Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be great but won't happen, it sounds like they prefer to renovate the John Ireland and then expand the South Bank. It could all turn out looking botched - 4 different styles in a stadium and no tier alignment.

I loved those Morgan renders of 10 years ago including the two-tiered South Bank. A one-tiered kop then became the fashion à la Spurs.
Nearly liked your post until you loved the two tier South Bank plans

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The option of a loan direct from Fosun's coffers is still a possibility though. The interest rate on that, will be as low as Fosun want it to be. If Fosun see value, they'll invest.

I doubt this is really a possibility because that’s not really how a company like Fosun operates. Would be different if it was Guo which bought Wolves and not Fosun.

Even if it were possible, then Fosun would be required by their shareholders to charge a reasonable rate of interest. As a minimum that would be the average cost of borrowing for Fosun themselves, or more typically, their target investment rate of return. If Fosun themselves were not under the spotlight by investors, the former might be better than a club like Wolves could raise commercially, but as they are I’m not so sure. I doubt Fosun’s IRR would be lower than commercial loan terms that Wolves could obtain for infrastructure investment.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
That would be great but won't happen, it sounds like they prefer to renovate the John Ireland and then expand the South Bank. It could all turn out looking botched - 4 different styles in a stadium and no tier alignment.

I loved those Morgan renders of 10 years ago including the two-tiered South Bank. A one-tiered kop then became the fashion à la Spurs.
Guessing you’ve not been in the lower tier of the North Bank then.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt this is really a possibility because that’s not really how a company like Fosun operates. Would be different if it was Guo which bought Wolves and not Fosun.

Even if it were possible, then Fosun would be required by their shareholders to charge a reasonable rate of interest. As a minimum that would be the average cost of borrowing for Fosun themselves, or more typically, their target investment rate of return. If Fosun themselves were not under the spotlight by investors, the former might be better than a club like Wolves could raise commercially, but as they are I’m not so sure. I doubt Fosun’s IRR would be lower than commercial loan terms that Wolves could obtain for infrastructure investment.
Is this the same Fosun who loaned Wolves £126.5M interest free and later wrote off the debt?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this the same Fosun who loaned Wolves £126.5M interest free and later wrote off the debt?

It is, but it’s different. Fosun spent that money buying Wolves and investing in the squad to get us promoted. They later converted that loan into equity once it had paid out in a much increased asset value of the club. Most owners do not convert their soft loans into equity, so the fact Fosun did, suggests it was beneficial in some regard eg to attract future investors. In any case, their loan generated a return far greater than the interest on a commercial loan of similar value over the same period.

If Fosun were to spend another 70m improving the stadium, it is less clear that would translate into more than 70m of additional asset value. Not impossible, just less certain. Hence I think it much less likely Fosun would loan the money for stadium expansion to Wolves in the form of a soft loan as they did before, unless it was tied to some project which would clearly boost the value of the club beyond the loan.

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be an idea to put a roof to cover it, then through the cold months we play it'll have shelter for people to go and walk around.

If its cold and raining, sod walking round I'm jnto the concourse of the ground or pub till kick off.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be an idea to put a roof to cover it, then through the cold months we play it'll have shelter for people to go and walk around.

If its cold and raining, sod walking round I'm jnto the concourse of the ground or pub till kick off.

Looking at the cgi images in the E&S article, there is a small covered area.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the cgi images in the E&S article, there is a small covered area.
To house 1500 people?
Leeds United had that Hall next to the main stand, bug enough so we could house all the COVID vaccines to be taken in.
Like putting up an umbrella in a rain storm looking at it for 1500 people.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you've been watching Liverpool v Man City game could you see what a good job they're doing for the redevelopment of the Anfield Road stand.
They are building / erecting the roof of this stand higher and on top of the existing roof to expand that stand and the grounds capacity. I presume they'll take the old roof down in the summer for next season and the completion of this stand with the minimal loss of their capacity for the interim period.
This is exactly how the South Bank needs to be redeveloped for a larger capacity for Molineux. Plus at the same time the Graham Hughes Stand could possibly be covered also while building a larger roof first over all of the South Bank .

Last edited:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
TBH, that looks pretty pathetic, McGhee's beer garden has more cover than that, looks like some school project made with cereal packets.

Bull

Reaction score
If you've been watching Liverpool v Man City game could you see what a good job they're doing for the redevelopment of the Anfield Road stand.
They are building / erecting the roof of this stand higher and on top of the existing roof to expand that stand and the grounds capacity. I presume they'll take the old roof down in the summer for next season and the completion of this stand with the minimal loss of their capacity for the interim period.
This is exactly how the South Bank needs to be redeveloped for a larger capacity for Molineux. Plus at the same time the Graham Hughes Stand could possibly be covered also while building a larger roof first over all of the South Bank .
Yes looking good. Anfield will soon have 2 magnificent stands.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Looks rubbish but tbh I don’t expect anything else from the club when it comes to the stadium these days.

Even Tranmere Rovers are more ambitious with their designs for a fan zone:
1_Screenshot-2021-05-25-145915.png

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks rubbish but tbh I don’t expect anything else from the club when it comes to the stadium these days.

I don't think much of their pitch behind though, it's got trees growing on it

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. It should have cover over it. Otherwise won’t be able to use it most of the year

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I wonder when we fans shall hear about the Steve Bull Stand revamp getting underway, as outlined by Russell Jones.
I see Crystal Palace got an updated green light last week for their new main stand seating 13,500, with 10,700 general admission seats.
It raises Selhurst Park's capacity from 26,000 to 34,000, a good increase. A similar sized revamped Steve Bull Stand would see a 4,000+ increase.
A long journey ahead for Palace but they are progressing their plans well, getting brilliant support from Croydon Council, good luck to them with this challenge.
These comments by Steve Parish were very telling..
Commenting on why the development will be so significant for the club, Parish said: “If you’re not moving forward you’re standing still in the Premier League… Aston Villa have got planning permission to enlarge the stadium, Leeds are looking at more seats in the stadium.

Last edited:

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
We won't employ a manager, when we are seriously facing relegation, so there will be no chance of stadium development.
I would love to see it happen, but promises are easy and we are experts in being let down.
It seems what you say, is how it is panning out Stourport.
Everton, Newcastle, Leicester, Leeds, Villa, Forest and Palace, outside the Big Six, similar to Wolves in size and supposed ambitions..
Yet, all moving their stadium redevelopment plans along in various stages, Everton are making great progress at Bramley Moore Dock.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happened to all the talk about a 10000 strong south bank ?
More pie in the sky bull****

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder when we fans shall hear about the Steve Bull Stand revamp getting underway, as outlined by Russell Jones.
I see Crystal Palace got an updated green light last week for their new main stand seating 13,500, with 10,700 general admission seats.
It raises Selhurst Park's capacity from 26,000 to 34,000, a good increase. A similar sized revamped Steve Bull Stand would see a 4,000+ increase.
A long journey ahead for Palace but they are progressing their plans well, getting brilliant support from Croydon Council, good luck to them with this challenge.
These comments by Steve Parish were very telling..
Commenting on why the development will be so significant for the club, Parish said: “If you’re not moving forward you’re standing still in the Premier League… Aston Villa have got planning permission to enlarge the stadium, Leeds are looking at more seats in the stadium.
Interestingly lots of people who live in the area are VERY fed up with Croydon council over this. A number of councillors fear that they will lose their seats.....

Edited to add:

It still needs approval by both the Mayor of London and potentially HMG (DHLUC to be precise) too.

Last edited:

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
A 10k South Bank, new Steve Bull Stand, reprofiled Steve Bull Stand, 500 seat new temp stand, 46K stadium, a step by step revamp, the 50k stadium render at the Telford awards in 2019.. quite a list, nothing so far, any start looks years down the line.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we just kill this thread now.

We can’t afford a manager let alone a new stadium. Post relegation it won’t matter.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we just kill this thread now.

We can’t afford a manager let alone a new stadium. Post relegation it won’t matter.
If we get in a new CEO or even new owners in I'm sure the redevelopment of Molineux will be back on the agenda again..

As Jeff Shi has definitely lost the plot never mind the project

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cabbages???

What have you heard about Brucey???
DOF 15 year deal

Sellars new manager and Jeff going to compete with Costa for the holding striker role .

Mind you I did hear that Santa was coming after Christmas so my source might have this wrong .

He mentioned mesut Ozil but as the Disney song goes we don't mention Bruno . We don't mention Mesut

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Filed in the same cabinet as “ new manager “ underneath “ new striker “ in between “ ticket price increases”

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its all about a bit of style over function, here is the new Everton stadium at least this looks something different
Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 15.51.09.png

Bradstonian

Reaction score
View attachment 32456
Can we go back to something like this please?
I think the old Molineux Street stand was tapered because of the road it backed onto. We have a far bigger ground now because the streets behind that stand and the North Bank were removed. The old stadium footprint wouldn't have allowed for any decent sized stadium with modern facilities. Would make a nice cake though.

Back
Top Bottom