Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Small time Jeff strikes again.....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the accounts are true regarding a straight swap with Adama for Trincao, then my patience of this board is really going to be tested.
Going by stats alone Trincao only has to score a goal and perhaps a couple of assists this season to match Traore's figures? Our love affair with Traore is that about once/twice a game he would literally get you off your seat and screaming; few players can do that even though the end result was usually disappointing. With the current injuries Trincao should get game time and with that the chance to improve and make an impact. Whether he does will most probably decide his future at Wolves?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst it may seem frustrating from a footballing side, I assume this can only be for accounting purposes - i.e. cost neutral for FFP reporting.
Ok - it can be argued that Trincao , may not be valued at the rumoured agreed price of £30m (35m Euro) but realistically how much of the deficit are Wolves really going to see when Mendes is involved?
What you've mentioned is absolutely fair, but my point is that we shouldn't be signing him on his current form. We'd be much better off getting the £30 million for Adama and buying a CM.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going by stats alone Trincao only has to score a goal and perhaps a couple of assists this season to match Traore's figures? Our love affair with Traore is that about once/twice a game he would literally get you off your seat and screaming; few players can do that even though the end result was usually disappointing. With the current injuries Trincao should get game time and with that the chance to improve and make an impact. Whether he does will most probably decide his future at Wolves?
Stats don't tell anywhere near the whole story. Years ago Andy Johnson was the top English goalscorer of the PL, but the stats didn't say most of his goals came from penalties.

Adama brought so much more to the team than most people realise, and Trincao needs one heck of a second half to the season to be anywhere near good enough for our team in my view.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stats don't tell anywhere near the whole story. Years ago Andy Johnson was the top English goalscorer of the PL, but the stats didn't say most of his goals came from penalties.

Adama brought so much more to the team than most people realise, and Trincao needs one heck of a second half to the season to be anywhere near good enough for our team in my view.
Yeah anyone who saw us should know what he brought to the table even if he didn't get assists awarded to him

'Shot creating actions' up to now - Traore 50 (4.22 per 90), Trincao 27 (2.59 per 90). At that rate Trincao will do well to reach Traore's total by the end of the season.

Other Wolves players for purposes of nothing other than curiosity

Podence - 25 (3.22)
Neves - 31 (1.82)
Hwang - 12 (1.1)
Jimenez - 42 (2.43)

Traore is a big miss

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah anyone who saw us should know what he brought to the table even if he didn't get assists awarded to him

'Shot creating actions' up to now - Traore 50 (4.22 per 90), Trincao 27 (2.59 per 90). At that rate Trincao will do well to reach Traore's total by the end of the season.

Other Wolves players for purposes of nothing other than curiosity

Podence - 25 (3.22)
Neves - 31 (1.82)
Hwang - 12 (1.1)
Jimenez - 42 (2.43)

Traore is a big miss
Not trying to disrespect your comments but WTF does 'shots creating actions' really mean? Who records these things? How accurate are the figures? Who really looks at things like xG, expected goals? Traore is a miss for sure but we have to hope Trincao can turn his flashes of skill into something more sustained.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Not trying to disrespect your comments but WTF does 'shots creating actions' really mean? Who records these things? How accurate are the figures? Who really looks at things like xG, expected goals? Traore is a miss for sure but we have to hope Trincao can turn his flashes of skill into something more sustained.
All of the best teams in the world look at those things, Liverpool literally base most of their recruitment on it

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shot creating actions:

Offensive action prior to a shot being taken, IE dribble, pass, being fouled, anything that results in us shooting at goal.

Analytics team would be looking into this.

Edit:
As Jwolfie said above, basically all teams have their metrics and will research this.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** Shi and FOSUN. In the top 6 hunt in January and they chose to weaken our squad. They've taken the club as far as they can, we won't progress any further without fresh investment and despite the old sentiment on here expressed by some, that's the cold truth.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** Shi and FOSUN. In the top 6 hunt in January and they chose to weaken our squad. They've taken the club as far as they can, we won't progress any further without fresh investment and despite the old sentiment on here expressed by some, that's the cold truth.

You're going to get pelters, Perton, but you're 100% correct.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The problem is you're not looking at it from Fosun's POV.
Wolves established in the Prem? Chance to trade players? Flog Neves? Money from Adama? Lovely stuff...
What we have to accept is that Fosun don't give a **** about us "legacy fans." They'd rather have some e-sports ****er in Shanghai buying the fashion

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It basically means when a player does something that creates an opportunity for their team, Traore did it loads for us (from beating three players before playing it out wide to his 94th minute run against Villa that won us the free kick that we scored the winner with). It's used by all the clubs, and the players you'd class as the most creative are generally at the top of the list

As for Trincao, thought he did alright tonight barring the end product. Definitely the kind of player we'd want in 12-18 months (bit like Vitinha)

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are a disgrace.

Who knows what would have happened but they didn't even try. Needs an explanation. Why? Why would you not even try to do well? I don't get it, I really don't.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves established in the Prem? Chance to trade players? Flog Neves? Money from Adama? Lovely stuff...
What we have to accept is that Fosun don't give a **** about us "legacy fans." They'd rather have some e-sports ****er in Shanghai buying the fashion
Ain't that the truth!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will annoy a few but just imagine if our owners had pushed out the boat for a Coutinho to come in last month. Someone like that would have made all the difference in my opinion and we would not have lost tonight with that sort of quality added to the squad.

As its is we signed Chiquinho and let Adama go. Chiquinho looked bright when he came on tonight but will take time to settle just like Trincao and Fabio who between them have scored no goals this season.

Quality added to quality will get you somewhere. Unfortunately it seems to me that Shi and Fosun have forgotten this.

If Bruno had been backed properly I am convinced we would be in the 5th round of the FA Cup and we wouldnt have lost tonight.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The purchase of Fabio and the timing of Traore loan look more like incompetence than saving money . Very poor decisions .
I wonder if Shi’a bosses feel the same . Time to be recalled home after 5 years ?
I would have thought Jota , Neves , Moutinho and Patricio were all planned before the takeover by others.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The purchase of Fabio and the timing of Traore loan look more like incompetence than saving money . Very poor decisions .
I wonder if Shi’a bosses feel the same . Time to be recalled home after 5 years ?
I would have thought Jota , Neves , Moutinho and Patricio were all planned before the takeover by others.
To be honest, I don't think Shi's bosses have a clue either.

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
The stupid stats argument about Adama drives me nuts. I keep hearing it and it's rubbish. Wolves don't score many goals anyway, for years now. We've been benching Traore for most of this season. What are his stats for Barcelona already? There's nobody else in our squad that can do what he did, not close. He was worth the entrance fee, and I'm gutted I don't get to see him, even if it is for 5 minutes at the end of a match.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As others have said, Fosun have a long term vision and a strategy to achieve it. We will not see money spunked about to gain short term benefit. That's why we buy players like Fabio and not those like Cavani. Buy young and develop to catch up the established sky 6.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perton none of us are disagreeing with you. Chiquinho is a development player and it will take time for him to reach a high standard. But right now yes losing traore has weakened the squad.
With the macquarrie loans and the experience of the last three windows it seems the investment has stopped.

Maybe they are selling up? But then why the burgeoning relationship between grasshoppers and ourselves.

The writing was on the wall with the jota sale. I can still see the finance men at the roundtable agreeing that 40 million was a good price. We all used to talk about 60 million minimum if we had to sell. So that's how it is. Who next, neto?neves?

L78

Reaction score
Perton none of us are disagreeing with you. Chiquinho is a development player and it will take time for him to reach a high standard. But right now yes losing traore has weakened the squad.
With the macquarrie loans and the experience of the last three windows it seems the investment has stopped.

Maybe they are selling up? But then why the burgeoning relationship between grasshoppers and ourselves.

The writing was on the wall with the jota sale. I can still see the finance men at the roundtable agreeing that 40 million was a good price. We all used to talk about 60 million minimum if we had to sell. So that's how it is. Who next, neto?neves?
That's the nature of the beast when the big clubs come calling the better wolves players will want to play at the highest level competing for domestic and European trophies. when we have these players got to make the most and try to achieve things before there off

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The difference between being a fan and being in business. Realistically finishing in the top ten is a massive achievement for Wolves. Running the club with such a small squad isn't capable of competing any higher over a season. Fosun are aware and aren't going to commit the funds required to attempt to close that gap unless we can be self funding by buying low and selling big. A reality check from us fans and we should realise the level we are playing at now is still moving us slowly forward as a football club.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was the strategy with kawabe? Or is it a case if grasshoppers grow we grow. They will have to bring in a lot more quality if they want champions league.
I watched the game last week and the new chinese left back li leu looked fantastic. He is 29 though.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

This will annoy a few but just imagine if our owners had pushed out the boat for a Coutinho to come in last month. Someone like that would have made all the difference in my opinion and we would not have lost tonight with that sort of quality added to the squad.

As its is we signed Chiquinho and let Adama go. Chiquinho looked bright when he came on tonight but will take time to just like Trincao and Fabio who between them have scored no goals this season.

Quality added to quality will get you somewhere. Unfortunately it seems to me that Shi and Fosun have forgotten this.

If Bruno had been backed properly I am convinced we would be in the 5th round of the FA Cup and we wouldnt have lost tonight.
Coutinho isn't the right kind of signing. Class player but injury risk and massive wages would hamper us long term

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met a Newcastle supporter today and he asked why we sold Traore and didn't sign anyone as we were 8th and flying but needed to score goals .

I suppose it was down to money. But it was clear that decision looked odd to an outsider.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Met a Newcastle supporter today and he asked why we sold Traore and didn't sign anyone as we were 8th and flying but needed to score goals .

I suppose it was down to money. But it was clear that decision looked odd to an outsider.
nail on head

he's an outsider and knows **** all about Wolves, personally I would have told him to **** off and mind his own business which is primarily pretending that he's happy that Eddie Howe is the one attempting to keep them in the league

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
nail on head

he's an outsider and knows **** all about Wolves, personally I would have told him to **** off and mind his own business which is primarily pretending that he's happy that Eddie Howe is the one attempting to keep them in the league
I'm sure this is tongue in cheek, but I really enjoy talking to fans of other teams in chance meetings. When I'm wearing my Wolves hat or coat in Newcastle for work I nearly always get stopped and asked about Wolves (our iconic and easily recognisable badge helps). Everyone has been warm and friendly. Had conversations with loads of Newcastle fans, but also fans of Sunderland, Man United, Norwich, Chelsea but to name a few. Waterstones in Newcastle is a hotbed of football chat! Got talking to a Wolves fan wearing a Wolves face mask a while back and also got talking to an Irish guy who supported Linford who had visited George Best's childhood bedroom (apparently it has been restored exactly as it was in his old house) who told me about the Wolves kit on his bed.

Talking to fans of other teams in other places is nearly always a positive experience experience. Football is great for connecting strangers. Can't stand mealy mouthed fans who see supporters of all other teams as the enemy.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an Internet forum, I’m allowed
Agree mate and thinking about it you’re right.

Next time someone who isn’t a Wolves fan asks me about one of our players I’m going to kick him in the balls, tie him up, throw him in the back of the car, drive to the nearest high bridge and throw the **** over the side. ****ing outsiders making conversation.

Last edited:

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree mate and thinking about it you’re right.

Next time someone who isn’t a Wolves fan asks me about one of our players I’m going to kick him the balls, tie him up, throw him in the back of the car, drive to the nearest high bridge and throw the **** over the side. ****ing outsiders making conversation.
Now you’re getting it!

Reaction score
If the strategy of Fosun is to buy, develop and move young players on at substantial mark ups, both within and outside of the first team squad then the exceptional profits have to be invested in improving the quality of the first team squad. Any other use has the consequence of undermining the credibility of the owners ambitions . Should the credibility disappear then support declines, quality players will question the ambition and leave or refuse to join us and support ill decline further, it then becomes a vicious circle of deterioration.

Player trading to maximise profits for owners is therefore a fundamentally flawed model.

I do not see evidence of Fosun utilising this strategy currently, so I believe they deserve the benefit of the doubt and should be given time to continue the excellent improvement achieved to date .

I am somewhat confused by the omission to sign a midfielder and a forward in January . We were in a fantastic situation to become a top 6 side and even beyond. January's inactivity was obviously part of the plan because they stated pre January/early Jan that we wouldnt be doing much business(Scott Sellars I think). A massive missed opportunity inmho. I hope that hasn't made Ruben's and Bruno's mind up for them. I also hope that one day the reason for their decision to make us weaker becomes apparent.

I continue to put my faith in Fosun until they prove unworthy . They are very far from that point at the moment , however they may have shot themselves in the foot with the mission statement of the happiness division!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But isn’t that how most owners view the clubs they own? I doubt they pay too much heed to the fans’ emotional wants or desires.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are a disgrace.

Who knows what would have happened but they didn't even try. Needs an explanation. Why? Why would you not even try to do well? I don't get it, I really don't.
Maybe you don’t get it because your definition of ‘doing well’ is different from theirs? I’m not saying you’re wrong but don’t forget from day one they said the want Wolves to be self sustaining. With that philosophy comes financial limitations.
See, I’m lucky and have never, ever lost sight of that and that why I see the glass as 7/10 full. To me the’re doing exactly as they said they would , ( so far anyway).
Every window I see new players coming in. Every window. I’m realistic….I know we can’t afford the huge wages that the big stars get, so I don’t get my hopes up.

But the lack of goals is part of the reason some fans are annoyed at Jeff. If we were doing better, I think some of the negativity wouldn’t be so prevalent.
I wonder how Jeff views our goal drought. He‘s gotta be giving it a lot of serious thought…..like a lot!

Back
Top Bottom