Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva/Hoever

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is purely based on his price tag as much as I want the kid to do well. He has a lot of improvements to make to his game!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is purely based on his price tag as much as I want the kid to do well. He has a lot of improvements to make to his game!
He has, but shouldn’t be playing so much in the first team at the moment. Take away the price tag and he’s getting in all the right positions. Once he fills out and can bully defenders a bit more then we’ll see the best of him I think.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should definitely be looking at a couple of other players on that list... Eduardo quaresma and Joelson Fernándes both at sporting.......Eduardo a centre back is probably the more likely.....

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was from last years list where he was 21st: -

#21 Fabio Silva | Porto​

Porto lost Fabio Silva to Benfica for a couple of years but managed to persuade the striker to return in 2017 and are now reaping the rewards, with the 17-year-old having since become the club's youngest ever player and goalscorer.
Silva has also signed a contract with the Dragons until 2025 that features a €125m (£105m/$139m) buyout clause, and it is not difficult to see someone activating it one day, given this is a player that Sporting C.P. legend Manuel Fernandes believes is similar to Cristiano Ronaldo at the same age.

So they must have seen something in him before we signed him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was from last years list where he was 21st: -

#21 Fabio Silva | Porto​

Porto lost Fabio Silva to Benfica for a couple of years but managed to persuade the striker to return in 2017 and are now reaping the rewards, with the 17-year-old having since become the club's youngest ever player and goalscorer.
Silva has also signed a contract with the Dragons until 2025 that features a €125m (£105m/$139m) buyout clause, and it is not difficult to see someone activating it one day, given this is a player that Sporting C.P. legend Manuel Fernandes believes is similar to Cristiano Ronaldo at the same age.

So they must have seen something in him before we signed him.
I’m yet to see one step over from Fabio Silva

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind lists - I want to see evidence of their status on the field. Silva has a hell of a long way to go from what I have seen so far. Hoever has shown promise and expect him to mature quite fast.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind lists - I want to see evidence of their status on the field. Silva has a hell of a long way to go from what I have seen so far. Hoever has shown promise and expect him to mature quite fast.

Out of curiosity what you seen from Hoever that has shown promise & to mature quite fast, as opposed to Silva who "has a hell of a long way to go"?

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just shows what a dearth of talent there is at present.

Reactions: Ian

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think we should sign Nuno Mendes. Not sure if he's any good but would confuse the tabloids. Nuno wanted Nuno so Wolves asked Mendes to arrange to sign Mendes. If it wasn't for the relationship with Mendes then Mendes wouldn't have wanted to sign and you can't ignore the Nuno factor either.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we should sign Nuno Mendes. Not sure if he's any good but would confuse the tabloids. Nuno wanted Nuno so Wolves asked Mendes to arrange to sign Mendes. If it wasn't for the relationship with Mendes then Mendes wouldn't have wanted to sign and you can't ignore the Nuno factor either.
He is a cracking player..... Left back... Just got in Portugal squad..

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looking at the list see most play for European clubs, very few playing in the prem

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

He certainly hasn’t set the Premier League on fire this year but he has really been thrown in at the deep end.

ive seen enough of his skill, calmness and courage to believe he will prove to be a fantastic signing.

He gets chances every time he plays, even though we barely create any and he only plays the last 20 minutes. There’s something special about that. I’m really excited to see him develop.

LetTheBullLoose

Reaction score
He certainly hasn’t set the Premier League on fire this year but he has really been thrown in at the deep end.

ive seen enough of his skill, calmness and courage to believe he will prove to be a fantastic signing.

He gets chances every time he plays, even though we barely create any and he only plays the last 20 minutes. There’s something special about that. I’m really excited to see him develop.
Yes. Yes. And yes again.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gets chances whenever he comes on , you can’t teach someone to be in the right place at the right time , what you can teach them is the repetition of burying those chances and not snatching at them , bloke I work with is a Newcastle fan and he says they’d paid 40m for joelinton who would never be in any of the positions silva gets in to get the chances , he will come good ...

Wswolf

Reaction score
It would be hard to put silva in the top 50 wolves players at the club im including the u23s and u18s he cant hit a barn door

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gets chances whenever he comes on , you can’t teach someone to be in the right place at the right time , what you can teach them is the repetition of burying those chances and not snatching at them , bloke I work with is a Newcastle fan and he says they’d paid 40m for joelinton who would never be in any of the positions silva gets in to get the chances , he will come good ...
I would brng in Mir for his physical attributes and then squeeze Silva inside him and we would have one hell of a striker. Problem solved and a better hairstyle. :D

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be hard to put silva in the top 50 wolves players at the club im including the u23s and u18s he cant hit a barn door

Silva has a lot to learn but he can hit the target - he's already proved that. And at 18 too.

Anyway, I remember the Cowshed quite clearly but can't recall a barn being there as well.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing I like most about Silva is his courage, it would be easy for someone of his age who has had the experience of missing chances and getting pelters on here to go into his shell and hide during games. But he has that instinct, like Bully had, that no matter how many times he misses he will still try to get in the right position to score. Makes me believe that he has the mental aptitude to succeed at the top level and the physical side will come with time.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever was on the 2019 list in 23rd place. Seems like he's a perennial on such lists. MGW was on the 2019 list in 10th place - wonder what happened to him! Additionally, our own Leonardo Campana was on the 2019 list in 42nd place. I guess there are as many failures as successes when making what are subjective appraisals of young players.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the list or put much faith in such things but I imagine its more to do with how much hype there is around certain players rather than their skill levels.
And without trying to stick the boot into Fabio again , yes Silva is young and obviously has " something" But for a supposed once in a generation talent you would expect such a player to break into a team and be a stand out.
Hoever hard to make judgment on so little game time.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the list or put much faith in such things but I imagine its more to do with how much hype there is around certain players rather than their skill levels.
And without trying to stick the boot into Fabio again , yes Silva is young and obviously has " something" But for a supposed once in a generation talent you would expect such a player to break into a team and be a stand out.
Hoever hard to make judgment on so little game time.
Why would you expect him to do that at such a tender age and in probably the hardest position on a pitch playing up top on your own.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you expect him to do that at such a tender age and in probably the hardest position on a pitch playing up top on your own.
Wonder how Mbappe would have done if he were in Silva’s place at the same age.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing up top on his own and getting 10 mins a game? Probably the same.

The hardest role in modern football by far is playing up top on your own and asking a kid to do it is chucking him under the bus a bit. Im struggling to think of one player under 23 who plays up top on his own and stands out.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would probably struggle in our team, but as he's the youngest player to 100 goals in Ligue 1, would suggest he would do better than Fabio.

Back
Top Bottom