asset to have in particular situations, and he would add to our **** poor front line, as long as he doesn't want mad wages and he accepts he's an impact player.
Note: others may not have my POV..
Top post couldn’t agree more!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe this is correct, and also Adama took a cut in wages to go, but we paid them. So Barca literally made money on the whole deal, and we lost money.
Another notch in the CV for Scott...

No, it was stated that we would be paying the wages right now, then Barca will reimburse us in July (in their new FY). At least lets keep the criticism grounded in reality.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I know his end product has been missing this season, but I’ve really missed not watching him play. In the space of 20 seconds he can be both infuriating and then breathtaking.

Really hope he returns and hopefully with his head out of the clouds. I think people were filling his head with talk of transfers to the likes of Barcelona, when he should have been told the grass isn’t always greener.

Pre-lockdown Adama and I’ll be more than happy with his return.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So was it sellars behind the deal, or a deal forced onto us by mendes. If mendes, we need to be asking serious questions about getting proper fudged over on this deal, and if its sellars who agreed to letting a player go out on loan who could be a gamechanger, with nothing more than a handshake nudge nuge wink wink that we would get 25m in the summer then he gorra gew. Its like lending someone your car for six months with the hope you sell it, only to have to take the bus while the other person decides to buy or not, and then they hand it back, put a load of miles on the clock and its worth less now than 6 months before.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wanted to give the club the benefit of the doubt and thought that we must have had some form of buy obligation or finalised agreement around a swap with Trincao in order to let Adama leave on loan at such a crucial point in the season.

If these latest reports are true, it’s turned out to be an absolutely shambolic decision which has gone a long way towards destroying the momentum we had built up at the end of January.
Completely agree, I gave the club the benefit of the doubt at the time and thought with Mendes & our past relations with Barcelona that we would’ve had it worked out so it wouldn’t come back to bite us this summer.

I know as much as anyone the flaws Adama has to his game but it’s such a shame we let this happen, as just before he left Bruno had got him working really well coming off the bench to give us a huge boost in games… Utd away where he came on and helped create Moutinho’s goal, Saints at home where he scored and Brentford away where he scored again only for it to be ruled out for a minor offside just to name a few.

Considering we’re only 3 points off 7th at the moment despite our poor form recently, it really does make you wonder what could’ve been…

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Completely agree, I gave the club the benefit of the doubt at the time and thought with Mendes & our past relations with Barcelona that we would’ve had it worked out so it wouldn’t come back to bite us this summer.

I know as much as anyone the flaws Adama has to his game but it’s such a shame we let this happen, as just before he left Bruno had got him working really well coming off the bench to give us a huge boost in games… Utd away where he came on and helped create Moutinho’s goal, Saints at home where he scored and Brentford away where he scored again only for to be ruled out for a minor offside just to name a few.

Considering we’re only 3 points off 7th at the moment despite our poor form recently, it really does make you wonder what could’ve been…

And the game before that where he came on Brighton and was excellent.

Part of me still thinks that we must have something in place which explains this deal as I refuse to believe we would have given away an important member of our squad with no obligation at a time where we had put ourselves in with a genuine shout of European football.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Full details of deals rarely get disclosed, especially by us.
If that loan fee was in place to begin with it’s quite possible it’s been waived as part of the Traore loan deal.

We can only hope so, but will probably never know.

If these reports are true, then it’s a royal fu. Whether Traore will now wish to sign a new contract and stay at Wolves, who knows, but someone deserves firing for this debacle.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
You watch, he will turn into the next vitinha or mir and we will be moaning about losing out another one

Don’t get me started on my boy Vitinha…still weeping over my lost Prince…

Said at the time he was the ideal long-term replacement for Moutinho and that we would regret not signing him.

I did, however, understand that with funds scarce, perhaps we couldn’t take a risk of £15-£18m on another younger player…

…but that was before we committed a similar amount on Hwang.

Grrrrr….

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adams forced the move, we bent over and got shafted with a rubbish deal. Simple as that IMO. Trincao was the risk we took and it hasn't paid off. Quite where we go from here who knows, it's one big **** up.

Questions need to be asked about who and how the deal was sanctioned, but I do think we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. The alternative was to keep an unhappy player who wanted to push himself at the top level.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You watch, he will turn into the next vitinha or mir and we will be moaning about losing out another one

Maybe. I won't blame the club in the slightest though. Trincao has been given more than enough opportunity to show what he's capable of. No sign of any improvement from first match to last, we've surely seen all we could get? Was never impressed with him from the start, never saw anything special there. We have more promising Under-23's who are more worth a place.

In contrast, neither Vitinha nor Mir were given much chance. Though Mir didn't settle in the UK anyway, so again, the club did the right thing. I think it was similar to Goncalves. Vitinha, not so sure, but then he's mostly doing well against lower Portugese clubs who are Championship level and we need better than that to compete with top 6 Premier League.

Heard this phrase "Pump and Dump" the other day, related to share investments. Where some big name hypes up some worthless investment they happen to have a stake in, the masses follow which puts the price up. Then the big investors sell, make a fortune and the new buyers lose out. Beginning to suspect the same thing is happening to us with a lot of these transfers being pumped & dumped on us in the past couple of seasons.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

No, it was stated that we would be paying the wages right now, then Barca will reimburse us in July (in their new FY). At least lets keep the criticism grounded in reality.
Always happy to be corrected if i'm wrong. And we all can be wrong sometimes, even you! ;)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adams forced the move, we bent over and got shafted with a rubbish deal. Simple as that IMO. Trincao was the risk we took and it hasn't paid off. Quite where we go from here who knows, it's one big **** up.

Questions need to be asked about who and how the deal was sanctioned, but I do think we were stuck between a rock and a hard place. The alternative was to keep an unhappy player who wanted to push himself at the top level.
He didn’t look too unhappy scoring against Southampton & Brentford

I get the point you’re making but Traore isn’t an idiot. We say we won’t stand in your way of a suitable offer comes. I bet Traore & agent couldn’t believe we let him go for nothing.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama has basically hit a cross road in his career, is he now going to swallow the pill of not been at the level of a top European team and accept that he has got it good at Wolves and sign a new deal.

He was a model pro through out the whole saga of the transfer and the club did all they can to ensure he got his dream move,

If Barca want to keep us on side then as a gesture of goodwill they will cancel the trincoa loan fee.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they put the ST prices up 10% or whatever - for a net income increase of £2-£3m I think we have every right to question why on earth we should be putting our hands in our pockets when they have potentially done themselves out of £10m/£20m with this shocking piece of business!!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can only hope so, but will probably never know.

If these reports are true, then it’s a royal fu. Whether Traore will now wish to sign a new contract and stay at Wolves, who knows, but someone deserves firing for this debacle.
How can you concede that we will probably never know the details of the deal, then assert that someone should be fired for it?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they put the ST prices up 10% or whatever - for a net income increase of £2-£3m I think we have every right to question why on earth we should be putting our hands in our pockets when they have potentially done themselves out of £10m/£20m with this shocking piece of business!!
Totally agree

I think Adama could stay yet. He loves the Wolves

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The smug justification of this at the next round table car crash will be hilarious!
Well, we’ll soon see who has the last laugh. I still suspect, ( maybe I‘m just being stubborn or hopeful), that the Traore deal was wrapped up as a loan but an obligation to buy is in there somewhere.
…………………………..

However, if I’m wrong, then a fair minded person would look at the loan like this……

Adama was costing Wolves about £50,000 a week but not even close to be earning it. After 3.5 seasons, Spurs twice apparently offer to buy him. They weren’t great deals and we don’t know that whether the personal terms offered to Adama were satisfactory anyway.
And to make it worse, Adama won’t resign with Wolves but no other club is interested.

What to do……what to do…..this guy is an albatross around Wolves financial neck. If only Wolves could sell him before his contract runs out and try to recoup at least some of their money back.

Unbelievably and miraculously, Barca are seriously interested in Adama, ( well at least Xavi is ).
It seems that they are prepared to take a gamble on him and Jeff probably thinks to himself, “this might be our only chance to sell him.”
At that point in time, the deal was worth the gamble.

Refusing to take the gamble would have been irresponsible. Jeff had to try.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get me started on my boy Vitinha…still weeping over my lost Prince…

Said at the time he was the ideal long-term replacement for Moutinho and that we would regret not signing him.

I did, however, understand that with funds scarce, perhaps we couldn’t take a risk of £15-£18m on another younger player…

…but that was before we committed a similar amount on Hwang.

Grrrrr….

In retrospect we might have been ever so slightly better off keeping Vitinha and giving MGW a shout rather than signing Hwang. I wouldn't have complained too hard at the time. I certainly wouldn't now.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think you have to worry……..I feel sure Adama is not coming back and Wolves will get their money.
Jeff and co. are not stupid.
Or maybe they are…!

Let’s cut the chase, this decision has cost us a place in Europe. Not even up for debate for me. Staggeringly stupid.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy. Predictable. Depressing.

I honestly thought there was going to be some clause inserted by us as I didn’t want to believe that we would just give Adama away to Barca for a few vital months in order to help them get into the CL and to give Dembele a kick up the ****. But it seems that Sellars got turned on by dealing with a club the size of Barca, dropped his cacks and bent over.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the only explanation for it not being a complete car-crash of a deal.

Maybe if they chose not to buy Troare then we didn't have to pay a loan fee for Trincao? Effectively saving us £5m?

As you say, we will likely never know. But the club should tell us if that is the case, just so people don't think they've been completely asleep at the wheel!
One assumes there was something akin to that going on.

Since we've become good, we are very much ensconced in the world of dodgy deals!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another thing… to keep Adama happy for a few weeks, we have now all but sanctioned the sale of Neves.

No words for the stupidity of this deal.
The deal is not over yet.
Guo didn’t appoint a fool to manage Wolves.

Take a step back and consider this for a mo……
If Traore comes back what have we lost, in tangible terms? Anything?
And what have we gained? I think we’ve saved about £50,000 every week he was at Barca……not too shabby.

P.S. I didn’t refresh my memory on the terms of the wages in the deal .

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The deal is not over yet.
Guo didn’t appoint a fool to manage Wolves.

Take a step back and consider this for a mo……
If Traore comes back what have we lost, in tangible terms? Anything?
And what have we gained? I think we’ve saved about £50,000 every week he was at Barca……not too shabby.

P.S. I didn’t refresh my memory on the terms of the wages in the deal .
The consensus is that we've paid his wages, so no savings. Obviously, I don't know if that is true, but it's the rumour doing the rounds!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The consensus is that we've paid his wages, so no savings. Obviously, I don't know if that is true, but it's the rumour doing the rounds!
I’m not sure either but it would make no sense. I think Adama took a 50% drop in wages to sweeten the deal for Barca.
With no loan fee, surely his wages were being paid by Barca.

But if Barca send him back, what have we lost ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before all this it looked like a stupid move, from the day he left .
Now having lost 7 out of the last 10 with no ability to move the ball forward it looks like a sacking offence.
I do hope Fosun are ruthless with failure.
The purchase of Silva and the loan of Traore have cost us dear.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure either but it would make no sense. I think Adama took a 50% drop in wages to sweeten the deal for Barca.
With no loan fee, surely his wages were being paid by Barca.

But if Barca send him back, what have we lost ?
The truth is, no Mixer knows or has evidence of how much for this aspect of the arrangement, and how much for that.

What transpires in the summer/transfer window we shall see. Maybe then it will be time to fully assess - as best we fans can - the implications of this arrangement, though I do tend to agree that we'd have been better off with Adama rather than Trincao on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom