Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So... Who's renewing?

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think Fosun will increase ticket prices, they already did it last summer
When most other clubs didn't. I expect the reverse this time.
On renewal of ST, I have no problem, but it will depend on my son aged 30 who still lives with me and is saving to try and get on the property ladder. We both have attended molineux for many years.
I will not go without him,so should he choose not to renew then that's me done. We would apply for match tickets on availability.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to go quite regularly for work but think I’ll drive from now on. An obvious ball ache but the airports are trash currently and train is slower than driving.
Yeah, I've got a ticket offer for Liverpool last game of the season, checked the ticket prices and it's just under £100 to get there from London. Add on the tube fairs, ticket, food and drink and it's around £150+ day.

Prices have just gone bonkers considering I was up and down the country when we were in League One and working a dead end job and never felt the pinch.

Reaction score
Not intending to upset anyone but - we have had 4 or 5 seasons of some great football after decades of mediocrity. I find it odd that, arguably, the first challenging times we are experiencing in several years some are talking about bailing. I guess this demonstrates the transient nature of football fans and probably consolidates the clubs reasons why the stadium wont be expanded.
The cost of Everything has risen, that will be the deciding factor for most people as well it should be.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Renewing our memberships and if the offer of a ST comes our way then we'll take it.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a ticket offer for Liverpool last game of the season, checked the ticket prices and it's just under £100 to get there from London. Add on the tube fairs, ticket, food and drink and it's around £150+ day.

Prices have just gone bonkers considering I was up and down the country when we were in League One and working a dead end job and never felt the pinch.
Totally agree, i used to travel by train to virtually every game when I lived in London and the train cost just wasn’t a consideration as you could get very cheap return fares on Saturday’s and even upgrade to 1st clad for £5/10 if you were feeling flush.

As I type this I see that interest rates have gone up again which will hit people’s pockets further (Mortgages and loans) and mean that a season ticket will have to come out of an ever diminishing pot of ‘non-essential’ cash people have. I don’t blame Wolves for this by the way as they are subject to the same inflationary pressures as the rest of us.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Villa prices have been released today.

Cheapest ticket has increased from £370 to £531.

Best seat in the house £752.

Holte End price ranges from £677 to £531 - Adults.
Did Villa take money during the COVID season? I know many clubs did but Wolves didn’t.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Villa prices have been released today.

Cheapest ticket has increased from £370 to £531.

Best seat in the house £752.

Holte End price ranges from £677 to £531 - Adults.
Seem to have aligned to our increased prices from last year.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After 32 years (31 in the same seat) it’s time for me to hand it over to somebody else.

Wolverhampton Wanderers have been a lifelong love affair for me. They were my first love, long before I knew anything about women (my wife would probably say I still don’t!).

Living in deepest darkest Cheshire it took effort to support Wolves, I didn’t have the internet or local papers to keep me in the loop. It was a challenge, a badge of honour to tell people who I supported.

For the first 22 years it was me and my Dad. It was our time together. Cheering, shouting, tutting our way through season after season. Listening to Radio 5 Sports Extra on the way home, dissecting the game and turning the volume down on the radio when the scores were read out if we’d lost.

We didn’t go to games for the entertainment, ****ing hell we watched John Paskin, Darren Simkin, Dennis Pierce, Paul Jones in the first few years so we’d be daft to expect it!

I must admit I had a wobble 10 years ago when he died. It coincided with those two awful seasons when our players couldn’t get enough of the taste of sweet sweet relegation. I stuck with it though and my brother took over my Dad’s seat. We watched the revolution and we’re lucky enough to see the best players I’ve ever seen play for Wolves.

I’ve struggled with depression over the past few years, I thought I could manage it myself (did I mention I was also delusional!). Going to the game always made me feel better (well apart from Wembley), it was the routine. It’s all I’ve know since I was 10.

The enforced absence thanks to the little talked about Covid outbreak broke the routine. I spent more time with my kids (they were 4 and 6 then), I enjoyed it, they’re great little people. The break allowed me to reassess what’s important to me and also to go and see a doctor and get the help I needed.

My brother gave up his ticket post Covid but I missed it and renewed anyway. So for the past season it’s been me on my own traipsing down the motorway or sitting on a train. It’s not the same.

The cost has been mentioned by many people already and that is an understandable factor but I’ve been prepared to sacrifice the money and the time before so it’s not the deciding factor. To be honest though the thousands of pounds I spend each year watching Wolves could be used elsewhere!

The fact is I just don’t love football like I used to. I get emotional about it still but that emotion isn’t joy. The Mix is no longer the first thing I look at in the morning, I barely post anything anymore. I don’t tune into Sky/BT to watch every single game. I know I don’t ‘need’ it.

So to whoever takes over my seat, look after it for me.
Great post and can empathise in so may ways, alway enjoy your posts, join us idiots for a pre-game drink if you feel like going to a game, but primarily enjoy your kids.

R

reanswolf

After 32 years (31 in the same seat) it’s time for me to hand it over to somebody else.

Wolverhampton Wanderers have been a lifelong love affair for me. They were my first love, long before I knew anything about women (my wife would probably say I still don’t!).

Living in deepest darkest Cheshire it took effort to support Wolves, I didn’t have the internet or local papers to keep me in the loop. It was a challenge, a badge of honour to tell people who I supported.

For the first 22 years it was me and my Dad. It was our time together. Cheering, shouting, tutting our way through season after season. Listening to Radio 5 Sports Extra on the way home, dissecting the game and turning the volume down on the radio when the scores were read out if we’d lost.

We didn’t go to games for the entertainment, ****ing hell we watched John Paskin, Darren Simkin, Dennis Pierce, Paul Jones in the first few years so we’d be daft to expect it!

I must admit I had a wobble 10 years ago when he died. It coincided with those two awful seasons when our players couldn’t get enough of the taste of sweet sweet relegation. I stuck with it though and my brother took over my Dad’s seat. We watched the revolution and we’re lucky enough to see the best players I’ve ever seen play for Wolves.

I’ve struggled with depression over the past few years, I thought I could manage it myself (did I mention I was also delusional!). Going to the game always made me feel better (well apart from Wembley), it was the routine. It’s all I’ve know since I was 10.

The enforced absence thanks to the little talked about Covid outbreak broke the routine. I spent more time with my kids (they were 4 and 6 then), I enjoyed it, they’re great little people. The break allowed me to reassess what’s important to me and also to go and see a doctor and get the help I needed.

My brother gave up his ticket post Covid but I missed it and renewed anyway. So for the past season it’s been me on my own traipsing down the motorway or sitting on a train. It’s not the same.

The cost has been mentioned by many people already and that is an understandable factor but I’ve been prepared to sacrifice the money and the time before so it’s not the deciding factor. To be honest though the thousands of pounds I spend each year watching Wolves could be used elsewhere!

The fact is I just don’t love football like I used to. I get emotional about it still but that emotion isn’t joy. The Mix is no longer the first thing I look at in the morning, I barely post anything anymore. I don’t tune into Sky/BT to watch every single game. I know I don’t ‘need’ it.

Totally understand SW. will miss your contribution and always valued your views and posts.

Take care buddy

R

reanswolf

I really think football in general ought to be very careful with pricing out people.

Mind you I’ve probably being saying that for 20 years.

I also think people really pushed the boat out last year, and didn't really get what they generally expected (fairly or unfairly).

I genuinely think ST sales will be adversely affected this time round anyway, especially with any increase in cost. Having said that, it would be great if teh deadline was extended til a couple of weeks to the new season so people can see what business is done.

Last edited by a moderator:

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a thought if fans had drinks in the ground instead of the pubs in town on match day ie fan zone by subway and it guaranteed season ticket prices would not increase or keeping our best players or money for new signings would you do it
I'd like the club to buy the Feathers building off the uni, refurb it into a pub again then create a decent fanzone around that.

I'm not sure I quite understand your suggestion though?

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an oap, my discounted price is attractive. Had a ST every year since pre Bully so of course I will renew.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Il renew, I don’t mind paying up to 750. Although anymore than that I won’t justify it without players being signed..

I’m lucky I have money set aside for it and save smartly.

For me are we getting value for money? Changes are needed on the pitch the product has to be better. Fans loyalty will only go as far as they can afford it

beppe7619

Reaction score
I'd like the club to buy the Feathers building off the uni, refurb it into a pub again then create a decent fanzone around that.

Money going to the club for revenue instead of to the pubs in town to increase revenue to buy players and keep players.

beppe7619

Reaction score

Also if it meant wolves staying at molineux instead of moving.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So very sorry to hear that ... actually found it upsetting to read.

I’ve always looked forward to your posts and humour ... and very much hope they continue.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great post, got some dust in my eyes reading that
I really hope you change your mind, but if not enjoy the extra time with your children but no doubt you will be back at some stage and perhaps/ hopefully sitting alongside your children

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Quite emotional that was Sheriff.Take care mate.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a thought if fans had drinks in the ground instead of the pubs in town on match day ie fan zone by subway and it guaranteed season ticket prices would not increase or keeping our best players or money for new signings would you do it
I thought about this at the weekend. I’ve got used to the NHL/NBA/NFL stadia where the customer is king and everything is geared to come to you to make you part with your cash.
Fast forward to this past weekend, I queued over 5 minutes for a pee, then a further almost 10 minutes to buy a Guinness and a sausage roll from the most miserable surley hate my job individual I had seen in my short time back in blighty. In the US, those 15 minutes of waiting in a queue are a loss of maximum revenue opportunity, in that time I have my pee in a clean bathroom and had ample opportunity for a couple of (quality?… Bud, Miller lite, the usual ****) beers, some decent food and a possible visit to a merch shop/concession.
It would take a big Investment and a culture change to get this up and running in the UK, I’m interested to see if Spurs have managed it in their new stadium, where I believe the fans are encouraged to stay in the ground after the game for a few beers.

Season ticket pricing, everybody mentioning the cost of everything is going up on a weekly basis - surely it is the same for Wolves and their costs and they will have to increase pro rata?

R

reanswolf

Just seen the atmosphere at Frankfurt . Superb!

But then have a guess what the average ST costs in the Bundesliga if you stand up?

£150 !!!

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You take care @Sheriff Woody, I’ve always enjoyed your posts, this one was certainly an eye opene.
UTW

Back
Top Bottom