Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So Neves.....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends if you think Neves is world class. I dont. I think he is a very good player (same as Adama) but too many wolves fans are over egging the mixture, they arent elite level players currently. Could they make it? Dont know.

Adama just scraped into the squad, he will be like a lot of players at the Euro's in that they wont get pitch time, its an international tournament, it happens.
Neves is not in the same class a Patricio and Moutinho . And he now needs to step it up if he wants to become a solid international. He is 24 . By the time he is 26 he will need to show a lot more .

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is not in the same class a Patricio and Moutinho . And he now needs to step it up if he wants to become a solid international. He is 24 . By the time he is 26 he will need to show a lot more .
Agree, another case of the wolves blinkers go on and he's the best player ever......

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we don't get 60m for Neves then we've been had.

This is a world where Buendia went for 4om and Tarkowski is being touted around for 50m.
And Harry Kane for a reported £150million!

D

Deleted member 11332

none of the wolves players of today would get in my all time best wolves team

Most of them would get in mine but I wouldn't include players i haven't seen. I can't think of a striker at wolves who was in the top 10 of the world like Raul. I've watched videos of Richards who's probably up there and obviously bully but in ability neither are anywhere close to Raul for me.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of them would get in mine but I wouldn't include players i haven't seen. I can't think of a striker at wolves who was in the top 10 of the world like Raul. I've watched videos of Richards who's probably up there and obviously bully but in ability neither are anywhere close to Raul for me.

D

Deleted member 11332

let`s hope he gets back to full fitness,but I go back a lot further than you jimi might get on the subs bench!

Genuinely interested who you'd say, I've only really seen he end of bull. Keane was probably near the best until Fletcher and Raul rocked up. Obviously I know of the likes of the doog and watched some matches when they've been repeated but I don't think any are as good as Jimenez.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely interested who you'd say, I've only really seen he end of bull. Keane was probably near the best until Fletcher and Raul rocked up. Obviously I know of the likes of the doog and watched some matches when they've been repeated but I don't think any are as good as Jimenez.
swinbourne,murray,and the doog if waggy was playing.a player I never saw but many guys told me as a pure goalscorer was wescott.
.if you paired jimi with richards it would have been good.but would still have the doog
but back in the days of cullis all the forwards scored,so jimi would have had more room

D

Deleted member 11332

swinbourne,murray,and the doog if waggy was playing.a player I never saw but many guys told me as a pure goalscorer was wescott.
.if you paired jimi with richards it would have been good.but would still have the doog
but back in the days of cullis all the forwards scored,so jimi would have had more room

Not sure I'd say the doog was on Rauls.
level personally the other names are interesting. Not seen much of those two. Waggy was a genius though, absolute nightmare for a fullback.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, another case of the wolves blinkers go on and he's the best player ever......
Yes.
But we have owners who dont have blinkers on and who are ruthless when they need to be.
And in top sport there are times you need to be ruthless off the pitch as you do on the pitch.
As with Jota ( and you could say Nuno) if they think he has plateaued here , and he cant add value he will be off .

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I'd say the doog was on Rauls.
level personally the other names are interesting. Not seen much of those two. Waggy was a genius though, absolute nightmare for a fullback.
well if you think traore linked up well with raul think what he could have done with waggy`s crosses

D

Deleted member 11332

well if you think traore linked up well with raul think what he could have done with waggy`s crosses.

Raul could play with anyone, he's that good. Absolutely complete number 9. I agree though salivating at the prospect and I've probably only seen waggy play 4/5 games and the quality of the video isn't great, never in the flesh obviously.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then I feel sorry for you. Bully and King John were better than Raul.

Edited....and I also think Keane, and on his day Fletcher were as good. I am too young to remember prime Doog, but the man was a great goalscorer.
Jiminez is up there, but imo, not clearly better than any I have mentioned.

D

Deleted member 11332

Then I feel sorry for you. Bully and King John were better than Raul.

Can't help when I was born. I've seen bully he's really not better. As I've stated Jimenez is inside the top 10 centre forwards in world football. Bully nowhere near and never scored at the top level domestically great goalscorer but as a footballer there really isn't a comparison. Was Richards ever considered elite, as in near the best in the world?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't help when I was born. I've seen bully he's really not better. As I've stated Jimenez is inside the top 10 centre forwards in world football. Bully nowhere near and never scored at the top level domestically great goalscorer but as a footballer there really isn't a comparison. Was Richards ever considered elite, as in near the best in the world?
he was by me

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speak as I find Richards was a different kind of player. Bully was a clinical goalscorer .Raul is good, but Bully would score as many or more in the current set up.

D

Deleted member 11332

Speak as I find Richards was a different kind of player. Bully was a clinical goalscorer .Raul is good, but Bully would score as many or more in the current set up.

I doubt it, Raul created a lot of goals for himself. Bully was a battering ram who could finish, I think the games moved on and players like him just wouldn't be effective like he was then. Raul is world class and walks into 90% of teams in the world currently. You can't say the same about Bully.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. My old man said he was class, I've seen bits and I agree he was superb and it's a travesty he didn't get more international recognition.
Absolutely.
Not really a classic 9, but imagine Bully without Mutch...... Doog and JR were much the same. Richards vastly unde rated by England outfit at the time... whats new eh....

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. My old man said he was class, I've seen bits and I agree he was superb and it's a travesty he didn't get more international recognition.
different eras and we were a more attacking side then.still a bit of a carry over from the fifties.Iam actually
surprised how well wolves fans accepted being a counter attacking team.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt it, Raul created a lot of goals for himself. Bully was a battering ram who could finish, I think the games moved on and players like him just wouldn't be effective like he was then. Raul is world class and walks into 90% of teams in the world currently. You can't say the same about Bully.
I think you do Bully a disservice. The man knew where the goal was better than most players in history. Raul is good, but misses some chances Bully never would. Admittedly he may create some that Bully wouldn't.

D

Deleted member 11332

different eras and we were a more attacking side then.still a bit of a carry over from the fifties.Iam actually
surprised how well wolves fans accepted being a counter attacking team.

Definitely, someone like Richards could play now though, in many ways from my limited viewing he was somewhat ahead of his time. As @OLDGOLD has said, not a proper 9 but not really a 10 either and it's difficult to compare especially when the game was so different then to now. He'd probably be the only one I could understand someone picking over Raul based on what I've seen.

D

Deleted member 11332

I think you do Bully a disservice. The man knew where the goal was better than most players in history. Raul is good, but misses some chances Bully never would. Admittedly he may create some that Bully wouldn't.

I don't think I do. If I needed someone to bury a chance he'd be there as you say he just knew where the net was, however if we look at Raul's goals, how many are not created by some kid of brilliance by him? He's strong, quick, a great dribbler creative, unbelievable in the air, both footed. He literally has no weaknesses bar the occasional miss but all strikers miss.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think I do. If I needed someone to bury a chance he'd be there as you say he just knew where the net was, however if we look at Raul's goals, how many are not created by some kid of brilliance by him? He's strong, quick, a great dribbler creative, unbelievable in the air, both footed. He literally has no weaknesses bar the occasional miss but all strikers miss.
Maybe I am a victim of my age. Bully was the man in my formative years. I like Raul. Bully was other level. Admittedly in a lower league and in the past. I think Raul has the more complete all round game, but Bully is the the more clinical.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe I am a victim of my age. Bully was the man in my formative years. I like Raul. Bully was other level. Admittedly in a lower league and in the past. I think Raul has the more complete all round game, but Bully is the the more clinical.
From memory 9goals in 21 games for england,england B,and the u.21s.
don`t tell me he couldn`t have scored at any level he played at.
wolves fans followed him all round the country playing for england
how many turned up for a reserve match when he was returning from injury

D

Deleted member 11332

From memory 9goals in 21 games for england,england B,and the u.21s.
don`t tell me he couldn`t have scored at any level he played at.
wolves fans followed him all round the country playing for england
how many turned up for a reserve match when he was returning from injury

Why didn't he then would be my question? Why didn't one of the top sides like man united try and get him in. I know he was loyal and did turn down offers but nothing of that level ever materialised.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't argue Dews, my memory is shot to ****!
I`m doing well for a saturday night!
Why didn't he then would be my question? Why didn't one of the top sides like man united try and get him in. I know he was loyal and did turn down offers but nothing of that level ever materialised.
loyalty mainly.
the only 3 offers I know about were coventry.aston v.and genoa
phoned the club up and told them they could have my season ticket back if they sold him to coventry!
and don`t forget keane went to cov.

D

Deleted member 11332

I`m doing well for a saturday night!

loyalty mainly.
the only 3 offers I know about were coventry.aston v.and genoa
phoned the club up and told them they could have my season ticket back if they sold him to coventry!

And I understand but if he really was up to that level one of the huge teams would have snapped him up. Utd and Arsenal? I'm just not sure his all round game was there for those sorts of sides and to be honest that's pretty much a requirement for a modern day striker.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I understand but if he really was up to that level one of the huge teams would have snapped him up. Utd and Arsenal? I'm just not sure his all round game was there for those sorts of sides and to be honest that's pretty much a requirement for a modern day striker.
that is true.I have mentioned a number of fantastic wolves players but to have just
one back playing today it would have to be bully

r

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different era as well, tbh. Bully was happy to be a big fish in a small pond. Had he have moved it may all have gone well or totherwise. As it is it leaves questions unanswered, although the fact he did well internationally suggests to me that he would have coped in the top divisibility.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different era as well, tbh. Bully was happy to be a big fish in a small pond. Had he have moved it may all have gone well or totherwise. As it is it leaves questions unanswered, although the fact he did well internationally suggests to me that he would have coped in the top divisibility.
an odd thing about bully was he was average in the air in mid-field but deadly
in the box around a third of his goals were from headers
the players in his day had to cope with horrible centre halves.need I mention steve .........ng walsh?

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Agree with most of what your saying, but as good as he is, his main weakness is his finishing where he is not quite up there with the best. However, his overall game is superb. For me Richards & Bully we’re better finishers

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy has the second best goals per minute record in Premier League history

Imagine what it would be if he'd played for City in that time
Against the weakest opposition!

As I have said before he is over rated. I stick by that.

I fully respect your opinion but I just do not put him on a level where he is valued at £150million.

City can afford to buy the best players in world football who would create and put goals on a plate for anybody, Kane included.

His performances for England at the top tournaments have been ordinary at best because he is playing against the best defenders in Europe. Look at Ronaldo, Lukaku etc who have shown how good they are consistently at the highest level.

Back
Top Bottom