Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So... Who's renewing?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club treat fans like customers so I've got no issues with anyone who decides that the quality of the 'product' on the pitch has diminished and doesn't renew. Particularly if the prices go up AGAIN.
Trouble is realistically all clubs treat fans like customers.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club treat fans like customers so I've got no issues with anyone who decides that the quality of the 'product' on the pitch has diminished and doesn't renew. Particularly if the prices go up AGAIN.
Yup, they can't treat you as a customer when it suits and expect fan loyalty when they want it.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting prices up last season was tone deaf. Putting them up this season would really test loyalty. I'm thankfully not in a position where l have to worry about paying the bills if l buy a ST. I am conscious though that many may well be in current times. The ST waiting list is deceptive too as many of those on it are in the same boat.
Agreed. I thought it was really classless. I am vociferous about this being the best time to support Wolves in my lifetime (by a mile) and that the people calling the owners clowns etc are tone deaf. But the decision to significantly rise prices during a pandemic really disappointed me. I felt it was unnecessary and predicated upon a fallacy of becoming 'more competitive'.

That would have flown in 1975, when gate receipts were everything, but they're such an inconsequential part of football now that I consider any team trying to get ever last sheckel out of the fans to be at last some part morally bankrupt.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All depends on how much the price rise is. If it's a substantial increase, I can't see myself renewing- certainly based upon the enjoyment of this season.
VFM? This season? Hahaha

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely - I do think the club have misjudged it more than most since COVID though and it has contributed to a loss of goodwill. That sense of everyone pulling in the same direction has disappeared.
That’s potentially skewed by a awful run of form. Had we won the last 3 games I’d imagine everyone involved including fans, players and management would be a lot happier. It will (rightly so) leave a bitter taste in most peoples mouths if we finish 8th, we lose Neves and see a ticket price increase.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky enough to be able to afford to renew, and will do so.

Just a supporter, like many on here, who has seen A LOT worse than this.

Training on the car park, anyone?

Of course I could decide to renew Sky, buy a red (or blue) shirt, watch "good" teams win nearly all their games, and change my ageing flesh to plastic. Or maybe not.

I can see why you‘re called Supadave..

That's something Jeff Shi will never do to me.

(The missus removed them years ago)

Steriledave.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely - I do think the club have misjudged it more than most since COVID though and it has contributed to a loss of goodwill. That sense of everyone pulling in the same direction has disappeared.
Yep, they've ****ed this up all by themselves.

They think it's only £100 extra or whatever but as you say it changes the dynamics of the club/fan relationship massively.

All for what? An extra £2-3m for a club that receives over £100m a year in TV rights.

It's very hard to undo what they did in terms of recovering the relationship (especially when they don't plan to spend)

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted with the current majority ('honestly can't decide').

For me (like many others) there are factors outside the quality of football that impact my decision - I have a 4 hour round trip for home games so if you factor in my fuel cost then my ST price is doubled and some (that's a personal choice - I'm not complaining).

But after that gutless performance on Saturday coupled with little to no formal statements coming out from Wolves owners about future direction or ambition, I'm at a point whereby I think my hard-earned money can be spent better elsewhere.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vast majority will renew no matter what
We are still mid table as far as ST prices go,not super expensive,but realise some may be having to rationalise their spending with the current financial climate
Results and performances recently may jar on many but will be forgotten with one good game,whenever that may be
Those that dont renew will be replaced from the thousands waiting so no impact on the club whatsoever
They do need to get their house in order on many fronts, as this last year or so they have failed miserably in many areas on and off the pitch
We have seen far far worse though over the years and still we turn up,so i see no reason for that to change anytime soon,Wolves Ay We !!!

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will be.

I split it with a younger brother last year and truth told he's got more appetite for it than me at the moment but I've had my seat years now and won't be giving it up.

Great times to be a Wolves fan and will be interesting to see what unfolds this summer.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm on the fence. We'll see what the price is.

If this was like the McCarthy era when half season tickets were available in the Premiership, I wouldn't renew.

I'd let my seat go this summer to see how they invest. No investment from the board, I'd just walk away. If they invested I'd get a half at Xmas.

Haven't got the luxury of that any more.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will undoubtedly renew both mine and my daughter's memberships, she'd never forgive me if I didn't! Lol....I will however likely refrain from taking up a season ticket, if offered one.
The club/fan relationship feels rather fractured to me these days, I love matchdays but they definitely haven't felt the same this season and not just due to performances and results. It all feels a little flat and stale. I'd find it difficult to invest heavily financially in relation to a season ticket, if our owners aren't likely to do likewise and invest themselves!

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Suffered enough. I'm out" is very dramatic considering many of us were there through the Championship wilderness years. Where is the no longer affordable option?

T

TheConcourse

It’s not about where we finish for me. 8th, 9th, 14th. I’m more interested about what we’re building, the performances and the progress.

All we’ve done is seen the quality of football regress in the last couple of years.

Whatever identity we had we’ve lost. They need to recapture it or redefine it. That starts with a very intentional plan ahead of renewal for me. Then action.

Football is a world away from what it was - personal circumstances (kids) impacted normal; the pandemic created a shift in personal behaviour and where/how I choose to spend my time. Wolves have been playing like a lower league club in the cup coincided with all of this - it’s just not that exciting.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Will see on the prices. If it goes up too much then I’m out.
That's a shame Jade, but I can see where a lot of people are coming from, I'm lucky enough to be able to afford whatever they ask, and I will pay it ( idiot perhaps) , I love my footie, I don't spend much at all on myself ( don't smoke, never buy expensive clothes/handbags/shoes, only av me hair cut twice a year, don't spend much in pubs, ) so footie & my holidays is where I spend my money, If they have any sense they will freeze prices, but I'm not holding my breath

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will see on the prices. If it goes up too much then I’m out.
I've always said if they charge more than £630 in the South Bank I'd pack it in.

That works out at £35 a game - steep considering the facilities on offer.

But I'd probably pay £700 if high quality signings were coming in and we were back on Europe.

Just want to see the manager getting the signings and backing he wants.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A season ticket is a big commitment in time and cost, even more if you have a distance to travel. The excitement has largely gone from the games at the moment, performances are poor and the players cannot be bothered. Consequently when considering whether to buy a season ticket or buy something else performances will be taken into account. Our experience now is like those years we stagnated in the Championship, particularly under Hoddle or Jacketts last season, dull and boring. We’ve not had a single match to look back on to sell next season, such as Man City, coming from 2 down or Man U in Cup (or league).

So I understand why some will give up their season tickets. I’ll probably think about it but know I’ll renew. I expect prices to go up but please don’t tell me it’s to get a better brand of football, I want Wolves to compete and show effort. This year has been tedious.

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am amazed no-one yet has mentioned the farce of VAR and the near corruption-bias in favour of the Greedy Six.

THAT is what is making me seriously throw in the towel after 30 years of being a STH.

I hate the way professional football has gone / is headed.

Oh, and the last two seasons have been abysmal.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our cheapest season tickets are already a lot higher than many other clubs, we’re not in London/South and we’re not in the Champions League either.

Looking at that table it's hard to justify our prices!!!

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Fosun need to be very careful. The reason Man City are in the mess they are ticket wise is pricing their traditional fans out of coming so quickly and depending on a fickle fan base. They're given the best team in the world and those "johnny come lately" supporters produce neither atmosphere or commitment. All the new season ticket holders around us in the SB just sell their tickets most weeks (and sometimes dont bother) so you're often surrounded by people whove hardly ever been to a game. Is that the direction we want to go?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
That's a shame Jade, but I can see where a lot of people are coming from, I'm lucky enough to be able to afford whatever they ask, and I will pay it ( idiot perhaps) , I love my footie, I don't spend much at all on myself ( don't smoke, never buy expensive clothes/handbags/shoes, only av me hair cut twice a year, don't spend much in pubs, ) so footie & my holidays is where I spend my money, If they have any sense they will freeze prices, but I'm not holding my breath
Yeah don’t get me wrong I’d love to renew and it’s nothing to do with performances, but things have got a lot more expensive. I’ve got a figure in my head for me to say “sorry but that’s just too much”.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah don’t get me wrong I’d love to renew and it’s nothing to do with performances, but things have got a lot more expensive. I’ve got a figure in my head for me to say “sorry but that’s just too much”.
Don’t you have an away season ticket too? Surely you could just give that up?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except customers have rights (like if the product isn't fit for purpose you can take it back!)

Clubs want it both ways: put up prices based on inelastic demand (limited supply; lots of demand) and then not provide the 'customer' with the product that goes with it (moved kick off times; dodgy interventions by regulators (referees) and no return on investment).

It's not just Wolves of course, but in any other business, this kind of approach would make Amway look like the bastion of moral integrity.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks this season is the worst TV, obviously ain’t been going long! Last season was worse!

2 renewals here, Wolves aye we

Just hope there are some new songs around the corner to lift the atmosphere

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I shall shortly renew my Membership, as I support this club through thick and thin, and knowing people didn't give us a cat in hells chance in being IN CONTENTION for Europe once the 1st ball was kicked, I would have SNPPAED YOUR HAND OFF for at least 8th place!

Really hope you're not suggesting that people who don't renew aren't supporting the club?

Financial implications for a lot of people make this such a difficult decision.

Wouldn't have pegged you as one of those but the post (and maybe how I'm taking it) is a bit "superfan" esc.

I think as @JadeWolf has said. I've got a figure in mind where I just know I can't justify it.

Genuinely hope the club see that increasing them, at this time, is really going to be a tipping point for some.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From someone who crossed that bridge 3 seasons ago, I don't miss having the ticket at all, don't miss the journey, but do miss having a craic with the lads and the people that come with it. That's what made it at the end of the day. If I was offered a ticket now, I'd refuse.

If you don't enjoy it, don't do it, plenty of more important things in life.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks this season is the worst TV, obviously ain’t been going long! Last season was worse!

I'll put my hand up and admit there we are couple of games near the end of Nuno's tenure, one being Burnley at home which I didn't watch last season.

I just couldn't stand it.

R

reanswolf

Yes but remember Wolves were just about only club to increase prices on the back of a pandemic, unless you can find me others.
They said "trust us" which i admit could mean different things, but it implies the extra expense would have been rewarded with at least strengthening rather than just replacing. People hate being miss-led even if you can't directly prove it. Moxey was a **** and I am not sure that some of those in charge are much better. Ive always liked Jeff Shi, but the last few seasons speak for themselves, the club have literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I will undoubtedly renew even tho I will be furious if they increase prices. In fact I want them reduced.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well if new songs are about any new signings,let's hope we dow sign these two.

Lazaros christodoulopoulos.
OR.
Sokratis Papastalthopoulos.

Especially after a skinful. :tonguewink:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From someone who crossed that bridge 3 seasons ago, I don't miss having the ticket at all, don't miss the journey, but do miss having a craic with the lads and the people that come with it. That's what made it at the end of the day. If I was offered a ticket now, I'd refuse.

If you don't enjoy it, don't do it, plenty of more important things in life.
That last paragraph is the key. I always find it utterly bizarre people who seem to genuinely dislike it and still carry on. In the 30 plus years I’ve had mine the only time I’ve genuinely thought of packing in was the Hoddle season. That summer me and the three mates I go with all left it to the last minute to renew (looking back I think had one decided not to renew we’d all have packed it in). For me it’s not just the 90 minutes on the pitch but the social side of it as well. Right now I think the only thing that would stop me would be a ground move out of town to some trading estate.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but remember Wolves were just about only club to increase prices on the back of a pandemic, unless you can find me others.
They said "trust us" which i admit could mean different things, but it implies the extra expense would have been rewarded with at least strengthening rather than just replacing. People hate being miss-led even if you can't directly prove it. Moxey was a **** and I am not sure that some of those in charge are much better. Ive always liked Jeff Shi, but the last few seasons speak for themselves, the club have literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I will undoubtedly renew even tho I will be furious if they increase prices. In fact I want them reduced.
We’ve done our best to throw this season away, of that I don’t think anyone would argue. I suppose the cliche is if we finished 8th that surpasses what most expected this season.

Maybe I’m the eternal optimist (or I’ve brought into the propaganda depending how full the glass is) but I never thought it would be an easy journey transitioning into a top 6 team, plenty have and are trying to do that without being able to.

R

reanswolf

We’ve done our best to throw this season away, of that I don’t think anyone would argue. I suppose the cliche is if we finished 8th that surpasses what most expected this season.

Maybe I’m the eternal optimist (or I’ve brought into the propaganda depending how full the glass is) but I never thought it would be an easy journey transitioning into a top 6 team, plenty have and are trying to do that without being able to.
I agree, its very hard for a club with our resource. But they are biting off the hand that feeds them.

Back
Top Bottom