Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SoS

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Save our season!

Right. You've just been appointed Wolves manager and have 4 games to go to save our season. The squad is decimated by injuries, we have a defense conceding goals for fun, we have no potency in attack and the less said about our midfield the better.

Hull City (H)
Charlton (A)
Burnley (H)
Brighton (A)

The way results are going - realistically we need 9 points to survive. A - Where are they coming from and B - How are we going to get them?

Personally I think our next 3 games are winnable, but I can't see us getting anything from Brighton.

So for me, I'd go 4231 and try and keep things tight. Something along the lines of:

---------------- DDV
Doherty - Johnson - Batth - Robinson
----------- Henry - Doumbia
Hammill ----- Sigurdarson ----- Hunt
---------------- Doyle

Henry and Doumbia are in there by default, but they can both sit in front of our defense and hopefully keep the goals conceded to a minimum. I'm personally of the opinion that they're both $$$$e, so their job would be to break up the play and give the ball to someone who can do something with it...

Hammill, Sig and Hunt can all make things happen on their day, the two fullbacks can provide good support too and we just have to hope that Doyle can notch a few goals.

What would you do?

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I wish Dean would pick this formation.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eve when we play supposed defensive minded players we concede, and as they add nothing in attack at this stage in the season Henry should not be playing. Unfortunately our injuries virtually guarantee him a start, but, I would rather go for Foley/Hunt/Margreitter in the centre of midfield....or you know what, even Eggert. I am so disenchanted with most of the current squad, as most fans are, yet the same old names still crop up. I firmly think most fans would understand if he put most of the development squad on the pitch, with a few who seem to car like Hunt, the fullbacks, Siggy and Doyle.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all that you said I'd genuinely go with;

---------------- DDV
Doherty - Batth - Elokobi - Robinson
----------- Margreitter - Doumbia/Price
Hammill ----- Sigurdarson ----- Hunt
---------------- Doyle

I don't want to see Henry, Johnson or JOH anywhere near the start XI again.

Christ I'd even take Eggert Jonsson ahead of those waste of spaces.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think Big George is back fit yet..

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I'd recall Peszko. Not because I think he is particularly great but because he is the best player we have in that particular position at the moment. I'd also do the same with Berra for the same reason. I'd play Sigurdarson just behind Doyle with Henry and Doumbia (almost by default) in midfield.

De Vries
Foley, Batth, Berra, Robinson
Henry, Doumbia
Peszko, Sigurdarson, Hunt
Doyle

Subs: McCarey, Doherty, Margreitter, Hammill, Ward, Dicko, McAlinden

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's too late now, we have to pick up 8 points from the next 4 games to stand a chance and we have no chance of doing that.

I'd go 433, all out attack. May as well try and score a few goals on the way down.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Save our season!

Right. You've just been appointed Wolves manager and have 4 games to go to save our season. The squad is decimated by injuries, we have a defense conceding goals for fun, we have no potency in attack and the less said about our midfield the better.

What would you do?

I would avoid Molineux, all radio,TV and World Wide Web during matches. At Full-Time I would check the score and spend 6.4 minutes carrying out the now obligatory combination of tutting, swearing and questioning whether our players have fathers.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

F

FLEET WOLF

It's too late now, we have to pick up 8 points from the next 4 games to stand a chance and we have no chance of doing that.

I'd go 433, all out attack. May as well try and score a few goals on the way down.

I agree-we might as well give this lad Price a game now, at least he and others like him might have a point to prove.

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hasn't Margreitter played in midfield at some point.

I would play him in the defensive mid role. Perhaps he will have the determination, well more than we have at present.

D

Deleted member 4099

We've got to play with two proper wingers because we've no creativity in the middle. He's not going to play Preszko so it's got to be Hammil and Hunt. Whether is 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 .

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
---------------- DDV

Doherty - Batth - Johnson - Robinson

-------------Margreitter

Pez---------- Doumbia ---------Hunt

------- Sigurdarson-- Doyle

playing high tempo attacking football. no cowardly sitting back on a one goal lead or playing to not lose.

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
---------------- DDV

Doherty - Batth - Johnson - Robinson

-------------Margreitter

Pez---------- Doumbia ---------Hunt

------- Sigurdarson-- Doyle

playing high tempo attacking football. no cowardly sitting back on a one goal lead or playing to not lose.

Like the look of that BOD. But we all know Pez won't get a game and Henry will.

F

FLEET WOLF

Hasn't Margreitter played in midfield at some point.

I would play him in the defensive mid role. Perhaps he will have the determination, well more than we have at present.

It's so long since he has played now, it would take him 6 matches to get match fit, or rather, as it is us, more like 12 matches and he would pick up an injury in the first 2, keeping him out for the remainder of the season.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
De Vries

Doherty
Batth
Margreitter/Johnson
Robinson

Doumbia
Price/Evans

Hammill
Sigurdarson
Dicko

Doyle

I would play 4-2-3-1, as it would give us enough flexibility to attack and defend dependant on the situation. Obviously, if Hennessey/Ikeme/Sako/Ebanks-Blake/Davis/Boukari were available, some of those guys would be in the team.

I'd go with Hammill and Dicko out wide, just purely on pace, because we don't have the players currently to build sustained attacks, our best football in recent weeks has come on counter attacks, and Hammill and Dicko would complement that.

I'd give Batth or Sigurdarson the captaincy, I don't think Doyle needs the responsibility, I'd tell him to focus on scoring goals.

I would ask Morgan/Moxey to reduce walk up prices for the Hull/Burnley games, to try and fill the stadium, and make it as intimidating as possible.

I would ban all players from talking to the media, and keep them off twitter until after the Brighton game.

I would ask all of the players not involved to travel with the squad anyway, to try and keep a togetherness, and remove the factions which are ruining the dressing room.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Put the statue of Billy Wright in central defence and hastily commission a new one of Jody Craddock to play alongside it.

2. Play Peszko.

3. Commission a statue of Jody Craddock scoring that volley against Bradford and play it in midfield.

4. Play Peszko.

5. Commission a statue of Jody Craddock scoring that other volley against Southend and play it up front.

6. Play Peszko.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For starters I'd send Henry & Gorkss on 'Gardeners Leave'.

Team wise I'd go.

------------DDV----------------
----------------------------------
Doherty--Johnson--Batth--Robinson
Hammill--Kit Man--The Cleaner--Hunt
-------Bjorn----Doyle------------

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd get the team to take a brown paper bag stuffed full of cash onto the field and make them give it the opposition.

P

PeteWolf

I'd use my new found status to slip past security, head up to their offices and assassinate Moxey and Morgan, plant a no. 8 shirt on the crime scene and slip away quietly into the night.

sjonnie

Reaction score
I'd use my new found status to slip past security, head up to their offices and assassinate Moxey and Morgan, plant a no. 8 shirt on the crime scene and slip away quietly into the night.

Haha - brilliant!

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Chew my fingernails, cross my legs really hard, and rock back and forth until we're safe / not safe.

But, you know, if enough other results DO go our way, three points would be enough, nay?...

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All those saying "pick Pez" - he hasn't played a competitive game for so long that he's unlikely to be fully match fit so he's unlikely to be the saviour we (you) want him to be. Catch 22 really.

L

luckyjim

It's time for the molineux scientists to unleash "project egg".

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
All those saying "pick Pez" - he hasn't played a competitive game for so long that he's unlikely to be fully match fit so he's unlikely to be the saviour we (you) want him to be. Catch 22 really.

nor have any of the other viable options in that position in that siggy should be up top.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being able to pick Ohara for me is a blessing in disguise, maybe we will now by default have a midfield that can get about the pitch and not look as thin as a string vest, not sure who is left standing to pick though

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd do the following:

Watch Any Given Sunday. Memorise inspirational bits. Use Pre-match.
Appoint John De Wolf assistant manager.
Sack the compere. Appoint a mate of mine. Provide playlist which features emotional warbles like 'Because of You' by Kelly Clarkson. Then let loose 'Simply the Best' for the ballboys, the liquidator and 'The wonder of you'
Wear a 3 piece Hugo boss suit. A formal handshake for the opposing managers none of this 'look at me I'm his mate' crap Saunders does every game
Talk at length with Elokobi and the role Big George can play in the dressing room
Drop Johnson, O'Hara and Henry. Freeze out Doumbia. Recall Pesczo, utilise Hammill.

N

nobull

Ohara was not interested in working for the cause. He was only prepared to give us this season and didnt want to run around for the cause. He was not interested in Championship football as it is to tough for him.

What a waste of money!

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
cue the egg emerging from the tunnel in a cloud of smoke and rocky music, lol

F

FLEET WOLF

For starters I'd send Henry & Gorkss on 'Gardeners Leave'.

Team wise I'd go.

------------DDV----------------
Doherty--Johnson--Batth--Robinson
Hammill--Kit Man--The Cleaner--Hunt
-------Bjorn----Doyle------------

That midfield looks a bit weak, with the likes of Hunt and Hammill in it!

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's so long since he has played now, it would take him 6 matches to get match fit, or rather, as it is us, more like 12 matches and he would pick up an injury in the first 2, keeping him out for the remainder of the season.

Surprising he hasn't played in the u21's recently to keep his fitness up just in case we picked up injuries/suspensions,same as pez(this isn't hindsight by the way,saying it for ages),i can only take it he must still have injury issues,unless it's another stupid decision by our masters.

For me it should be 4-2-3-1,mentioned it on a few threads during the season,but won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom