Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton verdict

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Rubbish first half, tactical change and we win. Exactly the same as last season.

nice to see the normal doom mongers are no where to be seen. We lose and they can’t wait to start multiple threads telling everyone how bad the world is. Win and they’re completely absent.
No we ain’t nowhere to be seen, I’m here, same as vice versa, lose and the clappers go into hiding. Two sides of a coin that will just be repeated for ever in football on a forum that’s just how it is. Frankly I hate over the top love fests that everything is brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One more win and I think we can confidently say we’re safe. Hopefully that will then give us the confidence to start to play some better football.

Far from a convincing performance, and we had a huge bit of fortune with the penalty decision. Although, as with the David Luiz decision by the letter of the law it is a penalty. So I’ll take it!

Neto’s goal was worthy of winning any game though. When he’s on form he’s a super talent. A rare bright spark in an otherwise drab season.

Good performance from Neves again in the middle, if only we could get someone with pace in there alongside him.

Jose was quiet, but, having an actual centre forward spearheading the front three makes such a difference. I think he’s been a crucial signing to our turnaround in form.

Lastly, hope that ice pack on Johnny’s knew was only precautionary! He’s so very consistent and makes a massive improvement to our backline.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No we ain’t nowhere to be seen, I’m here, same as vice versa lose and the clappers go into hiding. Two sides of a coin that will just be repeated for ever in football on a forum.
Pessimistic or optimistic - I imagine all Wolves fans will be bloody delighted tonight. Enjoy your evening!

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if we are all honest - we’d be furious about the penalty award too.
It shouldn't be a penalty but under the current rules it is. We've had these go against us .
The rules around handball need making more sensible though.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

we got lucky getting a pen when their appeal was refused but we earned the points by fluidity up front.
And of course the way it panned out it’s Heartbreaking for them, and they’re absolutely gutted - which is nice :D

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result which I reckon we deserved for that second half display. After the Ward-Prowse shot (ignore the follow up, he was offside) I don't think they threatened at all and for once I wasn't watching the last 10 minutes from behind the curtains.
Rui back to his best with 2 cracking saves.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
*on the Dendoncker decision, I think it is slightly different. He’s trying to head the ball and is blinded to it, whereas unfortunately for Bertrand his arm is outstretched (just!) from his body and it blocks a goal bound shot, unlike Dendoncker’ which is by his side.

Tough break for the Saints, and hugely fortunate for Wolves, but I don’t think the decisions are as similar as some of the pundits are trying to suggest.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our fitness levels looked far better in the second half. Southampton looked leggy and ran out of energy. Can't imagine why.
I think starting to engage them higher up the pitch making them work harder both defensively and when trying to retain possession to build attacks of their own probably had some impact.

If we’d have continued to stand off and allow them to knock the ball around with little pressure in the middle third, they’d have been fine.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally! We move off that 14 th. spot. Been there too long. Need to spank Leeds and Newcastle next.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The second half is what happens when you run at players with the ball and move it quicker. Shame we need the spur of the first half to do it. Re the penalty, had similar given against us, and Imo should never be a penalty.
Pleased we dug in today. Traore caused trouble when he drifted inside.

Reactions: Ian

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had beaten Villa, which we should have, we would now be level with them.

Not quite sure what that means, but just find it a ridiculous stat.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At half time I was sat thinking this season has been so frustrating as we know how good this team can actually play.

Simple thing of switching Traore and Neto over made such a difference. Freed up Semedo when going forward, him and Adama make too many similar movements, and Neto is just his brilliant self.

Have to say though that Patricio was superb. It will get overlooked by most because of the attacking changes and the 2 classes goals in the game but he kept us in it at 1-0. He made a few crucial saves at 2-1 and claimed a couple crosses with great confidence.
Spot on re Rui.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Switching Neto and Traore was a master stroke. They were being outnumbered out wide so switching and bringing them narrower suddenly opened the game up for us. Midfield 2 noticeably improved with that too.

Good tactics by Nuno. He’s had plenty of pelters and deservedly so, let’s hope he gets the credit he deserves for this.
Absolutely. They both looked better cutting off the inside foot.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're such a better team on the front foot, which is why this season has been particularly hard to swallow. Sit off teams and let them play how they want suddenly transforms every team into world beaters and allows them to settle into the game. I hate that we do it.

That second half is how you frustrate a team in bad form and win a game. Positive on the ball, always snapping at their heels, pestering them into mistakes. It won us the game and we simply have to carry it forward.

Well done Nuno, we all felt that at the final whistle.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Fortunate penalty? Remember the ones given against us at Burnley last season, and Leicester this season. If they were penalties, so was the one today.
I've endured the lovely Gabby and normally a Wolves fan Shearer with Karen Carney talking **** for 15 minutes now. I don't like the rule, but Bertrand accidentally blocks the cross with an arm away from his body, ie outside his natural profile. Dendocker one hit his arm next to his body. So for me neither should be a pen, but by the laws the first one is and the second one isn't. Gabby then says "it wasn't looked at on then pitch", what does that mean? The ref didn't give it, the VAR didn't give it, they were both correct.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno understandably emotional at the end. One thing we can never accuse him of is not giving 100% to his job. My dad is seriously ill in hospital at the moment and thank you Wolves for making me smile. 30 points feels like a big milestone and should now cast aside any fears of the dreaded drop...

I hope your dad has a full recovery, Andy.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we've taken more points in the first 4 games of this latest 10 game cycle than we did in the previous 10 as a whole.... onwards & upwards!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the issue most have with it is that it shouldn't be. And neither should a bunch of others.

At the very least if it was, Dendoncker's should have been as well.
It hit Dendoncker within shirt sleeve range though. Current rules, that could never be a pen, whereas the one we got *could* have been.
I don’t happen to think it was either, but there was a decision to make. VAR couldn’t possibly give the one on Donk.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 2nd half showed what a waste it is having Neves holding hands with the CB's. It needs to stop now.

Push him.10 yards forward and he bosses the game and becomes a major threat.

Brilliant 2nd half from him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno understandably emotional at the end. One thing we can never accuse him of is not giving 100% to his job. My dad is seriously ill in hospital at the moment and thank you Wolves for making me smile. 30 points feels like a big milestone and should now cast aside any fears of the dreaded drop...
Hope that your old man is better soon.

Back
Top Bottom