Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Shrewsbury Attendance

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Uncle Festa and reans. If you come to Molineux via the subway, maybe an idea to buy a match badge (which shows the date) from the stall to your left opposite The Wanderer. Think they cost 2,50. A nice keepsake for your daughter's first game..

Or a bag of scratching from the bloke selling them out of a basket at the other end. Mmmmm. :D

R

reanswolf

Nice idea berlin.

When I took my lad to his first game he was 4 (and even that is not too early I know!), but it was the noise that scared him. We sometimes take it for granted that it is just fun. Seeing goals cored on TV and having 20,000 scream "yes" when we score a goal, are two very different things.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good idea Berlin. Last pin badge I got from there was in 1988. Had double winners on it after we did the Sherpa Van/Division 4 Title. Back to the Shrewsbury fans - many of them have given up on the team and despair at the style of football now being played after Turner left. One oif their fans was telling me yesterday that the club would prefer to be in League 2 as they get bigger crowds when they are chasing promotion rather than fighting relegation in League 1.

R

reanswolf

Good idea Berlin. Last pin badge I got from there was in 1988. Had double winners on it after we did the Sherpa Van/Division 4 Title. Back to the Shrewsbury fans - many of them have given up on the team and despair at the style of football now being played after Turner left. One oif their fans was telling me yesterday that the club would prefer to be in League 2 as they get bigger crowds when they are chasing promotion rather than fighting relegation in League 1.

Sounds a familiar train of thought Unc.

At the end of the day my weekends are so much better with Wolves winning.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Around 21,000 would be my estimate.

Proud to have an average of 20,000+ in the third tier, not many clubs around Europe could say that. Maybe Glasgow Rangers?

Get's me when other clubs fans saying now that it this was always going to happen and we'd win easily. Not with our old crop of players still here we wouldn't.

D

Dewsburywolf

Should be encouraging more folks down with the likelihood of the winning run not only being beaten but smashed out of sight. Come on people this team deserves your support regardless of how you might feel about the last two seasons

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My 8 1/2 yr old daughter and me have season tickets in North Bank.
I asked her if she wanted to go in South Bank for a game and she looked at me in terror.
"Too noisy Dad, they are worse than the away fans"
Still she is up and punching the air to "Hi Ho Wolverhampton" everytime they play it.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be encouraging more folks down with the likelihood of the winning run not only being beaten but smashed out of sight. Come on people this team deserves your support regardless of how you might feel about the last two seasons

Hear hear

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely, couldn't agree more, we should be pushing 25000 for remaining home games

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Proud to have an average of 20,000+ in the third tier, not many clubs around Europe could say that. Maybe Glasgow Rangers?

Get's me when other clubs fans saying now that it this was always going to happen and we'd win easily. Not with our old crop of players still here we wouldn't.

We are a long way behind Rangers support, their current average is 42,763 in the Scottish third tier.

E

Essex Wolf

We are a long way behind Rangers support, their current average is 42,763 in the Scottish third tier.

Which is very impressive and could not be denied but who else is there to support for many folk?

Scottish football, for me at least, is utter dross and amongst the worst I've ever seen for so called professionals. Rangers have 77 points from a possible 81 and I can well see them achieving similar next season as well such is the dearth of any competition. Rangers supporters pretty much by and large know that most every game they play will end in a win for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolvesultra

Agreed those who are able please attend! Join the League 1 championship winning party

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we are sticking the Shrewsbury fans in the north bank quadrant lower or upper then rather than the lower of the Steve bull.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

E

Essex Wolf

Hope we are sticking the Shrewsbury fans in the north bank quadrant lower or upper then rather than the lower of the Steve bull.

From what I read earlier PW seems the away following will be very poor and if so no need to put them in the SB although I accept that decision will already have been made.

W

wolvesultra

From what I read earlier PW seems the away following will be very poor and if so no need to put them in the SB although I accept that decision will already have been made.

Theyve not used the Quadrant for some time regardless of the size of following (with the exception of using it in addition to the SB Lower that is)

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When I first took my youngest daughter with us, Swindon in the Coke Cup iirc, she was about 5. In extra time she turned to me and said "Dad, this is the worst thing I've ever done in my life!". It wasn't the best of games for me either.

Also, on the way to the game, I said to her "Now, you're not going to make a noise in the match are you?" which she replies by shaking her head "no". :)

D

Deleted member 3604

I think those who buy tickets for the remaining home games should be entitled to ST's at early bird prices. If they buy a package for the remainder of the season discount the tickets to current ST average prices.

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Back on topic..... 22,391

And slightly off topic. Do you think they might open the temp stand for the last home game. Try and break the 30k barrier? or is this not possible for some reason?

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

And slightly off topic. Do you think they might open the temp stand for the last home game. Try and break the 30k barrier? or is this not possible for some reason?

Would depend if its economically viable. As far as im aware it hasn't got a safety certificate for this season, so would it bring in enough revenue to pass this for one game and also pay the extra staff needed? Also are the portaloos still there, as again if not that will be an extra cost. Some people might say what is a small loss to entice extra fans into the ground but i would say if these bandwagon jumpers couldn't be bothered earlier in the season why should the club bother with them now?

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice idea berlin.

When I took my lad to his first game he was 4 (and even that is not too early I know!), but it was the noise that scared him. We sometimes take it for granted that it is just fun. Seeing goals cored on TV and having 20,000 scream "yes" when we score a goal, are two very different things.

Took my 6yr old lad (on his birthday) to Gillingham h (6-0), he loved it. the following year, I took him to the procession around town following the playoff final win and into the ground (south bank) it was so loud when Sir Jack walked into the ground, he started crying and I had to take him out! He apologised last month funnily enough. Still he's a season ticket holder now , so alls well etc !

23450 !

T

The Dowg

I have already made enquiries with the club regarding getting 30K in the ground. It IS possible if the away side agree to the smallest allocation in the corner. It was suggested that we "target" the Peterborough game for a 30K crowd.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn't Steve Morgan said in the past he would be happy to speak to potential new investors ? Maybe sir jack wants a stake back in the club ...

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have already made enquiries with the club regarding getting 30K in the ground. It IS possible if the away side agree to the smallest allocation in the corner. It was suggested that we "target" the Peterborough game for a 30K crowd.

But it has already been confirmed (on our website at least) that Peterborough are having the Steve Bull lower tier.

T

The Dowg

Would depend if its economically viable. As far as im aware it hasn't got a safety certificate for this season, so would it bring in enough revenue to pass this for one game and also pay the extra staff needed? Also are the portaloos still there, as again if not that will be an extra cost. Some people might say what is a small loss to entice extra fans into the ground but i would say if these bandwagon jumpers couldn't be bothered earlier in the season why should the club bother with them now?

So now if you attend a home game for the first time in a while you are a Bandwaggon Jumper??
If we got promoted back to the PL, by your logic, would only the 19K hardy souls that have stuck with the team all season be welcomed in the ground by you?

Wolves FC has got it's PR a bit wrong in the last couple of years, but all I can say is Thank God you are not our Public Relations Officer. Your life, or rather that of the people around you, must be awful.

Oh no, I've bitten again. This Albion fan, troll is at it again. d'oh.

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So now if you attend a home game for the first time in a while you are a Bandwaggon Jumper??
If we got promoted back to the PL, by your logic, would only the 19K hardy souls that have stuck with the team all season be welcomed in the ground by you?

Wolves FC has got it's PR a bit wrong in the last couple of years, but all I can say is Thank God you are not our Public Relations Officer. Your life, or rather that of the people around you, must be awful.

Oh no, I've bitten again. This Albion fan, troll is at it again. d'oh.

No not at all. If you remember our promotion/championship winning season from 2008/9, for our last home match of the season v Doncaster in which we got presented with the trophy the club decided (and rightly so) to use the loyalty points system. it even went down from 100 points, to 50 points and then down in increments of 10 points (40, 30, etc) to put a stop to bandwagon jumpers. I would use this system again if needs be, but according to the website this isn't the case.

I also take exception to you calling me an Albion fan and that comments says more about yourself than it does me when you don't even know who i am. You also conveniently decide to swerve the question which i posted about would it be economically viable to open the temporary stand, but instead try to pick things out and criticise what i did say. Anyway if it's only possible to achieve a 30k+ plus crowd with away fans only having the smallest corner allocation then that probably suggests that it can't/won't be used this season for the reasons i stated.

D

Deleted member 4099

Surely the Carlisle game would be best suited to this. Being the last game of the season so plenty of time to get it out there and they will only bring 6-700 max.

D

Deleted member 4099

No not at all. If you remember our promotion/championship winning season from 2008/9, for our last home match of the season v Doncaster in which we got presented with the trophy the club decided (and rightly so) to use the loyalty points system. it even went down from 100 points, to 50 points and then down in increments of 10 points (40, 30, etc) to put a stop to bandwagon jumpers. I would use this system again if needs be, but according to the website this isn't the case.

I also take exception to you calling me an Albion fan and that comments says more about yourself than it does me when you don't even know who i am. You also conveniently decide to swerve the question which i posted about would it be economically viable to open the temporary stand, but instead try to pick things out and criticise what i did say. Anyway if it's only possible to achieve a 30k+ plus crowd with away fans only having the smallest corner allocation then that probably suggests that it can't/won't be used this season for the reasons i stated.

I take exception to almost everything you post but hey ho it's a forum and apparently everyone is entitled to there opinion.

T

The Dowg

Kiddy, sorry if my tongue-in-cheek remark offended you so. Trust me, you can't be as offended as my friends and I have been about the negativity thrown our way by a select few lately for trying to get more people attending.
Talking of offending people. How about the guy who lost his job in the recession, has been struggling to pay the bills but manages to scrape enough money to watch his beloved team play just once - only to be labelled as a Bandwaggon Jumper and made to feel like a lower class fan? Just have a little think before you make sweeping comments.
And there's nothing wrong with jumping on a bandwaggon unless you were the first on the waggon and you wanted it just to yourself.

Back to Peterborough...
IF Peterborough sell enough tickets, we can reach 30K. It would have been easier if they just had the corner but still possible. This is part of an email I received from the ticket office..
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]As for a home 30k we can get there if the visiting fans play their part and with advance notice the advertising banners can be removed for upper SB to be available, Peterborough would be my choice for a home campaign.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]So not swerving your question at all. Just finding the email. The covers have already been taken off the temp stand, maybe in preparation for using, maybe not.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]So with a bit of encouragement we could get 30K or a crowd approaching that. That's if it's Ok by you.[/FONT][/FONT]

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kiddy, sorry if my tongue-in-cheek remark offended you so. Trust me, you can't be as offended as my friends and I have been about the negativity thrown our way by a select few lately for trying to get more people attending.
Talking of offending people. How about the guy who lost his job in the recession, has been struggling to pay the bills but manages to scrape enough money to watch his beloved team play just once - only to be labelled as a Bandwaggon Jumper and made to feel like a lower class fan? Just have a little think before you make sweeping comments.
And there's nothing wrong with jumping on a bandwaggon unless you were the first on the waggon and you wanted it just to yourself.

Back to Peterborough...
IF Peterborough sell enough tickets, we can reach 30K. It would have been easier if they just had the corner but still possible. This is part of an email I received from the ticket office..
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]As for a home 30k we can get there if the visiting fans play their part and with advance notice the advertising banners can be removed for upper SB to be available, Peterborough would be my choice for a home campaign.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]So not swerving your question at all. Just finding the email. The covers have already been taken off the temp stand, maybe in preparation for using, maybe not.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]So with a bit of encouragement we could get 30K or a crowd approaching that. That's if it's Ok by you.[/FONT][/FONT]

Well with the game already on general sale lets get the ball rolling. Like i said ive always said i would rather us have 30k+ for a home game rather than taking 10k away, so i will fully support this.

T

The Dowg

Surely the Carlisle game would be best suited to this. Being the last game of the season so plenty of time to get it out there and they will only bring 6-700 max.

Nick, I would have thought so too but as per my post above, the Ticket office seem to think Peterborough. Maybe they are thinking the last game would attract a big crowd anyway.

Let's go for both!!!

T

The Dowg

Well with the game already on general sale lets get the ball rolling. Like i said ive always said i would rather us have 30k+ for a home game rather than taking 10k away, so i will fully support this.

Well it looks like we have found something to agree on! (Apart from the MK bit) :shakehands:
Let's get it on.

#Posh30K

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got my Posh tickets. Should have my beard grown by then as well in recognition of the unbeaten run.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why can't we do both ?

R

reanswolf

The only chance of getting 30,000 IMO is the last game (Carlisle), it needs a bit of constructive publicity from the club!

B

Brizzle Lad In Peace

Went last week up to Shrewsbury, we brung 1300 fans which was very good, they managed to scrape just over 4k at home. They won't bring many. Poor fanbase

B

Brizzle Lad In Peace

Has anyone ever been to Shrewsbury? Its just a town full of big team fans such as your man uniteds, chelseas, arsenals, citys. I think i have even seen a Leeds United coach going through before saying Shrewsbury Whites or something. Lots of Wolves fans as well.

You'd laugh a them at home, a fairly nice new ground, and it is half empty. Rows and rows open with no-one in sight.

W

wolvesultra

I understand this was as Peterborough would bring less fans (therefore presumed they meant they would be in the Quadrant) but as per the OS they are in the SB Lower. Surely that means if you want to target 30,000 it will require a game were the aways fans are going to bring plenty AND the club to open up the temp stand etc. Don't forget Orient had a decent following and home areas were sold out but was less than 30k

W

wolvesultra

Nick, I would have thought so too but as per my post above, the Ticket office seem to think Peterborough. Maybe they are thinking the last game would attract a big crowd anyway.

Let's go for both!!!

yeah and they want you to do you promotional work for them!!

I'd go with the Carlisle game as you say will attract a bitg crowd anyway so its more acheivable in my view.

Back
Top Bottom