Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may well be right, its just what I have been told by someone who normally is reliable.
well, i hope you are right. maybe the tenuous link is the potential investors actually get to see the squad etc. it is very tenuous as they could literally meet anywhere, any time and we would never know

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is very disappointing that Molineux has (or will remain) stagnant for the first decade of Fosuns ownership.
There is so much that could be improved at not vast expense, considering 30,000 visit regularly bringing in about £1 million on each match day.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
It should be perfectly obvious by now we need an expansion to capacity, the obvious way would be expanding the south bank like Liverpool did. Build behind the stand then join it up in close season. Those extra seats would mean not a huge reduction in capacity while the Steve bull is rebuilt. The main issue seems to be the Steve bull as it's so old now knocking it down apparently is a huge headache and could take upto 2 years until a new stand is ready.

I love molineux but if it helped take us to the next level I'd reluctantly be prepared to move to a new custom built 50k stadium, it just seems too expensive and too difficult to redevelop the current stadium

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me would love the South Bank to be as it was - one of the top 3 terraces in the country. Don’t care about the other stands (even though I sit in Steve Bull).

Build up and over a second tier and sides. Lower tier and sides are standing. Upper tier seated.

1500 standing tickets next to S Bull, 1500 standing tickets replace G Hughes and 5000 seats in second tier.

Adds 7k tickets.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me would love the South Bank to be as it was - one of the top 3 terraces in the country. Don’t care about the other stands (even though I sit in Steve Bull).

Build up and over a second tier and sides. Lower tier and sides are standing. Upper tier seated.

1500 standing tickets next to S Bull, 1500 standing tickets replace G Hughes and 5000 seats in second tier.

Adds 7k tickets.
Been saying this for years.....it's the stand with the space behind to do exactly this , without reducing the capacity at all by having to knock a stand down.....and the extra seats would be in the area why price wise they was needed....not in cooperate expensive seats on the side of the pitch , that most of our fans can't afford...

When it was completed you could just tart up the Steve bull by making bigger concourses etc ..by removing the wasted office space at the back ....

Last edited:

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score

Adds 7k tickets.

I wouldn't want a 2 tier South Bank look what it did the other end 2 tiers killed most of the almosphere in the North Bank it became disjointed. The South Bank needs to be one entity - just build it higher

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't want a 2 tier South Bank look what it did the other end 2 tiers killed most of the almosphere in the North Bank it became disjointed. The South Bank needs to be one entity - just build it higher
It aye the stand that killed the atmosphere in the north bank, it's the people in it. ......and I sit in it ....did before it was two tier.....

Stick Glasgow Rangers fans in it , it would rock....

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an ideal world I would like to gradually increase the capacity as a lot of other clubs seem able to do, and then assess the situation. I feel we do need a bigger ground to progress. I have always felt a 40,000 would be our limit, but if we could increase the capacity to around 35,000 in the near future, that would be a good start.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It aye the stand that killed the atmosphere in the north bank, it's the people in it. ......and I sit in it ....did before it was two tier.....

Agreed and happy with variation that South Bank grows from 5,500 plus 1,000 Graham Hughes to 7,000 plus 1,500 on each side and then upper tier is 3,500.

Almost doubles lower tier in size - imagine the noise!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed and happy with variation that South Bank grows from 5,500 plus 1,000 Graham Hughes to 7,000 plus 1,500 on each side and then upper tier is 3,500.

Almost doubles lower tier in size - imagine the noise!
Agree ...there is the space to do it and it could be done without closing the stand....In a similar way to how Liverpool did there new end behind the goal....new roof could probably be built before the old one was taken it down.....it's what I wanted when the Graham Hughes stand was taken down for repairs recently...

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
South bank is fine, apart from having the atmosphere diluted the past 5 seasons.

Clearly it's the Steve bull that needs attention and wrapping around from the north bank adding an extra 4-5k.

Unfortunately with got no external income and very little to be gained financially by building, so it's not happening.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
South bank needs extending backwards and wrapping around to meet steve bull and billy wright, this could easily add 6k without affecting capacity
Then start the work they mentioned about the lower steve bull getting it closer to the pitch adding another 1k seats. Putting away fans in the quad for a season.
Final phase creating more concourse space for steve bull upper and a revamp of facilities.

38.5 k capacity should be adequate.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is rare to have two stands within a stadium that are noisy. We seemingly don't have one a lot of the time so I wouldn't worry about the NB. I have my season ticket there, and enjoy it. Put the away fans consistently in the quadrant as per the original plan and it would get louder.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is rare to have two stands within a stadium that are noisy. We seemingly don't have one a lot of the time so I wouldn't worry about the NB. I have my season ticket there, and enjoy it. Put the away fans consistently in the quadrant as per the original plan and it would get louder.
Yes I love the North bank... best stand in terms of facilities in the ground.....was just disputing it's the two tiers that wreck the atmosphere....it's the old buggers in it.... including me that dow sing .

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I love the North bank... best stand in terms of facilities in the ground.....was just disputing it's the two tiers that wreck the atmosphere....it's the old buggers in it.... including me that dow sing .
think you have a few years on me, but freely admit I don't necessarily go the games to sing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like it’s happening anytime soon, and it’s been said more times than I can remember, but…

Extend the South Bank backwards, upwards to the height of the North Bank, and into the SE corner. That would add at least 5k

Rebuild the Steve Bull in phases, keep the concrete core to save time and money if sound and practical. The lower tier square to the pitch as close as the North Bank, and into the SE corner to join the South Bank. The upper tier extended upwards to the height of the North Bank, into the corners either side, and build an extension at the back to resolve the access and concourse issues. Move the away support into the NE corner permanently. The hospitality area and boxes rebuilt to make the facility more commercially attractive to generate a lot more revenue. Add at least 2k

Net result, capacity 40k+, better hospitality, better facilities for fans, away fans moved from the Steve Bull Lower, and a stadium which looks far move balanced.

Longer term, if justified, replace the BW with a new main stand and fill in the remaining 2 corners to increase capacity to 45-50k.

Ideally find a developer partner for the work who would take a minority equity stake in exchange for injecting 100m to fund the initial phases, thereby avoiding the club needing to pay for it via commercial loans and interest charges. Throw in the land around Molineux into the broader scheme to give Fosun and the new investor more opportunities to make money beyond the stadium.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
South bank is fine, apart from having the atmosphere diluted the past 5 seasons.

Clearly it's the Steve bull that needs attention and wrapping around from the north bank adding an extra 4-5k.

Unfortunately with got no external income and very little to be gained financially by building, so it's not happening.

Stopping thousands of youngsters and future generations getting hooked on the Wolves.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Random idea I presume they’ve thought of, universities tend to have a bit of money don’t they, have we considered partnering with them as they own most of the land don’t they behind the Steve bull, so if they can put up the money we rebuild it to include loads of classrooms and stuff they can use all week round

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Random idea I presume they’ve thought of, universities tend to have a bit of money don’t they, have we considered partnering with them as they own most of the land don’t they behind the Steve bull, so if they can put up the money we rebuild it to include loads of classrooms and stuff they can use all week round
I think you're 15 years too late with that idea. Wolverhampton Uni basically bankrupt

loppers86

Reaction score
Fosun have zero ambition. you can tell that by having jeff shi rotting about like a fish out of water for 5 years.

Everyone on this site knows in their heart of hearts, one of these days we’re going to start a season like burnley and never get out of it. that was what happened last season until the magical julen lopetegui conjured up a miracle, despite being stitched up like a kipper by shi and hobbs

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Perhaps if the facilities were better in the Upper Steve Bull, supporters would not need to leave their seats fifteen minutes before half time for whatever. They may then be able to get back in their seats when the second half kicks off.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If we were to redevelop the stadium, I think there’d be loads more corporate facilities in any new stands. That’s where your money comes really. There are some good accounts on social media who show corporate facilities at clubs, even clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 are charging £200-£250 per person per game for a three course meal, padded seats, meeting an ex-player and having access to a bar.

bully9

Reaction score
It should be perfectly obvious by now we need an expansion to capacity, the obvious way would be expanding the south bank like Liverpool did. Build behind the stand then join it up in close season. Those extra seats would mean not a huge reduction in capacity while the Steve bull is rebuilt. The main issue seems to be the Steve bull as it's so old now knocking it down apparently is a huge headache and could take upto 2 years until a new stand is ready.

I love molineux but if it helped take us to the next level I'd reluctantly be prepared to move to a new custom built 50k stadium, it just seems too expensive and too difficult to redevelop the current stadium
under no circumstances in my view do we ever move, ld never want us to change the name either some things in life are not worth any amount of money

Back
Top Bottom