Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southgate watching Coady.. or Wolves??

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The impact our Captain has made to the National teams defence makes me think that Southgate wants to take a few leaves out of the way we play so no surprise him being at the game last night. Conor’s performance must have surely cemented his England place for the foreseeable future too!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what is worse ... Watching England or watching Wolves for entertainment value! He has definitely tried to copy our way of playing as England are as turgid as Wolves to watch lol.

He’s not watching for entertainment value.
He wants back 3 featuring captain Coady lessons.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Deciding whether to play Coady instead of Declan Rice?

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Southgate must have been impressed by Kilman, he nailed absolutely everything. Truly superb performance.

He will also have seen Coady's leadership of Wolves and will have seen that as he gets more and more comfortable with England he really is the best possible candidate as a captain.

He may also have taken an opportunity to talk to Nuno about how Wolves play.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what is worse ... Watching England or watching Wolves for entertainment value! He has definitely tried to copy our way of playing as England are as turgid as Wolves to watch lol.
There is a very easy answer for that.....

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is a very easy answer for that.....
It was a very light hearted comment.

England played with 2 defensive midfielders whilst also playing a back 3 ... much like Wolves.

I'm English but I'm very 'meh' when it comes to the National side ... I would like them to win but I'm not bothered if they don't like I am with Wolves.

Hence I watch England more as a neutral ... England are an awful side to watch as there is very little good football on show despite all the players being the next best thing since sliced bread.

Wolves play very similar to England ... So from a neutral point of view from anyone other than a Wolves fan we must be awful to watch play 'football'.

Effective - Yes
Pleasurable to watch - No

Do you have a problem with my view that we aren't a great footballing side to watch?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

England played with 2 defensive midfielders whilst also playing a back 3 ... much like Wolves.

I'm English but I'm very 'meh' when it comes to the National side ... I would like them to win but I'm not bothered if they don't like I am with Wolves.

Hence I watch England more as a neutral ... England are an awful side to watch as there is very little good football on show despite all the players being the next best thing since sliced bread.

Wolves play very similar to England ... So from a neutral point of view from anyone other than a Wolves fan we must be awful to watch play 'football'.

Effective - Yes

Do you have a problem with my view that we aren't a great footballing side to watch?
Re your last sentence, actually sort of yes. We play some excellent technical football which is good to see (particularly after years of players who treated the ball like an unexploded bomb). Are we regularly entertaining? Truthfully not.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd have come to watch Coady and Phillips, primarily. Jack Harrison will also have been assessed.
The fact that Max Kilman had such an outstanding game will have been noted but doesn't signify anything more.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Re your last sentence, actually sort of yes. We play some excellent technical football which is good to see (particularly after years of players who treated the ball like an unexploded bomb). Are we regularly entertaining? Truthfully not.
Which is exactly my point. We have some very technically gifted players and 'can' play some excellent football ... Just not very often.

Hence my point I watch England in the same way anyone who isn't a Wolves fan watches Wolves. England aren't a good side to watch play football and from a neutral viewpoint neither are Wolves.

Effective? Yes ... Good to watch? Absolutely not.

Same as England, beat the number 1 ranked side in the world (although weakened) then lose to Denmark (Red card didn't help)

Wolves get tonked by West Ham and then do a job on Leeds

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The impact our Captain has made to the National teams defence makes me think that Southgate wants to take a few leaves out of the way we play so no surprise him being at the game last night. Conor’s performance must have surely cemented his England place for the foreseeable future too!

He's a yard quicker since playing for England last week. Long may it continue

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Effective - Yes

Only over the last four games , we have been brilliant over the last three years, seemed strange to read that comment from a Wolf thats all !

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only over the last four games , we have been brilliant over the last three years, seemed strange to read that comment from a Wolf thats all !
Actually probably post-lockdown... Otherwise l agree.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree with the poster above.

Bar Everton we haven't been great to watch since lockdown.

Which is my point that we have brilliant footballers and we can play brilliant football ... But we just seem to be playing tactically to not do this despite having the tools to do so.

The fact we can annoys me as we just don't. I think it's just the whole keeping it 0-0 till halftime is very risky as concede a goal and it's an uphill challenge then.

But strikers win you games and defences win you leagues as they say ... Just risky as I say because we do look negative.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
I am taking the pragmatic view of, "until there are points for style or bonus points for scoring more goals" i don't give a rats A about pretty football.
For me its a concept for the SKY TV watchers only.

From your Armchair they can't see the tactical aspects of a game, so the folks @ SKY wants the games to be fast & flowing, so they can keep their mega bucks rolling in. SKY can't cover the tactical aspects of a nil nil draw on TV for example, so want to discourage them by making them not fashionable.

From the Stands you can tell why a player has gone missing, or why your side looks Carp as the tactics of the opponent are stifling us.
You'd have seen how we were controlling Leeds in the first half for example, or how West Ham did us.
That just doesn't come across when you follow the ball only like you have to on TV ATM.one side look better than they were actually).

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good news about lockdown is that you can go and support man city and not have to travel to watch their games.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another one for the ignore list

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am taking the pragmatic view of, "until there are points for style or bonus points for scoring more goals" i don't give a rats A about pretty football.
For me its a concept for the SKY TV watchers only.

From your Armchair they can't see the tactical aspects of a game, so the folks @ SKY wants the games to be fast & flowing, so they can keep their mega bucks rolling in. SKY can't cover the tactical aspects of a nil nil draw on TV for example, so want to discourage them by making them not fashionable.

From the Stands you can tell why a player has gone missing, or why your side looks Carp as the tactics of the opponent are stifling us.
You'd have seen how we were controlling Leeds in the first half for example, or how West Ham did us.
That just doesn't come across when you follow the ball only like you have to on TV ATM.one side look better than they were actually).
I still struggle to see the tactical set ups, a lot more involved than a lot of people think.

Back
Top Bottom