Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs verdict thread

Riffardwolf

Reaction score
Neves is just unreal, the way he worked today was unreal. Gonna miss him when he goes but he deserves to be playing in the champions league
What about ward -prowse as a replacement? Watching him tonight they're very similar and he will want to stay in the premier league when saints inevitably go down

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
That's the third game I've been to this season that it has felt like the Molineux of the Nuno period, the two previous games being the West Ham and Liverpool wins. We just needed to hang in and get to half-time today. Lopetegui's change of tactics and subs won the game, it was superb management. His changes had been really good up until the Bournemouth game and I was starting to wonder if he was losing his touch, but he showed his experience and knowledge again today. Was dumfounded by Lemina's substitution, I thought he had to be injured, but I trust Lopetegui over me. I absolutely loved the second half. After Son hit the bar our play and the atmosphere built and built, just like the beating of a drum getting louder and louder, faster and faster.

Captain fantastic Neves was brilliant in the second half and nearly scored a couple of screamers. Raul was the Raul of old, shooting on sight and playing lovely assists. Adama was dangerous, beat his man a number of times, put in some great balls and scored a beauty. Moutinho rolled back the years, pressed and broke up play time and time again and was always looing to set us up on attack. The back 5 looked rock solid from 50 mins onwards. Spare a thought for Costa, he's not really doing it for us this season, but i would hate for himt o end his career this way and without a Wolves goal.

Very happy journey home and that Ready Brek glow will be emanating from me all weekend as I bask in the light of another win and enjoyable few days of watching the other football, all the various highlights of our match and podcast reviews. Happy Saturday everyone. Up the Wolves!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A special mention for Adama Traore today.
I've been a Traore fan boy for most of his time with us, but recently I've been very critical of him and his apparent half-***** attitude and approach to games.
I've been convinced lately that he's been saving himself for a move away, but none of it today, he was absolutely outstanding and I'm only too happy to be eating humble pie tonight.
Credit where it's due and if the fella wants to stay and bang in more of those showings, I'm in!
Well done Adama, you were magnificent!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We weren’t at the races up to the Costa injury. At which point JLo had the whole team over and a complete reorganisation with Lemina dropping to make a back 3. We improved and looked like we had more of a clue. 2nd half, I’d have taken off Nunes and not Lemina. The introduction of Traore started to make a difference and the front 3 were very flexible with Sarabia and Raul particularly interchanging. This suits Raul as he likes to wander across the front line but needs others to step in when he does. I thought Cunha was very good when he came on and helped Raul even more should have scored.

In summary, they hit the bar at the start of the 2nd half, we could have scored 5. Foster made 2 great saves from Neves, 1 from Raul (best header since the injury), Semedo was inches away and Cunha should have done better.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about ward -prowse as a replacement? Watching him tonight they're very similar and he will want to stay in the premier league when saints inevitably go down
They're talking 80m for W-P. No ta.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opinions.

He ain't as good. However, how are wolves going to replace someone of Ruben's class?
I don't think we need to. He need to upgrade those around and in front of him. We'll never have a holding midfielder of his class again but most top 10 clubs don't.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Opinions.

He ain't as good. However, how are wolves going to replace someone of Ruben's class?

Absolutely, no offence meant.

I just think he’s criminally overrated.

Potentially best free kick taker of the premier league era. Doesn’t do much else in my opinion.

He would cost more than we sell neves for with the contract situation and I’d hope we try and find the next neves.

Writing this has made me sad though. The absolute rolls Royce we have in midfield is almost certainly gone in a few months :(

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nunes was truly awful. Hashtag headsgone?
Do you go to the games Bryce.? Or are you just looking for a scapegoat for a poor 1st half performance from the TEAM.
There were a couple of miss placed paces id agree from Nunes . But also many good moments where his passes were great or he linked well to get us out of trouble. There were two or three in the first half when I commented to my lad that he was playing better.

In my opinion he’s a player that would fit well into a top team or a team playing with lots of confidence, but not a team who are struggling for form and goals.
But awful …. No, absolutely not.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he wasn’t. Were you actually watching the first half? He was playing well, but it was hard when one of his teammates is man marking Harry Kane, and so he was doing a lot of the work Lemina would normally do. He won the ball and passed it on. Nothing flashy, but the grunt work which was necessary.
No, he was bloody awful.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Is Neves suspended now or is he still a booking short?

Gromit

Reaction score
I don't agree we were rubbish first half. Yes we rode our luck a bit but it was about containment. Spurs came out like an express train which is what you expect from a top four team. We "contained" them and it was about getting to half time 0-0.
Second half - thanks to JL and his subs - we were terrific. Spurs didn't know what hit them.
Shout out to the South Bank - really on song today.....
"Jeffrey Shi went to Spain....."!!!!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably the worst first half of the season but what a turnaround at half time. JL definitely earned his money with that tactical change. Lemina was fantastic first half shackling Kane btw.
I can think of far worst halves than that. Both halves v Leicester, Brighton and away to West Ham immediately spring to mind.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree we were rubbish first half. Yes we rode our luck a bit but it was about containment. Spurs came out like an express train which is what you expect from a top four team. We "contained" them and it was about getting to half time 0-0.
Second half - thanks to JL and his subs - we were terrific. Spurs didn't know what hit them.
Shout out to the South Bank - really on song today.....
"Jeffrey Shi went to Spain....."!!!!
Lopetegui said Spurs deserved more from the first half, ie we should've been losing. We were rubbish. We didn't really contain them, they hit the woodwork and had a few good opportunities as Lopetegui said, we rode our luck. Second half was lightyears apart though, especially the last 25 mins.

Gromit

Reaction score
Lopetegui said Spurs deserved more from the first half, ie we should've been losing. We were rubbish. We didn't really contain them, they hit the woodwork and had a few good opportunities as Lopetegui said, we rode our luck. Second half was lightyears apart though, especially the last 25 mins.
But we still got to half time 0-0

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anybody know whether Lemina had an injury or was it tactical?
No idea officially, but probably managing minutes as he’s probably done the most work of anyone in the last 2 games.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remenber Adama destroying them a few years back and us losing to a late corner.

Don't know wny as they are pretty pointless really, but it always feels good to beat Spurs,deserved or not.

Gromit

Reaction score
Yes but we didn't "contain them" as you claimed. We got lucky. Lopetegui understood this and then changed things, which paid off.
Don't disagree at all Perton, yes we rode our luck and they hit the bar. But it was 0-0 and that gave us the impetus for the 2nd half and gave JL the chance to change things for the 2nd half, which was terrific.
It could have been 0-2 at half time which would have been game over, which is why it was so important we "contained" them to 0-0, however frustrating that may have felt.
Anyway we got the 3 points so **** it!!!

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
great win today. Neves today was immense.... also a special mention to Traore's goal celebration ,hugging his team mates was a first instead of his usual chest bumps.....he really enjoyed the goal with his teammates. also at the end the celebrations with the subs.

Back
Top Bottom