Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should I be worried

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Would we have accepted that Nuno play Ivan Cavaleirio over Raul? Did it make sense to play your back up keeper?
All teams play their back up goalie.
my point is you can’t say that nuno didn’t believe In the cup
We got to semi final of fa cup and quarter finals of Europa league cup

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is fair to be a little bit concerned about our future. Personally I don't think Fosun will be sticking around too much longer and then it is a lottery as to whether the next owners are good or bad. No doubt the expectations have been dialed back over the last couple of years and breaking the top six isn't any longer the realistic goal.
This is an interesting thought especially considering the rumour that they turned down a ownership bid from the Russian billionaire Fedun. It is of course highly possible that Fosun have sounded out potential suitors for a takeover, but these things are kept so watertight under NDAs that it’s very unlikely that information would get out.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All teams play their back up goalie.
my point is you can’t say that nuno didn’t believe In the cup
We got to semi final of fa cup and quarter finals of Europa league cup
Ok, but is it unfair of me to wonder if Nuno should have been more logical in his choice of keeper?
But we move on.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Ok, but is it unfair of me to wonder if Nuno should have been more logical in his choice of keeper?
But we move on.
It’s man management. What happens if Nuno says “I know you’ve played all the cup games John, but now it’s an important one I’m picking Rui”?

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm of the same vintage as the OP, and I'm curious as to what the new season holds for Wolves. The injury list already looks ominous and the perceived weaknesses in the team may be with us when we start the game against Leicester.
The truth is nothing we can do will alter the situation, but there have been many seasons in the past when we would have given an arm to be in this position.
So, I've adopted a 'sit back and enjoy the ride, however bumpy it may get'. However, curiosity could gravitate to concern if things go pear shaped, anything less would mean I no longer looked for any news of the team I have followed for almost 70yrs, and I hope that never happens.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Unless the aim is a title challenge, then he does not have valid concerns.

Again, I’m not doubting his love for the club and i didn’t for one second mean anything personally. I’m just saying it’s ridiculous to be worried given where we are as a club. Frustrated, yes, worried, absolutely not.
I think it is basically that many of us waited many years to have a side that could compete in the PL. We did for 2 years but have fallen away.

PL status is very important to many of us, and to lose it does affect our lives, and an element of our happiness and how we feel about ourselves on a daily basis.

To lose this would be a big blow. A relegation fight is stress we don't need.

I understand that that isn't the way for all of us, but for many of us, particularly those of us that had to endure the 80's and 90's we tend to be of this persuasion.

I'd change if I could, but I can't.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is basically that many of us waited many years to have a side that could compete in the PL. We did for 2 years but have fallen away.

PL status is very important to many of us, and to lose it does affect our lives, and an element of our happiness and how we feel about ourselves on a daily basis.

To lose this would be a big blow. A relegation fight is stress we don't need.

I understand that that isn't the way for all of us, but for many of us, particularly those of us that had to endure the 80's and 90's we tend to be of this persuasion.

I'd change if I could, but I can't.
Wolves are on my mind more than even my daughter. They have made or broke my mood ever since I was 5 years old, I’m now 42.

We are absolutely light years away from a relegation battle. If people genuinely think that’s a real threat, Jesus Christ.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are on my mind more than even my daughter. They have made or broke my mood ever since I was 5 years old, I’m now 42.

We are absolutely light years away from a relegation battle. If people genuinely think that’s a real threat, Jesus Christ.

If you're 42, your username is just plain confusing :tearsofjoy:

D

Deleted member 5276

I am not panicking but I am in my 70s and living in Kent I don't get to see the Wolves too often these days.
Should I be worried because all I read about is players possibly leaving and not much experience coming in.
Surely Fosun know that to this squad needs strengthening.
Last season was boring and pretty negative imo as far as Wolves were concerned.
But If you were to offer me 13th place right now I would rip your arm off.
Wolves since 1957 , love my club but not at all confident about the coming season at the moment.
Please give me some positivity lads & lasses
In a word..."No."

Far too many people get worked up by things they can't control. Sure we'd all like our team to be mega successful and give us joy every minute of the day but life isn't like that for any football supporter. Just relax and enjoy the next game, no matter who we play, where we play it or in what competition.

Some of our best days as fans have been in the lower leagues and its not the end of the world if we have bad periods in time.

The time we have now shouldn't be spent worrying about survival. We will anyway, regardless.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Many thanks for your comments everybody.
Obviously there aren't too many Wolves fans in Kent so it is good to share my thoughts with other wolves fans, I have enjoyed the last few seasons and maybe I have over reacted in my concerns. Being a wolves fan is not for the feint hearted.
We go again very soon and I intend to enjoy the ride!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It´s like when Callaghan Labour and the unions turned off the lights late 70´s I guess.
We are facing a tumbleweed kind of a season.Just look at our central midfield and defensive unit and tell me otherwise.
Personally,given the FFP restrictions given by our owners as a reason not to invest..we are facing a Brighton and Hove Albion kinda prem season.
We should survive..but I wouldn´t steppin out a la the old hit by Joe Jackson on that prediction.

We shouldn´t bve fools amongst ourselves.We are in big brown with the current starting eleven.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not panicking but I am in my 70s and living in Kent I don't get to see the Wolves too often these days.
Should I be worried because all I read about is players possibly leaving and not much experience coming in.
Surely Fosun know that to this squad needs strengthening.
Last season was boring and pretty negative imo as far as Wolves were concerned.
But If you were to offer me 13th place right now I would rip your arm off.
Wolves since 1957 , love my club but not at all confident about the coming season at the moment.
Please give me some positivity lads & lasses

It's a game of two halves

Could go either way

There are no easy games at this level

we'll be taking it one game at a time

Time to park the bus

It's a funny old game and I'm as sick as a parrot

Right that should cover all outcomes

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It´s like when Callaghan Labour and the unions turned off the lights late 70´s I guess.
We are facing a tumbleweed kind of a season.Just look at our central midfield and defensive unit and tell me otherwise.
Personally,given the FFP restrictions given by our owners as a reason not to invest..we are facing a Brighton and Hove Albion kinda prem season.
We should survive..but I wouldn´t steppin out a la the old hit by Joe Jackson on that prediction.

We shouldn´t bve fools amongst ourselves.We are in big brown with the current starting eleven.
When I stop to consider things dispassionately that's close to my thinking too. But even as I typed those words I thought of going for a few pints at lunchtime and suddenly the skies were much lighter; I think it's going to be that sort of season!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a game of two halves

Could go either way

There are no easy games at this level

we'll be taking it one game at a time

Time to park the bus

It's a funny old game and I'm as sick as a parrot

Right that should cover all outcomes
Think you forgot

I'm proud of the lads, they all put in a shift

It was a bad day at the office but we go again

Norway Wolves

Reaction score

I don't think we are at the moment in a relegation battle with what we have, but I disagree with that we are lightyears away. We are a Raul and another key player injury away from being in a dogfight.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we are at the moment in a relegation battle with what we have, but I disagree with that we are lightyears away. We are a Raul and another key player injury away from being in a dogfight.
I'm the same. We are also a few good signings away from challenging the top 10 or even further. The season really could go any way at the moment.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As a die hard Wolves fan I want Pep, Klopp, Pirlo or some other superstar manager and I’d love Messi, Ronaldo etc signed but being realistic we just have to have a bit of faith and hope the route we are taking is not going to end in a disaster ie relegation. I don’t think it will and we may be surprised. All we as fans go do is support and hope for the best.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched England cricket's pathetic display against India, I'm not as reticent about the start of the football season as even Wolves can't be as toothless. :D

Back
Top Bottom