Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Site Downtime.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
apologies for the site down time the server people are a massive sack of $$$$.

its back up for now but for how long i cant guarantee, we will be moving providers ASAP so please bare with us.

D

Dorset DeWolf

Thought I'd been banned and this was some new technology u had!!

S

SCB

It's not about downtime - its about up-time

BOD - could you give us a hint about when the MolMix site will be open for business on a regular basis.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I've just changed a few settings see how this goes...

B

Bostin

Seems alright now. Can't have the site down on transfer deadline day!!

S

spud3948

Bod appreciate your efforts trying to keep the site functioning on the busiest transfer day of the year!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
it's holding up so far.....

i know what causes the crash on the server, just needed to find what caused the cause. I think i know now.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Bod, very frustrating though. Appreciate not your fault.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i know what causes the crash on the server, just needed to find what caused the cause. I think i know now.

It it caused by the server bracing itself for the extra workload when North West Wanderer and StefanWolves log on at the same time?

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I want a refund......... on my electricity..
I unplugged my router last night, i restarted my phone......
Boooooo Server provider sucks big time.. !!

Maybe the host box is in USA ?

grumpy old wolf

Reaction score
Thanks for all your efforts , really missed the site when I couldn't log on.
How would we manage without our daily fix

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I want a refund......... on my electricity..
I unplugged my router last night, i restarted my phone......
Boooooo Server provider sucks big time.. !!

Maybe the host box is in USA ?

I think, only think it's down to logs on the server, i think someone had changed a setting which saved way more of them which was using up far too much memory. I've changed those settings and removed a whole host of old ones so hopefully it will hold up now. Plus it didnt help at the same time a massive jump in logins! :)

Cross your fingers.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Presume you've tried turning it off and one again. Or alternatively, hitting whatever needs to be hit extremely hard on the bottom left hand corner.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
thanks again for all your efforts bod - you must be frustrated, but it's very appreciated up in manchester...

:wavey:

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
trying to do things in between your normal job isnt easy!

S

Sandwell Wolf

Doing your hardest to keep the site online is much appreciated.

I'm going mad here when I can't get on... Any other day I wouldn't mind but I'm off work and watching SSN whilst scouring the Internet for transfer scoops! Sad I know, but hey, what can you do?

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think, only think it's down to logs on the server, i think someone had changed a setting which saved way more of them which was using up far too much memory. I've changed those settings and removed a whole host of old ones so hopefully it will hold up now. Plus it didnt help at the same time a massive jump in logins! :)

Cross your fingers.

Might help deleting old (Very) logs (post) this could save some space on your server, not using it up.
I know it's a task, but i'm sure your upto it :D

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Might help deleting old (Very) logs (post) this could save some space on your server, not using it up.
I know it's a task, but i'm sure your upto it :D

currently the problem we are having is with the memory usage it keeps spiking leading it to crash. i have deleted the logs, it sort of helped for a but but im currently having to restart the server every couple of minutes to keep the site running!

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
currently the problem we are having is with the memory usage it keeps spiking leading it to crash. i have deleted the logs, it sort of helped for a but but im currently having to restart the server every couple of minutes to keep the site running :eek::eek:!

Spiking i presume will be due to amount of people hitting the server at same time (Guest included) and the amount of traffic coming in.
But having to restart the server is not right.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
nope its a pain and ive got to drive home from telford in a bit so it will probably break in a bit.

strangely the memory usage doesnt seem to always correspond to users.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
nope its a pain and ive got to drive home from telford in a bit so it will probably break in a bit.

strangely the memory usage doesnt seem to always correspond to users.

Are you using a control panel to montor it ? If so make sure you have not been hacked.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
yep a control panel. i am starting to wonder.

I have turned off all the other forums now hopefully that may help.

I apologise if the site goes down again in a short while it will be due to me driving home!

306NOTOUT

Cant we do what we used to do and make the site visable to registered users only rather than guests to cut down on the traffic

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think deleting a lot of the the other forums is going to help.
But problem with a control panels is they can be hacked with right tools.
We had our gaming website hacked and also our servers we played on, due to control panels password being obtained.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
the problem is the same problem we had two/three years ago but convincing the server people of this is always an uphill struggle. As i said we will be moving asap to somewhere we know understands our site and usage. So chances are it will be down again in about an hour unless they finally listen to us! :) or i sit and keep restarting the server before the memory runs out!!

i will have a look at turning off the guest viewing to see if it helps for the time being, then once fixed it'll go back to being viewable.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I think deleting a lot of the the other forums is going to help.
But problem with a control panels is they can be hacked with right tools.
We had our gaming website hacked and also our servers we played on, due to control panels password being obtained.

havent deleted them just turned them all off, just in case anyone was concerned they may have lost anything.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved the joke on the other forum. Apparently we're bringing Andy Roddick out of retirement because we need a good server!

Back
Top Bottom