Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Solbakken hits back at Henry

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems Stale has been on Norwegian TV talking about Henry's recent comments about the new boss etc etc and thanks to someone on Facebook what he says translates as:

"Typical of a captain who's the wrong side of 30 and tries to connect with a new manager and keep the armband. He talked the same way about myself and Connor. I´ve nothing bad to say about him, he´s the archetypical British footballer and gives 100% However, to say that he´s not a representative of modern football would be putting it mildly."

Sounds fair to me. Thoughts...

Link: http://www.vgtv.no/

17miles

Reaction score
I've always been a suppporter of Karl Henry but I really don't like some of the things I'm hearing about his behaviour over the last 12 months.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems Stale has been on Norwegian TV talking about Henry's recent comments about the new boss etc etc and thanks to someone on Facebook what he says translates as:

"Typical of a captain who's the wrong side of 30 and tries to connect with a new manager and keep the armband. He talked the same way about myself and Connor. I´ve nothing bad to say about him, he´s the archetypical British footballer and gives 100% However, to say that he´s not a representative of modern football would be putting it mildly."

Sounds fair to me. Thoughts...

Link: http://www.vgtv.no/

I'm no great fan of Henry but SS kept picking him - looks like they deserved each other and Wolves will be better off without either of them!

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What have Henry said ?

I can't be bothered to take notice of any crap our club come out with at the moment.

D

Deleted member 3518

I'm no great fan of Henry but SS kept picking him - looks like they deserved each other and Wolves will be better off without either of them!

At least 50% right, not sure about SS but definite on the other half of the equation!!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stale seems too much of a gentleman. Fair play to him for not having a pop now, but if he had torn a strip off a few of the little darlings 6 months ago, perhaps we may not be in this state.... Too laid back? Giving too much leeway ?

W

WasStefan

Stale seems too much of a gentleman. Fair play to him for not having a pop now, but if he had torn a strip off a few of the little darlings 6 months ago, perhaps we may not be in this state.... Too laid back? Giving too much leeway ?

As the saying goes, nice guys finish last

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what the majority of our side is - a bunch of brown nosers. Now that MM has gone, the process of replacing them is painstakingly slow because nobody wants footballers with $$$$ all ability but 100% effort.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Even as one of the most pro-Stale guys you'll ever meet, I have to admit that I think this is where he went wrong. He should have (at the very least) given the players a very public criticism and dressing down after the Peterborough, Ipswich and Luton games. From what I remember, he was protective of them in the media and allowed the media spotlight to settle on him, rather than apportion blame elsewhere.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thought they might behave like professional sportsmen?

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what the majority of our side is - a bunch of brown nosers. Now that MM has gone, the process of replacing them is painstakingly slow because nobody wants footballers with $$$$ all ability but 100% effort.

and when they've got $$$$ all ability and give well below 100% effort?

relegation fodder for the Chumpionship

D

Dewsburywolf

Even as one of the most pro-Stale guys you'll ever meet, I have to admit that I think this is where he went wrong. He should have (at the very least) given the players a very public criticism and dressing down after the Peterborough, Ipswich and Luton games. From what I remember, he was protective of them in the media and allowed the media spotlight to settle on him, rather than apportion blame elsewhere.

To be fair to him he didn`t really get the opportunity after the Luton game

K

kal1000

In the Daily Mail, Henry declared Saunders as probably the best manager he has worked for in relation to hard work, getting in opposition faces etc...

He made this comment only three weeks after Saunders was appointed.

Considering for the best part of ten years, he has either been managed by Tony Pulis or Mick McCarthy, it was a strange comment to make, then again Pulis and McCarthy don't manage Wolves....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...re-midfielder-England-Steven-Gerrard-all.html

Last edited by a moderator:

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus Stale, if he was that bad why did you a) have him as your captain and b) pick him week in week out.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the Daily Mail, Henry declared Saunders as probably the best manager he has worked for in relation to hard work, getting in opposition faces etc...

He made this comment only three weeks after Saunders was appointed.

Considering for the best part of ten years, he has either been managed by Tony Pulis or Mick McCarthy, it was a strange comment to make, then again Pulis and McCarthy don't manage Wolves....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...re-midfielder-England-Steven-Gerrard-all.html

Wow that's not a new column by any means but some of those quotes are pretty crass and telling

"Having said that, I think the appointment of Dean Saunders will take us back to what we were - an honest, hard-working team. // To me, it's been music to my ears. We are only going to go one way with him as manager."

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus Stale, if he was that bad why did you a) have him as your captain and b) pick him week in week out.

Quite agree - should have given Foley, Berra, Ward, henry and doyle a public dressing down, thrown them out of the team and put our kids in. If we had been told what was going on in the background I'm sure the fans would have supported him and given the kids some time. They wouldn't have been any worse than what we got.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow that's not a new column by any means but some of those quotes are pretty crass and telling

"Having said that, I think the appointment of Dean Saunders will take us back to what we were - an honest, hard-working team. // To me, it's been music to my ears. We are only going to go one way with him as manager."

Telling because that's the only way most of them can play. Henry is one of the most limited one dimensional footballers ive ever seen and he would get slated on here if he wasn't a local lad.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Oh Stale, you really do come across as a likeable, honest and articulate guy. Why couldn't you have been any good for us as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4023

Stale was too trusting with the vipers he inherited. They've not just taken the managers for a ride, but our chairman and us the fans. I hope we stay up & we can clear all the deadwood & poison out of our club.

M

Mugwump

I am very wary of reading things translated. A couple of wrong words can change the whole context of the a article.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stale was too trusting with the vipers he inherited. They've not just taken the managers for a ride, but our chairman and us the fans. I hope we stay up & we can clear all the deadwood & poison out of our club.

Won't happen mate. Henry's already brown nosing Saunders. Hunt and Edwards are being put in ahead of a natural right winger because they 'trained well' Doyle couldn't score in a brothel yet still starts.Foley despite being gash is picked over Pezsko. The players to be moved on will be Stales.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want Stale back here when we get in the Prem and Saunders goes to a bigger club.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won't happen mate. Henry's already brown nosing Saunders. Hunt and Edwards are being put in ahead of a natural right winger because they 'trained well' Doyle couldn't score in a brothel yet still starts.Foley despite being gash is picked over Pezsko. The players to be moved on will be Stales.

Because they are more desireable commodities, will be easier to shift on and will go for decent money.

Leaving us, as always, with the Boomtown *wats and whatever Dean can rustle up with Morgan's loose change.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Agree with everything Stale has said about Henry, if only he'd have said it when he was manager!

For me, Henry's feet are so far under the Wolves table he's virtually slouching in his chair. He's never been anything more than a decent footballer, he worked well for us when he had better players alongside him (Jones, Milijas, O'Hara to an extent), but to be honest, I think David Davis has shown more footballing intelligence and techincal ability this season than Henry ever has.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Telling because that's the only way most of them can play. Henry is one of the most limited one dimensional footballers ive ever seen and he would get slated on here if he wasn't a local lad.

Spot on. Seems like the group realising Henry is $$$$ is growing fast though.

B

Bankswolf II

Its common knowledge that players caused Connor failure and its common knowledge that they caused Solbakken sacking and its finely nice to put faces to whispers for a start we all thought it was Johnson who was the trouble maker but could it be mr captain Karl Henry leading the team out on sky cameras every week maybe got ideas that he was a god, could it be Karl Henry who continued a highly published war of words with Barton perhaps upon losing the captaincy because hes a crock of $$$$ caused player unrest that was responsible for our downfall

The same Henry who Solbakken saw right through along with several others so took a leaf out of Lampards book (And they wonder why Chelsea want rid) and stopped playing for him

Love the club
$$$$ the team

A

andyc225

Its common knowledge that players caused Connor failure and its common knowledge that they caused Solbakken sacking and its finely nice to put faces to whispers for a start we all thought it was Johnson who was the trouble maker but could it be mr captain Karl Henry leading the team out on sky cameras every week maybe got ideas that he was a god, could it be Karl Henry who continued a highly published war of words with Barton perhaps upon losing the captaincy because hes a crock of $$$$ caused player unrest that was responsible for our downfall

The same Henry who Solbakken saw right through along with several others so took a leaf out of Lampards book (And they wonder why Chelsea want rid) and stopped playing for him

Love the club
$$$$ the team

+1

Don't worry. Someone will be along to dismiss this in a little while.

Back
Top Bottom