Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should Silva have someone else up front when we play 4 at the back.

Wolfhawk

Reaction score
eg 4-4-2 (As much as I hate it).

ie

Rui
Somedo, Coady, Sais, Ait-Nouri
Traore, Neves, Moutinho, Neto
Silva, Podence (or someone else)

What are everyone's thoughts? (Both for and against)

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa or jovic - yes . Then just go out wide to traore and cross cross cross

moutinho can’t play if we do that though

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I don’t think Silva should be playing at this level at all. Bar appearances off the bench.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but we dont have another striker on the books and dont even mention support off the bench if we did have 2 to change it.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
when playing 4 at the back neves and moutinho need to be moved ten yards further up the pitch, there is a massive gap between the centre mids and the attack in the centre of the park, the middle man in the 3 could/should drop back a couple of yards to dragged the front line which should help out and also create passing options.
As it is the plan for attack seems to be give neto podence or traore the ball to run with and see what happens.
If Nuno wants a more possession based game then this means we have to get back to the basics of pass and move and making sure the players are looking to move into space and drag defenders out of position for others to exploit.

one thing puzzling me is, with the pace we have, i can not remember the last time we have had anyone run onto, or even attempt, a diagonal through ball. There was an instance yesterday where traore could have played semedo through on goal but didn't. I'm not using this as an example to knock traore, but as one to highlight a part of the game we need to work on.

As good as they are running with the ball, and as exciting to watch as it can be at times, our attacking players need to put the work in on the training field of knowing when to pass and showing greater trust in one another.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
I think Raul would have struggled last night as he sometimes has done. We had a 18 year old isolated against three huge center halves. He looked frail and off the pace as he has a few times but I am convinced he will improve.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
when playing 4 at the back neves and moutinho need to be moved ten yards further up the pitch, there is a massive gap between the centre mids and the attack in the centre of the park, the middle man in the 3 could/should drop back a couple of yards to dragged the front line which should help out and also create passing options.
As it is the plan for attack seems to be give neto podence or traore the ball to run with and see what happens.
If Nuno wants a more possession based game then this means we have to get back to the basics of pass and move and making sure the players are looking to move into space and drag defenders out of position for others to exploit.

one thing puzzling me is, with the pace we have, i can not remember the last time we have had anyone run onto, or even attempt, a diagonal through ball. There was an instance yesterday where traore could have played semedo through on goal but didn't. I'm not using this as an example to knock traore, but as one to highlight a part of the game we need to work on.

As good as they are running with the ball, and as exciting to watch as it can be at times, our attacking players need to put the work in on the training field of knowing when to pass and showing greater trust in one another.
Running with the ball I something we have in abundance, for me we should be doing it more centrally rather than going out wide, even when we have Raul we should still be going more central. It makes defenders nervous and buys us more free kicks.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
eg 4-4-2 (As much as I hate it).

ie

Rui
Somedo, Coady, Sais, Ait-Nouri
Traore, Neves, Moutinho, Neto
Silva, Podence (or someone else)

What are everyone's thoughts? (Both for and against)
I do not like Neves Moutinho together in 442 but other that that it is an option if you a player who could win in the air not under any circumstances Podance

Back
Top Bottom