Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Southampton v Wolves comms. thread.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've derided Costa, but based on that, have to say his presence was much more effective than any of our other forwards. Maybe it is just some players are not suited to this league? But Costa fits right in. Doesn't look sharp, but he made Southampton defence very uncomfortable by throwing his weight about. Caused them problems when before we hadn't. No goal, but a key role in our win.

<EDIT> Theres some mocking of "the big strong man up front" idea - yet today it was what we needed.
Took the pressure off by winning a throw in at the end.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
70 odd minutes on we woke up and started playing. Please can we play for a full 90 mins in the future.

Hmm...deja vu. Isn't this what it was often like during the good times under Nuno? Today was Ashton Gate rerun. And at times last week took me right back to the Nuno peak years. Defend deep..deep..deeper...score from counter attack.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Soton got some decent players, been googling them during the match, but how many ex citeh youngsters have they got, at least 6!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa hasn't got the touch in the area but just by putting himself about he made a huge difference. We're just so lightweight otherwise.

Terrible first half, did really well second half considering other than one error from max.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit like about 5 or 6 others who havent bothered to turn up today so far or at all. We may have ten men but where is the intensity? This is complete and utter crap and one of the reasons why we are in a relegation battle. Too many players who vanish in key games like this.
Lol

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played 60 minutes with 10 men in the toughest league in world football!

Don’t care if it was against the bottom of the table Saints and we struggled!

We were losing 1-0, down to 10 men and up against a ‘Homer’ referee.

Let in sink in Mixers, we overcame all the odds and won 2 f****** 1!

Superb win. Just superb.

Rowzed

Reaction score
I doubt if he consciously thought "best get away from the fans".

He excitedly and randomly done so, is all.
He might have thought the noisy stand would have been home fans, he was in green and Flamengo play in red
needs to realise our fans are noisier away from home than at home

they don’t have away sections like that in Brazil

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not forget Sa in all this. Made the save that kept us in the game when it looked odds on that we’d go 2-0 down after Max’s howler.
Seems like he took the signing of a keeper to heart.

He's always going to have a wild side, but as long as he's not giving the ball away stupidly, this is his team.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can a Leicester win be good for wolves.if Leicester had lost they would be on 21 points wolves on 23.No way anyone wanted a Leicester win apart from yow.

Because neither of us are going down so what Leicester do is a complete and utter irrelevance.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
70 odd minutes on we woke up and started playing. Please can we play for a full 90 mins in the future.

That is not our game plan. Our plan away from home is to keep the opposition quiet and then try and win the game in the last 20 mins.
No team can play on the offensive for the full 90 mins.
that that was definitely the plan today after going down to 10 men, stay in the game don't try to do too much then on 70 mins we switched it up, a bit lucky with the way the first goal went in, but were were on the front foot and applying the pressure, then much the stronger team till the end. Can't play 65 minute plus on the front foot with 10 men

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems like he took the signing of a keeper to heart.

He's always going to have a wild side, but as long as he's not giving the ball away stupidly, this is his team.
All the best keepers do. He is our Bruce Grobelaar.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yam talking out ya rear end pal

I can tell you for free that neither us nor Leicester are going down. Do yourself a favour and enjoy the next 16 games where we need less than a point a game rather than stressing over teams we have zero control over.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can tell you for free that neither us nor Leicester are going down. Do yourself a favour and enjoy the next 16 games where we need less than a point a game rather than stressing over teams we have zero control over.
Ya just don’t understand

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy you enjoyed that. It was true at the time I said it but you go ahead and get your little dig in. You do it a lot so it clearly gives you a thrill. Delighted we won by the way but at the time I made the point we had 5 or six who hadn’t turned up and I wasn’t the only one pointing this out. If you want to though I will go through your posts about Fulham at the start of this season or Brentford the season before and put a big fat lol next to them if you want me to be petty as well.

Back
Top Bottom