Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

State of the game

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All contact is now considered a foul it’s ****ing ridiculous, they should make it a non contact sport if there the case

Oh it’s a penalty look there’s the contact, guess what KEOWN you ****ing useless boring waste of spunk it’s a contact sport, so no that doesn’t make it a penalty

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players cheat. The officials cheat. The authorities cheat by making arbitrary rules to enforce a status quo. More and more there is a vibe of trying to fix the game...in multiple senses of the word.
The best fix would be to seriously consider getting rid of VAR or seriously overhauling it, and a look at rule implementation around trying to con officials.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All contact is now considered a foul it’s ****ing ridiculous, they should make it a non contact sport if there the case

Oh it’s a penalty look there’s the contact, guess what KEOWN you ****ing useless boring waste of spunk it’s a contact sport, so no that doesn’t make it a penalty
The irony of course being that Keown used to put himself about and would spend most of his career suspended under current guidance

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chris Sutton yesterday saying Greasy Jack would never go down on purpose if he could stay on his feet must rank as one of the most ridiculous statements ever made about football.
Why doesn’t Chris Sutton say that Greasy Jack should wear shin pads and keep his socks rolled up!

I might be being pedantic but surely the apparent fouls would be a lot less if he protected himself a bit more. He is asking for trouble imo.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At 27 I was still a regular in a standing North Bank watching a club destined to win in a Wembley final against European Champions (when the Champions league was made of of well champions only) who were managed by a coaching genius pairing of Clough and Taylor. Two individuals who fined their players fro 'gamesmanship' (cheating) or giving refs grief. Clough was also a devoted fan of the beautiful game who understood what it was all about.

We were managed by another pair who were not quite in the same category but still understood.

There was much wrong with the game then. Lack of safety in stadiums which, for the most part, hadn't seen meaningful investment for decades. Laughable, in a sick way, playing surfaces as winter rolled on. Just one year away from the Hillsborough Spurs SF precursor to the 1989 disaster which had been waiting to happen for years. Attendances falling off. Followed by political overkill after 1989 and the watershed moment when the few 'elite' made their first land grab. All ineptly, incompetently and with an element of corrupt practice, overseen by the governing bodies.

It's a long road out of Eden (there's a song there somewhere) and the journey begins with the first step. Is it just football that's taken that road though?

Yesterday Italy scored a wonderful try in The Six Nations. Ruled out after the technology which infests sport. progress taking sport backwards, showed a very marginal forward pass. The sporting artistry cancelled out by soulless big brother technology. Rendered null and void in the pursuit of the 'right' decision. Had it been in the days of referee having the real final word few would have been the wiser and the spontaneous bout of sporting excellence would have been enjoyed for years to come, Instead it 'didn't count'. As if it had never happened. We see the same in Cricket with endless and time consuming checks to see if the ball tickled the bat before being caught, or hit the leg.

Of course we shouldn't blame technology for players cheating. Whether in football or anywhere. Perhaps if they were not encouraged to win at all costs, they might own up. Footballers stop the now plague like diving and screaming in games. Sadly we have players at our club who do it. I recall both Silva and Coady having a felled tree attempt at getting a penalty.

I watch a lot of Snooker and they play for huge sums. Players always (there have been a few instances of corruption but the majority are in it to compete properly) tell the Ref if they miss a foul committed. So it isn't just about money causing the corruption. I don't watch snooker when on subscription outlets but always when on the other versions.

There is no need to subscribe to Skyball and the others either. I have no subscriptions and won't ever. I see every Wolves game in some way, but rarely watch other football games now. Just too much of the same. Cricket I watch highlights when able or live if on non subscription channels.As with Rugby. I can take them or leave them.

In the slime that today is in many ways football we have a coach who is in the 'get it' mould. It's just that the sticky nature of the slime can't be completely neutralised.

For other reasons fans are now absent and there have been a few noises as to how they are missed, By the players perhaps and by the playing staff. But it has gone on anyway without fans present. I wonder how much the pop sellers, betting sites and media subscription channels care? They still pimp out the game. Still pump billions in to a game which has prostituted itself way beyond any sponsorship to ensure the financial well being of club and game.

Where once understated and distinguished club badges sat discreetly on shirts see every available inch occupied by the dollar inspired graffiti.

The reality- and perhaps saddest part -poses this question though. Would Wolverhampton and wider 'community' be better off with or without Molineux and the club today? Only one answer to that one methinks.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I always remember back in the late 60s this black kid who had just arrived over here joined our local football club, on the first training session night he got tackled he stormed off the pitch moaning about being tackled, apparently it was a non contact sport where he came from. I thought that could never happen here,

Back
Top Bottom