Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva/Hoever

optimuswolf

Reaction score
Hoever was on the 2019 list in 23rd place. Seems like he's a perennial on such lists. MGW was on the 2019 list in 10th place - wonder what happened to him! Additionally, our own Leonardo Campana was on the 2019 list in 42nd place. I guess there are as many failures as successes when making what are subjective appraisals of young players.
If you think about it, being in the top 50 for your age group doesn't mean that much.

Before considering the fact that its a prediction and therefore lots will not progress (and others not on the list will) 50 a year covers about 700 current players, which is 60 starting x1s or 30 squads. A player on this list having a decent career might end up as a squad player for a team like wolves or wolfsburg and not be underachieving.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing I like most about Silva is his courage, it would be easy for someone of his age who has had the experience of missing chances and getting pelters on here to go into his shell and hide during games. But he has that instinct, like Bully had, that no matter how many times he misses he will still try to get in the right position to score. Makes me believe that he has the mental aptitude to succeed at the top level and the physical side will come with time.

Agree with this. He's 18, but his mentality is superb. He seems to be very thick skinned and has that single mindedness that any great striker needs. To pick up the ball and score the penalty against Burnley showed his bottle.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't Traore and Neves on the 2015 one?

There's links to other years at the top of the 2017 article. Neves is on the 2014 list (born 1997). Traore would have been eligible for the 2013 list (born 1996), but I don't think there is one as it looks like it started in 2014.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think we should sign Nuno Mendes. Not sure if he's any good but would confuse the tabloids. Nuno wanted Nuno so Wolves asked Mendes to arrange to sign Mendes. If it wasn't for the relationship with Mendes then Mendes wouldn't have wanted to sign and you can't ignore the Nuno factor either.
That would indeed be **** housery on a par with our Portuguese third kit this season

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would put him in every game from now until the end of the season. I think he'll score a bucket load.
I wouldn't. Raul is due back and it would be harsh on him to lose his place, especially as he needs to be eased back into our team ready for next season. In any case, starting Fabio in every match for 90 minutes still wouldn't 'score a bucket load'. Our best return for a striker over a full season is Raul who didn't score a 'bucket load' as we don't create a 'bucket load' of chances.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't. Raul is due back and it would be harsh on him to lose his place, especially as he needs to be eased back into our team ready for next season. In any case, starting Fabio in every match for 90 minutes still wouldn't 'score a bucket load'. Our best return for a striker over a full season is Raul who didn't score a 'bucket load' as we don't create a 'bucket load' of chances.
I don't buy that about us not creating a bucket load of chances. Raul last season had 120ish shots; most of them in the penalty area. 17 goals from 38 games to me is a bucket load. Anything close to 1 in 2 for a striker is fantastic.

And Fabio's return ain't that bad considering the minutes of football he has played. If the alternative is the utterly shambolic Jose,( who incidentally is physically weaker and slower than Fabio Silva at age 29) I say stick him in.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't buy that about us not creating a bucket load of chances. Raul last season had 120ish shots; most of them in the penalty area. 17 goals from 38 games to me is a bucket load. Anything close to 1 in 2 for a striker is fantastic.

And Fabio's return ain't that bad considering the minutes of football he has played. If the alternative is the utterly shambolic Jose,( who incidentally is physically weaker and slower than Fabio Silva at age 29) I say stick him in.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on the term 'bucket load', then.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think we should sign Nuno Mendes. Not sure if he's any good but would confuse the tabloids. Nuno wanted Nuno so Wolves asked Mendes to arrange to sign Mendes. If it wasn't for the relationship with Mendes then Mendes wouldn't have wanted to sign and you can't ignore the Nuno factor either.
Playing left back for the full Portugese side tonight!

Back
Top Bottom