Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs Verdict

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Few more stats from today.

Number of Spurs shots in the second half: 0

Number of Harry Kane (MBE) touches in the Wolves box all game: 0

Spurs first defeat against a newly promoted side since April 2012.

Pochettino’s first defeat against a newly promoted side.

D

Deleted member 4453

Reading match coms on way home. My verdict is trust Nuno and stop blaming individuals and stick with the lads. Buzzing me willy bollys off. What a win. Oh and we won due to a Nuno masterpiece. Those subs. Stunning. Cor wait to get back to me local, **** London.

This.

There are players who have done my head in, Traore, Bonatini whoever but back them even if you don't agree with some of what they do.

They work all week, and this is proof how hard they work.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was the archetypal game of two halves. First half Spurs were well on top and we resorted to lumping the ball forwards only for it to come straight back. Passes going astray and Rui kicking into touch more than to one of our players. Kane scored a worldy although it may have been a foul on Cav in the lead up to the goal.
We needed to be braver and revert to our passing style in the second and that's exactly what we did, dominating possession and chances. Spurs never had an attempt on goal in the second.
A goal from a Moutinho corner for Boly which I think was our first from a corner this season, a scuffed shot from Jiminez and a breakaway goal Costa. Nuno's subs worked to a tee.
Best result of the season to date. Just wish we could play consistently like we did second half.j

S

Shifnal Wolf

Didn’t see that coming, what a result.

Nuno is certainly a genius :)

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy days, does anyone know what the away end allocation was?

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Absolutely delighted, top performance against the leagues in form team.
Keep seeing we were a bit fortunate first half but surely we played it just right, negated their high class forward line apart from one great save and a class goal by one of the best strikers in the world, then second half when they were played out, we hit them on the break.....its what we do

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sat with the Spurs fans......

Our fans were amazing all game. Sang none stop with a huge repertoire of songs
Totally outsang Spurs all game
Brilliant day
Happy Christmas!!

Well it's not difficult to do these days. This is the way the 'big' clubs, particularly the London variety want football. All 'up-yourself-pretty-pretty-blingy-blingy-image-but-no-substance' stadia to preen in. All in best hushed gentrified style.

It's why it's vital Molineux stays Molineux in any redevelopment. It's a football club in a football City.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable second half, up there with any 45 minutes of football I’ve seen from us in the last 20 years, and at the home of football.

In the US so was lucky enough to watch it on NBC. 1st half we did ok but perhaps showed them too much respect and they seemed to think they could just control us and play it like a training game, especially when Kane hit a worldy, but their arrogance came to bite them and that second half, without them even having a shot on goal, clearly illustrates just how far we have come and we’re now competing shoulder to shoulder with any in this division, already

My scores

Patricio 7 - brilliant save in the 1st half from Eriksen but kicking off as still below what you’d want. Claimed all that he needed to in the second half

Boly 8 - imperious in that second half, great on the ball and cracking header to get us back in the game and set the platform for that amazing finish

Coady 8 - Our Leader has once again. Some great challenges again, especially 1st half and in the second was even coming out with the ball more

Bennett 7 - A very typical Bennett performance and was his usual solid self and once flick in the second half that was Ronaldoesque!

Jonny 8 - Another class performances from Jonny and one you have come to expect from him. If the noise is true and he’s open to a permanent deal, it has to be done

Doherty 8 - was very disciplined 1st half as we looked to stay solid but in the second got forward well and was a big part of why we got that result

Neves 8 - Was really pleased with him today. Defended superbly and you could see his confidence build as the game went on. Not far from the old Neves now and needs to stay in the team

Dendonker 7 - Rusty start as you’d expect but grew into the game and looked ok and solid. Exhausted when brought off but did a job and allowed the subs to be fresh and win the game for us

Cavaleiro 7 - Frustrating first half but improved and good to see him play almost 90 mins and had a had in the second goal

Jimenez 9 - superb hold up play in the first half and tore them apart in the second and great finish through the legs and yes, looked a £30M player today

Traore 8 - Typed a 7 then changed to an 8 as he was our best player in the first half and looked the man most likely and played a big part in taking back the initiative through his threat. Unlucky to go off

Subs

Moutinho 9 - Won the game for us as simple as that and has to be MOTM as a result. Right call to keep him fresh to come on and change the game as he did at Newcastle. Rolls Royce of a player

Costa 8 - Delighted for him. Thought he’d miss that one at the end if I’m honest but took his goal superbly. Now needs to kick on

MGW n/a - No real time

Nuno 9 - Got it right, again

Fans were phenomenal and all you could hear on the TV, and have that Merson!

Looking upwards again but now we need to follow up against Palace at home and beat a side that will try and spoil us

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Hawkguy, long time no see. I missed the game.......just now got the result.
Over the moon........what’s the reference to Canada?
Long time my friend! Fantastic result! Second half was beautiful.

Junior Hoilett is Canadian and starts for Cardiff. One of their best players! So if he stays up in the Premier League, more Canadians will be interested in following him (and the sport) and in turn, hopefully continue to improve our growing program!

I don't really like Cardiff, but still good for them to stay up for the Canadian program!

Kentishwolf

Reaction score
I have been at work at Liverpool Street Station and all the talk was about how many we would concede. Big grin as that second half unfolded and even bigger grin out on the concourse as the Spurs fans started coming back through. To the young lady in the Wolves top whose friend was in a Spurs top, enjoy your meal on him and pick the most expensive of everything.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched on a stream on my son's phone sitting on a beach in St Lucia before we fly home this evening. What a way to end our holiday. Our neighbours were in no doubt when each of our goals went in!

Solid first half only let down by Kane's strike. Fantastic second half topped off by Costa getting his goal and hopefully restoring his confidence. Nuno had a plan today and the boys executed it almost flawlessly.

A few words for Kane - sod off you stuck up prat. Cheating diving so and so.

A few words for Merson - Merson, Merson what's the score....

Finally a few words for our travelling fans... you sounded magnificent.

UTW

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To stop their league challenge is priceless and small compensation for the league cup and fa cup semis and the eufa cup final.My dad and his mum both supported them so I suffered .

Get that striker in and sixth might be possible.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few more stats from today.

Number of Spurs shots in the second half: 0

Number of Harry Kane (MBE) touches in the Wolves box all game: 0

Spurs first defeat against a newly promoted side since April 2012.

Pochettino’s first defeat against a newly promoted side.
Harry Kane dives in the box: 90000000000000000

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Long time my friend! Fantastic result! Second half was beautiful.

Junior Hoilett is Canadian and starts for Cardiff. One of their best players! So if he stays up in the Premier League, more Canadians will be interested in following him (and the sport) and in turn, hopefully continue to improve our growing program!

I don't really like Cardiff, but still good for them to stay up for the Canadian program!
Well, ok, we’ll make an exception this time....lol.
Cheers mate.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I've got a £100 bet with a Saddlers mate who assured me Nuno would be sacked before December 31st.

That'll pay for New Years.
I call BS Scotty. Never heard of a ‘Walsall fan’ what’s one of them?! :D

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
This thread has kept that smile on my face all the way home. Special mention for all the Spurs boys at Wembley they ere resolute invtefusing to join in the singing with us. I mean every man, woman and child!

Another great away day courtesy of Nuno and the boys. Farewell 2018 been a great year.

Back
Top Bottom