Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Shrewsbury Attendance

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just checked ticket sales for Saturday and they appear to be moving quite well. Current situation is:

JH - 10 Areas, 6 Black (+ S2 Grey already)
SB - 8 Areas, 3 Black
SC - 8 Areas, 6 Black
BW - 19 Areas, 11 Black

Could be comfortably above 20k, especially if we can win at Swindon and Shrewsbury get a good take up of their allocation.

With the attractive football being played and the excellent run of results the lads certainly deserve our backing.

D

Deleted member 4099

I'm expecting them to increase quite a bit from now on. With a full house in there somewhere.

E

Essex Wolf

Could be about 22000, maybe even a little higher.

If Shrewsbury have a similar following to Port Vale and with another good win under their belts since then can easily see 22k and I'd hope for more but then again some past supporters are still staying away sadly:confused:

E

Essex Wolf

Shrewsbury fans not confident of bringing many, with them saying they will be lucky to sell 2k.

Even with them in the drop zone that still seems a poor following for such a short journey. If it is that low just hope that Wolves support turns out in force. Local derby and doing well I'd like to see the team start to get the backing they deserve. That's not a knock at those who do turn up but more a case of wanting those still staying away to give it a go.

D

Dewsburywolf

First game in the 3 for £50 deal (Colchester game not included due to seperate offer) so that ought to bump the crowd up somewhat

W

wolfyjoe

I still can't understand why we're not getting much more than 20k.. We got shed loads more when we were playing $$$$ in the Championship, didn't we? We're playing lovely football now, top of the league and scoring goals! Plus it's cheaper! I'm surprised we're not getting at least 5k more every week.

O

Oaky65

I cant see them bringing many more than a thousand tbh.
I work with a couple of Shrewsbury fans and theyve lost interest

E

Essex Wolf

I still can't understand why we're not getting much more than 20k.. We got shed loads more when we were playing $$$$ in the Championship, didn't we? We're playing lovely football now, top of the league and scoring goals! Plus it's cheaper! I'm surprised we're not getting at least 5k more every week.

This is what is and has crossed my mind a few times now.

Most every game where there's a crowd prediction thread I get it wrong through my expectancy. Maybe it's taking longer than expected to reignite the passion so many lost?

D

Dewsburywolf

You`re not the only one, maybe night games you could understand (especially on cold winter nights) but why would you pay more to see us invariably get beaten as opposed to now when we`re more likely to be winning games? Or do people only come to watch the opposition?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One of the issues is once you stop going and start finding other things to do and spend your money on then it can be difficult to get back into the habit of attending.

Many have said, previously, that once the habit is broken then the paying supporter is lost and, IMO, there's some truth in that.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honesty,we should be getting bigger crowds now.playing great football,etc.and looking at pompy,a club in a lower league and struggling,and they got 17254,on Saturday,playin Cheltenham,i dow recon they took thousands,wim supposed to be a big club ay we.

R

reanswolf

I still think our gates are amazing considering we are 3rd division, a fact some people easily forget.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honesty,we should be getting bigger crowds now.playing great football,etc.and looking at pompy,a club in a lower league and struggling,and they got 17254,on Saturday,playin Cheltenham,i dow recon they took thousands,wim supposed to be a big club ay we.

They all own their club now tho !!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Going on Baboon's online sales observation, and with Shrewsbury bringing 1K to 2K, I say 22,050.

The 2M's are fortunate Kenny Jackett has masterminded the current team and position we're in.

I think average gates would have been a good 5/6,000 less than the near 20,000 they are, had we been half way or worse under Stale or Deano. It doesn't bear thinking about..

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shrewsbury have sold not far off 900.

Absolutely pathetic. Telford United would bring more.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see them bringing many more than a thousand tbh.
I work with a couple of Shrewsbury fans and theyve lost interest

Similar to what I ha be heard as well

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's half an hour away on the train.

No excuse for them not bringing at least 1,500.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what is and has crossed my mind a few times now.

Most every game where there's a crowd prediction thread I get it wrong through my expectancy. Maybe it's taking longer than expected to reignite the passion so many lost?

There are degrees of passion though. The most devoted will attend irrespective of the division we happen to be in. Fortunately we have many of these, which is one of the reasons why our home gates have been pretty good this season. There are others who are only attracted by games of at least Championship level and then there are the ones who only want "big occasion" football with the chance of seeing us turn over some of the big boys. If we do achieve promotion this season, we can expect see the return of many of those who prefer their football in the higher divisions but for whom the likes of Shrewsbury hold no attraction.

W

WellyWolf

Has anyone ever been to Shrewsbury? Its just a town full of big team fans such as your man uniteds, chelseas, arsenals, citys. I think i have even seen a Leeds United coach going through before saying Shrewsbury Whites or something. Lots of Wolves fans as well.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to Shrewsbury? Its just a town full of big team fans such as your man uniteds, chelseas, arsenals, citys. I think i have even seen a Leeds United coach going through before saying Shrewsbury Whites or something. Lots of Wolves fans as well.

In that case I expect Shrewsbury is fairly typical of most towns of its size.

L

Linighan's Own Goal

Most of the Shrewsbury fans giving it loads at the start of the season, are now strangely going off the idea of coming on Saturday.

They are expecting to get easily beaten and the general feeling round the club is pretty low. They've just employed the cheap option on the manager front, the team is made up almost entirely of loanees and are, in all honesty, in a league too high for the town/number of fans/finances they have.

Needless to say, if they get anything out of the game they'll dine out on it for the next twenty years!

R

reanswolf

Anyone thinking 900 is pathetic should recall that we took less than that to Stoke in the premiership.

When things are not going well fans disappear, its just the way things are everywhere.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our current average with 5 games to go is 19778 .

S

Smudgewolf

Not sure how many Shrewsbury will bring, I went to school there & still know some people, but there seems to be more mutterings pro/against the manager after something he has said (can't find owt on the web.) Losing to Brizzel on staurday didn't help them

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Update:

A second area (S3) now Grey, ie. sold out, in JH

Also two more areas now Black, one each in SB and BW.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Update:

A second area (S3) now Grey, ie. sold out, in JH

Also two more areas now Black, one each in SB and BW.

Thanks for the update, Baboon.

Online sales appear similar to the Port Vale game.

R

reanswolf

Depends how quickly sales go this week, but I would have thought slightly better for this game, so I expect 23000 though that depends on Shrews bringing a couple of thousand.

This is my little girls first Wolves match, left it late she is 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Depends how quickly sales go this week, but I would have thought slightly better for this game, so I expect 23000 though that depends on Shrews bringing a couple of thousand.

This is my little girls first Wolves match, left it late she is 6.

Have a great, great time, reans.

I have taken my daughter to a few games, and it is a great feeling when they come along to watch a game.

At the 3-2 Middlesbro game last season, my daughter was huddled up into my my partners lap not watching the game.. Was she ill, or worse :) bored? After about five minutes of glancing and wondering what was up, I asked her if something was wrong? She replied that the game was so exciting she couldn't watch! Fortunately, that was one of the best home games of the season..

R

reanswolf

Have a great, great time, reans.

I have taken my daughter to a few games, and it is a great feeling when they come along to watch a game.

At the 3-2 Middlesbro game last season, my daughter was huddled up into my my partners lap not watching the game.. Was she ill, or worse :) bored? After about five minutes of glancing and wondering what was up, I asked her if something was wrong? She replied that the game was so exciting she couldn't watch! Fortunately, that was one of the best home games of the season..

Ha like it!

Cheers mate.

I suspect my girl will be bored by half time, so I am resigned to her and her mom leaving at half time if worse comes to worse. Me and the lad will stay the distance of course.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Ha like it!

Cheers mate.

I suspect my girl will be bored by half time, so I am resigned to her and her mom leaving at half time if worse comes to worse. Me and the lad will stay the distance of course.

How weird is that, reans.

My daughter's first home game was v Fulham in the Prem at Molineux. She complained about the loud crowd noise, and put her fingers in her ears. So my partner took her out of the stadium at half-time, and they played on Molineux Alley, listening to how the game was going from there, and knew Fulham had equalised.

During the second half, I decided to try and listen to the noise coming off the 28,000 crowd through the ears of a child.. From not really noticing the general crowd noise, apart from the singing, I found it was indeed, loud. And it seem to echo off the stands.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great minds think alike Reans. This will be my youngests girls first game as well. She's 5 and is already taken the mickey out of her classmates who support Liverpool, Man United etc saying that they are glory hunters and dont go to the games!!! Shes even given the teacher grief as he supports Chelsea.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Uncle Festa and reans. If you come to Molineux via the subway, maybe an idea to buy a match badge (which shows the date) from the stall to your left opposite The Wanderer. Think they cost 2,50. A nice keepsake for your daughter's first game..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom