Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton verdict

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't believe we turned that around! Neto is really starting to shine - could be hard for Jota to get back in when he's fit - great finish. Still think I'd prefer Bennett at back than Donk, from a 'doing the basics well' point of view. Does Neves' yellow mean he misses Liverpool?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Never write this team off. EVER!

**** first half but turned it round. Difference between the teams we have bagfuls of character Southampton have none.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second time within a month that we have been 2 nil down and come back to win 3-2!!

Got to love this team, got to love this club.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jimenez - 9 Europa League goals, - 10 Premier League goals.

Not bad for a player some had almost written off! :rolleyes:

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
I was out and about when I checked in to see what the score was and look on MM. Goodness me. I thought then there were two ways this would go. We would either capitulate or the team would realise they are better than what they have been showing and come out with a bit of fire in their belly. I was very happy to realise the latter had resulted in a brilliant win! UTW. :)
Has someone one said its a funny old game

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had a six hour train journey down and have another six hour train journey home. I was as sick as a pig at half-time, but there's always hope with this Wolves team.

Ridiculous as it sounds, at half-time, I thought, I bet a doom and gloom thread has been started on the Mix. In fact, I hoped there was one because so often they come back to bite people on the backside. I checked and there was. I made a promise to myself that if we came back I'd post on MM saying NEVER START A HALFTIME THREAD! I was about to do that at 2-2 when we scored our third. So I did it then. It may be petty but honestly, if you have any self-respect, NEVER START A HALFTIME THREAD! A football game is 90 minutes long, never forget that.

Terrible first half, amazing second half. I am about to embark on my return journey a very happy man. Oh, and I captained Raul in fantasy football today. What a day!
Enjoy the trip back mate...and a few well earned beers. I was following from the middle of the Middle of the North Sea.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of you on here should be totally embarrassed by what you were saying at half time . Call yourselves supporters ha
To be fair, anyone moaning or criticising at HT had every justification to do so. Wolves were **** at the back and looked ******ed.

Fans pay their money, invest their time and shred their nerves, they are allowed to moan.

However, I don’t think many will moan tonight.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still need to sort out Doc (out of form) and Donk (that corner he gave away in the 93rd minute). Liverpool is a "free hit" - even with us being at home. I would start with Buur and Kilman.

Seenitallayi

Groupie
Reaction score
At half time I was really p****d off! Now I’m elated. Fantastic result, great effort by the team second half and what a lift it’s given us all.

Lets not though gloss over the fact that our first half performance was absolutely abysmal! Our defending, particularly down our right flank, was abject and we had little threat going forward. Never again should we allow ourselves to get in a position where we can barely put a competitive team out and have nothing in reserve! Will whoever is responsible please sort it, and sharpish!

For now though I’m gonna really enjoy the rest of my weekend. Thank you Wolves.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The old adage is so true: goals change games or, in our case, belief. Great to see Jimmy back in the goals, Traore's assists and Neto get the better of VAR at last!
For once. Momentum had swung at the point. Nuno did what was needed at half time, my own frustration is that we played the 2nd the way we should have played the 1st.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We still need to sort out Doc (out of form) and Donk (that corner he gave away in the 93rd minute). Liverpool is a "free hit" - even with us being at home. I would start with Buur and Kilman.
Same time but play Bennett, they will all want to play Liverpool.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno and his boys are writing the Wolves a new history of hero's. Abject performances by some in the 1st half and 0-2 down against an inform opponent and people on the mix slagging some of the very players that have lifted us to a position in football that was
unimaginable 4 years ago.
Of course the squad needs adding to but what spirit and commitment these boys have proved to us time and again to put Wolverhampton Wanderers back on the map and into the big time. There are some on here that clearly dont know what supporting a team means with their carping at individual players when things get tough.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, anyone moaning or criticising at HT had every justification to do so. Wolves were **** at the back and looked ******ed.

Fans pay their money, invest their time and shred their nerves, they are allowed to moan.

However, I don’t think many will moan tonight.
Criticism of a performance is fine. Slagging off one of our greatest ever managers is just lunacy.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me this game showed that we should forget sticking Neto and Traore out on the flanks, firing in crosses all match to an isolated Jiminez. Best way forward is a front two of Jiminez and Traore, with Neto/Jota in the hole. That also plays to Jota strengths, as he has been struggling with the slightly wider role, before he was injured. We have a talented front 3 - they just need to be closer together in the middle front third of the pitch.

Could not agree more. Some of us have been advocating a quality No.10 for a long time just behind two superb strikers.

Great recovery win but longing for Boly to be back to calm and dominate at the back. Him and Jota returning will be a huge boost - falling behind has become a very bad habit.

Huge congratulations to Neto who seems to be getting better and better. Jota has some real competition now. Just hope that the club can secure three senior signings beyond Campana coming in. These boys need HELP.

Well done Nuno yet again for tactical change at half time. Wolves support also magnificent as usual.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno and his boys are writing the Wolves a new history of hero's. Abject performances by some in the 1st half and 0-2 down against an inform opponent and people on the mix slagging some of the very players that have lifted us to a position in football that was
unimaginable 4 years ago.
Of course the squad needs adding to but what spirit and commitment these boys have proved to us time and again to put Wolverhampton Wanderers back on the map and into the big time. There are some on here that clearly dont know what supporting a team means with their carping at individual players when things get tough.
Well said.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights,and i think we would all be moaning had our winner been theirs
I really dont know how this handball VAR works anymore,but hey ill take it all day long :)

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moving Neto was the key. Far too predictable first half.

To be fair to Neto, he’s really stepped up. MOTM again for me, two in a row.

Doc needs a rest, Dendonker is just too slow.

Great second half. Onwards.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry mate but 1St half was awful and deserved to be moaned at. Which guess what nuno most likely did at ht I'm glad we won but you can't honestly say at ht you sat there and sed we will win I have faith

The first half wasn't that bad. Seen hundreds worse, over the years! Ironically, plenty of teams play worse and been a goal up at half time. We gave them 2 chances due to awful defending, which they took. And we missed a sitter. On play, 1-1 would have not been an unfair reflection. Because Southampton hadn't actually done all that much - we gifted them the goals.

Admitedly, we were not very good at all. But nowhere near the point of panic about sinking down the table, manager blaming, relegation battles etc. Football teams lose matches (well, apart from a lucky very few). And they go 2 goals down at half time. It's part of the game. It doesn't mean the sky is falling in.

Presumably it's this continually letting in the first goal that is getting to supporters. Nobody cares about squad size when you're winning. And despites our results, it does feel like we've spent most of the season so far losing and trying to get back in to the match.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thinking back to when Neto and Jordao were signed, people classed them as make weights , who were being moved from club to club.
With uncle George pocketing a good fee, each time this happened.
Well now all I can say is Thank You uncle George because Neto is proving a very real GEM!!
And with Jordao having been unfortunately sidelined through injury,
We could still be the beneficiaries of yet ANOTHER!!

Wolves ONLY Wolves.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing from the lads.

And I'm going to cheer myself up further by reading through some of the absolute dross that inevitably got posted on the match thread about an hour ago.
When I wrote this I was competely oblivious to the full extent of the aforementioned dross!

Dross doesn't begin to give it justice!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For once. Momentum had swung at the point. Nuno did what was needed at half time, my own frustration is that we played the 2nd the way we should have played the 1st.

This is what we need to take us to the next level, consistency. I think if we had others who could regularly grab goals it will be a great help.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference in the team with Traore playing nearer to Raul and Neto just behind was immense. I'd suggested playing Traore nearer to Raul on the team line up thread as look what happened when we did this at Man City!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'd start with Giles on the left and Jonny on the right. Giles is a better prospect than Buur.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
missed the game today as I was watching my hometown wanderers but I can't wait to see the highlights on MOTD tonight. I love this team, this manager & his staff....****ing awesome!!

D

Deleted member 4152

It’s such a testament to the lads that we are getting through this without Boly. And make no mistake we really miss him. Saiss is doing an awesome job there but it’s the balls into the box when we really miss him.

And I know what ‘some’ will say, but Bennett over Dendoncker for me. I want defenders to defend first and foremost.

D

Deleted member 4152

Well what should be blindingly obvious is we haven't seen a Wolves side with this winning mentality for many a year and class players don't turn into donkey's overnight.That;s 18points from behind.

Neto looks increasingly good at 19 he shows composure and today that composure went a long way in the comeback after he scored. The bench was full of kids and we need to get in another 2/3 players that can come straight in. A striker a midfield option and another defender probably.

Meantime it's great we have kids to stand by and learn, whilst the immense Boly and Jota continue to be missed. Donker and Saiss are very able utilities but we do miss the Boly presence.

A superb comeback in the best spirit of those great Wolves sides of yore. Southampton looked very useful and that only makes the win more impressive.

To those who post kneejerk hysteria I can only assume they don't know a top six side (certainly top ten) if it jumped up and bit em on the ****.

Nuno is less than 3 years in and we still sit 6th in the league after a period of iffy starts and performances. That position doesn't lie. This team can play god awful but still turn things around in the same game. A sign of top class mentality.

Still not been in the PL for two full years yet.
This

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand how we’ve scored 10 or so from corners/set pieces, yet seem incapable of defending them without the great man at the back.

No ball should ever pass that many players for their first goal today, it’s not like it took several deflections. It was just rank bad defending.

Progression for us now, really does start from the back, we’ve got to concede less.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s such a testament to the lads that we are getting through this without Boly. And make no mistake we really miss him. Saiss is doing an awesome job there but it’s the balls into the box when we really miss him.

And I know what ‘some’ will say, but Bennett over Dendoncker for me. I want defenders to defend first and foremost.

Anyone any idea why there was no sign of Bennett today?

W

Wolves in Bucharest

Why do we make it so tough for ourselves against Liverpool? This is the second game against them, where in the previous game against them we went 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2. At least in the previous game we played 10 for the majority of the game. Can we take our unbeaten run in the Premiership to 3 games? UTW.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd start with Giles on the left and Jonny on the right. Giles is a better prospect than Buur.
Not seen him play but happy to try any alternative to Doc. But what I have seen of Buur - I like.

Back
Top Bottom