Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Squad rotation, 3 big games in 6 days

Reaction score
I'm not convinced that we even need to consider rotation...

Last time we had 3 games in 6 days we beat Chelsea, Brentford and Everton over Christmas with minimal changes to the team over that period.

The players are clearly fit enough so I'm sure we'll just pick the best possible XI for all 3 games, no need to overthink it.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need clever players against Sheff Utd,Sarabia and Doyle are those
They will sit back and that nullifies Neto a great deal, i would give him a rest for at least half a game
Second half would be ideal with them perhaps tiring a bit to unleash him
This. We need lockpicks instead of dynamite.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
I have had a change of heart.
Do we REALLY want to finish 7th?
Do we REALLY want to be in a Euro competition that no-one is interested in, against teams no-one has heard of?
Will it REALLY help summer recruitment to ask a small squad of players to travel to Europe every Thursday (or whatever) and play more games than their muscles can cope with?
It didn't harm Villa for a while, but are they NOW suffering...?

I think I prefer an honourable 8th place, and the chance to build and go again next year. And for now, we try to get as far as possible in Cup (which fans will ALWAYS rate higher than almost anything else) and hope the remaining 'big guns' draw each other - and we have a brilliant day out at a final....

So I would certainly go ALL OUT for a win v Brighton, and if that means resting Gomes and Neto and Air-Nourri then so be it. I would also consider bringing in Bueno for Dawson too; he has had horrible mistakes in the last 3 games (whilst otherwise playing well).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina comes must play v Brighton Newcastle.

Doyle and traore and jrb all could get minutes v blades

I think you could use Doyle and traore v blade and we'd be fine
Good idea

Start Bouby Doyle Bellegarde in midfield against sheff utd watch us rip them open so much creativity which is needed.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Going to be key to not make a slog of the Blades game. Or not burn too many Pedro Neto minutes there.

I think the game @Newcastle is probably not going to be 3 points purely based on schedule, and that might just be something the club have to live with and avoid a Neto injury.

I know Gary loves the FA Cup, and I can see him prioritizing it and semi-sacrificing the Newcastle game.

Going to need real minutes from all 4 CM to have any chance of being fresh enough. Also going to need real minutes from Fraser.

This is probably too cute by half, but can we steal 55 minutes with Fraser against Blades and replace him with Pedro? In other words, start him?

My thinking is they will probably sit way back and we may just be bombing crosses in, in which case maybe Fraser can be more useful. Play him with Hwang and Sarabia.

Then have a pretty fresh Neto vs Brighton to hit them on the counter...and man, I dunno, figure out Newcastle when it comes.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect we’ll be unchanged v Sheffield. Then make 2 or 3 changes for the cup. Probably give a start to Bellegarde, Doyle . Maybe Traore and one of the fullbacks.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had a dream last night and I think we'll be fine. We beat Sheffield Utd quite comfortably. Main things I remember are they missed a penalty when we were 3 up, and we ended the game fielding our women's team. Seemed a bit odd at the time, but apparently it was within the rules.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think I’d want Neto to play 2 games in quick succession; would make sense for him to be on the bench midweek. That’s not because I don’t value the cup, it’s just the way it’s fallen in the middle of 3 games in a week.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May have to use noha or enso in the cup for minutes or even against SU for rotation

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We have to be clever here, games v Sheff U, Brighton & Newcastle. It’s a dilemma for GON but I’m sure he will do the right thing. The easiest thing is to get nicely ahead on Sunday and then rest the key guys second half.
Do young ultra fit professional footballers need to be rested!!! Keep winning you wont feel tired

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We have had a couple of 1-game weeks, the squad can cope with those three games without a significant rotation.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do young ultra fit professional footballers need to be rested!!! Keep winning you wont feel tired

We have had a couple of 1-game weeks, the squad can cope with those three games without a significant rotation.

Generally I fully agree, however I do think some caution is needed with someone like Neto not long back from a fairly serious hamstring injury. Could easily re aggravate it.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a dream last night and I think we'll be fine. We beat Sheffield Utd quite comfortably. Main things I remember are they missed a penalty when we were 3 up, and we ended the game fielding our women's team. Seemed a bit odd at the time, but apparently it was within the rules.
Dreams are weird, mostly when you wake up, you can't remember what happened, or only have the vaguest recollection. Very often when you do remember, totally impossible events took place, but you feel strangely rested and satisfied.
It's better not to tell anyone, just walk around with an enigmatic smile and let them wonder.
That's what I do anyway, never mentioning Britt Ekland, or Kylie Minogue.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And to look after business, let not forget that a win against SU pretty much assures us of PL football next season.

What a sad state for the league and the standard of the bottom few that we can say that in late Feb….

Really want Luton to stay up…. Rob Edwards is doing a great job but what happened to Lockyer seems to have galvanised them!

Also would be a great fairy tale story for the league in one that is overshadowed by greed and financial foul play!

Back
Top Bottom