Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So who’s the plan B ?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Was also interviewed according to this guy... Would make sense why we are waiting till after the World Cup.....

I'd be rather disappointed if our reason to wait until after the WC is to appoint him.
There are dozens of managers out there equally as good that we could get instead
And don't give me the "But he manages Belgium so he must be good"
So did Mark Wilmots but I doubt anyone wants us to get him.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you know he knows another way of playing and can successfully implement it ?

There's zero evidence for it. If you hire Dyche, you do it based on what he achieved at Burnley - with that style.

You talk about experience but he has zero experience implementing a different style.

Not saying he can't do it, but why take that chance? Much rather someone who has successfully implemented a style better suited to our players.
Well, its not that I disagree.
However, the players that are decent aren't staying
And the players that aren't shouldn't be staying

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I'd be rather disappointed if our reason to wait until after the WC is to appoint him.
There are dozens of managers out there equally as good that we could get instead
And don't give me the "But he manages Belgium so he must be good"
So did Mark Wilmots but I doubt anyone wants us to get him.
We need someone in place before next year.we are so poor and the new coach needs to understand how bad we are and what is needed.if he starts In The new year it will be to late.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just clicked the wrong link in my bookmarks and found myself on the other Wolves forum by mistake. But a couple of interesting points if anyone can substantiate them:
Nathan Judah was sitting near Sellars on Tuesday night and says he was in regular contact with the bench
And Bo Svensson was apparently interested in the job and Wolves rejected him

17miles

Reaction score
Thats the thing. WC would've been perfect for a new manager to come in, get to know most of the squad and start working on implementing his ideas. Now we're just wasting a month.
I can understand giving Davis until the WC, but until 2023 makes zero sense.
We won't wait until the end of the World Cup.
They've just relieved the constant pressure from Social Media to appoint someone.
Steve Davis stated he will do whatever he is asked by the club, including stepping aside when the new guy is ready to take over.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Just clicked the wrong link in my bookmarks and found myself on the other Wolves forum by mistake. But a couple of interesting points if anyone can substantiate them:
Nathan Judah was sitting near Sellars on Tuesday night and says he was in regular contact with the bench
@DanishWolf just said that about Svennson but Percy said him and lopetegui were our main targets so who knows
I heard a few people say that Sellars was instructing via radio at the forest game

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very poor and a terrible statement. Would be happy this year to survive and wait for the best appointment but no guarantee on any.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t Sellars just **** off? Why the hell is he interfering when Steve Davis has actual proper managerial experience?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dreadful if this is correct about Sellars. Absolute shambles.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@DanishWolf just said that about Svennson but Percy said him and lopetegui were our main targets so who knows
I heard a few people say that Sellars was instructing via radio at the forest game

A poster who I will not name told me Sellars is having influence on team selections. I have no idea if this is correct but after seeing these posts you have to wonder and this is not good at all if correct.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I have a feeling that we are going to end up having Nuno back.
I was and still am against treading an already trodden path, but he will keep us up and I think that is the most important thing now this season.
The waiting till January thing gives hope Gallardo may have been tapped up but I think he's destined for bigger than us at this moment in time.
We just need to avoid relegation!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently heard it on good authority we are waiting till January to get Santa in after Christmas.

Shi and Sellars flew out to Lapland to speak to the big man and were impressed with what he has to offer . Scott and Shi really wanted him in now asap but both are big fans of Christmas and feel it is only right they let him finish the good work he has done this year and come in January.

Apparently he is bringing some Elves with him to assist with the coaching staff . They were impressed and confused when seeing the present production line going forwards . As mainly at Molineux it is sideways or backwards .

Santa's chief Elf will be appointed DOF after Scott had a lengthy chat with them and was really impressed with the vision he wanted to take us in .

I am not an ITK but wanted to pass this key information on .

I am now really Excited thanks Fosun

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing as he is in charge till the world cup does that mean we are targeting a world cup manager?

It's going to be Roberto Martinez isn't it

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Martinez would be brilliant.

That's the type of coach we need, someone who can get the most out of technical players and would play good football.

He's not popular for some reason though. Like the job he did at Everton in hindsight was very good and he gets criticism for not winning a major competition with Belgium as though it's easy.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think it is a good idea Sellars may have influence on the team and be in contact with our coaches during games if this is correct, SuperGran?
You’ve gone from saying having influence on the team to may?

I don’t recall seeing anyone with a radio in the dug out. Davies, Colin’s and Robert seem to spread their time stood up. Look at the photos at the end of forest with Moutinho and Costa, are you suggesting they are interfering?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

That's the type of coach we need, someone who can get the most out of technical players and would play good football.

He's not popular for some reason though. Like the job he did at Everton in hindsight was very good and he gets criticism for not winning a major competition with Belgium as though it's easy.
He’d be absolutely fine, he turned spurs down last season but timing might be better

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep most were.

People just want to vent and seem to be forgetting what they have said.

So many wanted Moutinho out as well as Jonny and got their wish but still moan.

If you are from Wolverhampton of course you are going to moan!
I should know!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Do you think it is a good idea Sellars may have influence on the team and be in contact with our coaches during games if this is correct, SuperGran?
If it helps us I don’t mind.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you know he knows another way of playing and can successfully implement it ?

There's zero evidence for it. If you hire Dyche, you do it based on what he achieved at Burnley - with that style.

You talk about experience but he has zero experience implementing a different style.

Not saying he can't do it, but why take that chance? Much rather someone who has successfully implemented a style better suited to our players.

Dyche has said he set Burnley up how he thought was the best way for them. That in a different situation, he would have a different situation. Of course that's no guarantee he'd make anything else work, but it was interesting that he is not attached to that Burnley way of playing. He sounded smarter and much more knowledgable about the game than the stereotyping had led me to believe.

Had no interest in him initially, but in our current situation, sinking slowly, I'd now seriously consider him. Some of our players might not like him, but they are probably the ones you don't want in a relegation battle anyway. And there are others whose game could really improve with a bit more discipline and hard work.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d be absolutely fine, he turned spurs down last season but timing might be better
Belgium are likely to play Germany or Spain in the World Cup round of 16.

Every chance they lose that game and his reputation won't be great so we should be a realistic option.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve gone from saying having influence on the team to may?

I don’t recall seeing anyone with a radio in the dug out. Davies, Colin’s and Robert seem to spread their time stood up. Look at the photos at the end of forest with Moutinho and Costa, are you suggesting they are interfering?

I always meant may as this is just what I have been told. I dont think it is a good idea if it is correct.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d take Martinez in a heartbeat. Those who criticise him are the sort that read a lot about football but don’t actually watch enough. You know the sort, like the ones who hate Jordan Henderson because the sun picked on him 10 years ago.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we’re well past difficult second album, this is now Jazz Odyssey territory.

This is true. We tried the other week to get the band back together but the lead singer was busy with another project.

Our latest album costs nearly twice as much as the breakout record but mainly hits bum notes. Meanwhile, the band manager dithers on decisions and the disgruntled fans are getting ready to launch bottles of **** at the stage at the next gig.

You can tell it’s a Friday afternoon at work.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Martinez can't organise a defence to save his life, that's why. Which isn't a recipe for success if we are in a relegation battle. At least it'd be entertaining though.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dyche has said he set Burnley up how he thought was the best way for them. That in a different situation, he would have a different situation. Of course that's no guarantee he'd make anything else work, but it was interesting that he is not attached to that Burnley way of playing. He sounded smarter and much more knowledgable about the game than the stereotyping had led me to believe.

Had no interest in him initially, but in our current situation, sinking slowly, I'd now seriously consider him. Some of our players might not like him, but they are probably the ones you don't want in a relegation battle anyway. And there are others whose game could really improve with a bit more discipline and hard work.

He could've changed the Burnley way of playing though. He was there for 10 years and never did. Even kept signing players to fit that style.
Kompany has been there for a few months and already completely revamped their style.

And if the argument is he wouldn't do it, let's not forget he did get relegated with them, so had the same opportunity to start over, as Kompany has had

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
He could've changed the Burnley way of playing though. He was there for 10 years and never did. Even kept signing players to fit that style.
Kompany has been there for a few months and already completely revamped their style.

And if the argument is he wouldn't do it, let's not forget he did get relegated with them, so had the same opportunity to start over, as Kompany has had
We should go for kompany

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Bo Svensson story was confirmed in The Atletic

As for Sellars, it's absolutely ludicrous if he has any influence on what's going on on the bench. What has he done to merit such influence?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Bo Svensson story was confirmed in The Atletic

As for Sellars, it's absolutely ludicrous if he has any influence on what's going on on the bench. What has he done to merit such influence?

Also shouldn't he have been busy finding us a new manager rather than ****ing up Davis' back at the Forest game?

Back
Top Bottom