Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So where do we go from here ?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn't the result today, it wasn't even the score although that wasn't great, it was the nature of the complete capitulation in the second half that means that alarm bells are ringing.
Defending was so bad where was the midfield also I get we was pushing forward but we got cut open like a non league club

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't Panic.

We still created chances, we just need someone who can convert them.

Oh...

You're all missing the point of today's defeat.

It was deliberate in front of Guo with the aim of forcing Fosun to get the chequebook out.
He will have hated what he saw and be very offended.
Several new signings will arrive before the window closes.

Trust me;)
Watch a lot of X-files, do you?;)

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not that simple, though , is it? League position is not determined by how much supporters get behind their team. If vocal volume scored goals, we'd be among the highest scorers in the league, not the lowest.

We weren't bottom last Xmas because fans didn't get behind the team. And we didn't do a remarkable rise to safety because fans suddenly decided they would get behind the team. We ended up fine because we brought in a manager who had a clue. And a couple of crucial player signings. We may need the same this season.
Totally agree all I’m saying is stop the negativity we’ve only played two games
If I was a player yesterday after we scored and heard the fans singing “we’ve scored.a goal we’ve scored a goal like we did (not me) then that would have demotivated me

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Totally agree all I’m saying is stop the negativity we’ve only played two games
If I was a player yesterday after we scored and heard the fans singing “we’ve scored.a goal we’ve scored a goal like we did (not me) then that would have demotivated me
Thought the atmosphere all day was dreadful.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One game where we played well, and were unlucky to lose and one game where we we lost heavily to a top 8 team, whilst in both creating (but not scoring) 39 attempts at goal.
It’s a bit early to panic yet.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got to make do with the players and manager we've got and hope to god there are 3 worse teams than us. Going to be a relegation battle for the whole season I'm afraid

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With our apparent financial issues, and where we’re at in terms of squad depth, I’d imagine the realistic target for us this season is staying up.

I can’t see this being enough for our bigger and better players though and come next summer we’ll likely need to replace a few of the first 11, whilst still needing to add to the squad for depth. I also don’t trust us to flip our best players for good money as Brigton do.

I don’t mean to be negative but if we structurally and strategically remain the same under Fosun, it’s a matter of when and not if we drop unfortunately. I just can’t see Fosun revolutionising us at a senior management level which is in my opinion what is needed. With Guo there today and Jeff still in a job, I can’t see a sale happening anytime soon either.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funniest bit is some of the people on here defending the appointment of GON at the time we’re the same people slagging off that of Lage and putting down his credentials when they are well ahead of GON before joining wolves……

Sooooo funny

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are going to be relegated. Yesterday reminded me a lot of the Solbakken/Saunders era. 11 individuals on the pitch but coherency and defensively all over the place. We flatter to deceive offensively but teams know they will score goals against us.

Those saying it’s two games and we played well vs Utd. Well GON only had 2 days to undo JL’s work, he’s had a week longer and you can start to see it coming apart at the seams. I will be surprised if we get more than 1 point in the first 10 games.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said when we appointed O'Neil that the first few games will define him . As a run of defeats and he won't be able to turn it around imo. Huge game next week now and no excuses next week they have to perform. Otherwise I seriously think O'Neil will be gone by November

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said when we appointed O'Neil that the first few games will define him . As a run of defeats and he won't be able to turn it around imo. Huge game next week now and no excuses next week they have to perform. Otherwise I seriously think O'Neil will be gone by November
If he is gone by November can we nickname him Wyclef Jean?

song reference for those who don’t know this classic lol

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funniest bit is some of the people on here defending the appointment of GON at the time we’re the same people slagging off that of Lage and putting down his credentials when they are well ahead of GON before joining wolves……

Sooooo funny
Agreed. Was l to be cynical l might suspect that their respective places of birth might be a strong factor in that.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are going to be relegated. Yesterday reminded me a lot of the Solbakken/Saunders era. 11 individuals on the pitch but coherency and defensively all over the place. We flatter to deceive offensively but teams know they will score goals against us.

Those saying it’s two games and we played well vs Utd. Well GON only had 2 days to undo JL’s work, he’s had a week longer and you can start to see it coming apart at the seams. I will be surprised if we get more than 1 point in the first 10 games.
Sadly l can see exactly where you are coming from.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To play where though. You’re going to drop Gomes or lemina. Don’t get it.
Lemina. He really isn't very good at this level of football. I don't understand how he is been given this undroppable status. He hardly ever wins the ball and goes AWOL half the time.
And gomes hasn't shown he can do it consistently either.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many of us actually expected much from the first two games? I don’t think there’s need for panic just yet, we are creating chances and are only two games in.

Saying that, confidence is a fragile thing and we can’t really afford to go another 2/3 games without any points on the board - we saw last season what happens when a group of players get stuck in a rut; relegation battle.

But yea, let’s not panic just yet - 2 games in after such a horrendous end to the summer.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wyclef was back in November so doesn’t work.
He will be back on the unemployment line by then…..

He will be back on the sports bar at talk sport like he did a few times till he got our job…..

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sooooo funny
GON is the plucky British underdog, folk of a certain background tend to love that.

His CV is totally unsuitable for what we need, clearly the cheap appointment and a total yes man for Shi. It stinks.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON is the plucky British underdog, folk of a certain background tend to love that.

His CV is totally unsuitable for what we need, clearly the cheap appointment and a total yes man for Shi. It stinks.
But Jeff cleverly didn’t put his finger prints on this one…..

So when it fails, he can shift all the blame to Hobbs….. set Hobbs up as his fall guy like every great control freak does!

Means he can go, yeah I made a mistake on all those, but I didnt screw THIS one up.

The bloke is new Teflon Don.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Jeff cleverly didn’t put his finger prints on this one…..

So when it fails, he can shift all the blame to Hobbs….. set Hobbs up as his fall guy like every great control freak does!

Means he can go, yeah I made a mistake on all those, but I didnt screw THIS one up.

The bloke is new Teflon Don.
Shi must have been a cat in a previous life, amazing how he's still in a job after how many ****s ups he's the last few years, it's kind of impressive.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
after a night's sleep and watching MOTD this morning I've come to the conclusion that we will be OK yes we were bad yesterday in both attack and defense but Brighton are streets ahead of us in terms of how they play

Everton and palace are our next two games if we loose those then I think maybe time to be concerned but it's still very early season and if we can start to convert chances we will be fine

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where do we go from here? With a big bag of cash to south america and sign more bargains like joao gomes.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Just a minor point but in the training clip of shooting practice in the week it was evident as to how many seemed to place /side foot the ball.We just don’t seem to have players who can strike it with power .Where is Kenny Hibbitt when you need him ?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina. He really isn't very good at this level of football. I don't understand how he is been given this undroppable status. He hardly ever wins the ball and goes AWOL half the time.
And gomes hasn't shown he can do it consistently either.
Lemina - MotM against ManUre; media speculation that he is on Liverpool’s wanted list.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next weekend is absolutely massive. Very realistic chance we lose that and it could be 4 losses from 4. Minimum 5 from 6.

With no money and no Lopetegui mk2, that would be us done and dusted.

Absolutely imperative we don’t lose next weekend.

Last edited:

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm going to bore everyone with this but for me I'd love to go back to a back 3. When you don't score many it's important to keep clean sheets so you may win by a goal margin, at the moment we can't keep clean sheets or score more than 1 in a game so it's a recipe for disaster.

Also I don't remember many tonkings under Nuno in the back 3. They have become a regular thing since going to a back 4! If you have a bad day or even a bad 10 minutes with a back 4 the result seems to be catastrophic! If you have bad game with a back 3 you're still always in the game and able to salvage a point. We've been poor ever since we abandoned the back 3 under Lage! It's been a miserable few years tbh!

Last edited:

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Next weekend is absolutely massive. Wet realistic chance we lose that and it could be 4 losses from 4. Minimum 5 from 6.

I'd go and sit it and stop the rot. Get a point on the board and a clean sheet on the board and build some confidence from there!

Last edited:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought the atmosphere all day was dreadful.
Whereas on Monday it was excellent.

Yesterday, we were watching our team at times get dismantled by very good opposition (for a time I thought we were heading for another 6-0 defeat).
When folk are dis-spirited and not enjoying what's being layed out in front of them it's sometimes difficult to find voice.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Next weekend is absolutely massive. Very realistic chance we lose that and it could be 4 losses from 4. Minimum 5 from 6.

Mad that we're already playing the old 6-pointers in flipping August ffs

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to bore everyone with this but for me I'd love to go back to a back 3. When you don't score many it's important to keep clean sheets so you may win by a goal margin, at the moment we can't keep clean sheets or score more than 1 in a game so it's a recipe for disaster.

Also I don't remember many tonkings under Nuno in the back 3. They have become a regular thing since going to a back 4! If you have a bad day or even a bad 10 minutes with a back 4 the result seems to be catastrophic! If you have bad game with a back 3 you're still always in the game and able to salvage a point. We've been poor ever since we abandoned the back 3 under Lage! It's been a miserable few years tbh!
I might be inclined to agree if we had more than three first team centre backs currently available.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whereas on Monday it was excellent.

Yesterday, we were watching our team at times get dismantled by very good opposition (for a time I thought we were heading for another 6-0 defeat).
When folk are dis-spirited and not enjoying what's being layed out in front of them it's sometimes difficult to find voice.
Particularly when many folk have massive disquiet about everything which has gone on over the summer. Very hard to be upbeat about all of that.

Back
Top Bottom