Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should I be worried

kentish wolf

Reaction score
I am not panicking but I am in my 70s and living in Kent I don't get to see the Wolves too often these days.
Should I be worried because all I read about is players possibly leaving and not much experience coming in.
Surely Fosun know that to this squad needs strengthening.
Last season was boring and pretty negative imo as far as Wolves were concerned.
But If you were to offer me 13th place right now I would rip your arm off.
Wolves since 1957 , love my club but not at all confident about the coming season at the moment.
Please give me some positivity lads & lasses

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not panicking but I am in my 70s and living in Kent I don't get to see the Wolves too often these days.
Should I be worried because all I read about is players possibly leaving and not much experience coming in.
Wolves since 1957 , love my club but not at all confident about the coming season at the moment.
Totally agree with you, this is how I feel too

D

Deleted member 7041

I agree too. The positive for me is some of the kids out on loan will be easily good enough for us in 22/23 season

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

If you've got nothing much else to worry about at your age then you must be doing plenty right

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's so much rubbish written I wouldnt worry about it, see where we are in a few weeks. Jiminez has been sold 10 times since we've had him but he's still here, same goes with Neves.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we will return to the heady heights of the first two seasons. That was a team playing to a very distinct system and overperforming massively.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what the media say about Wolves. I have a few contacts from my days as a novice journo and they tell me they know nothing about what happens at Wolves. No one does.

Id perhaps look to our net spend over the past 5 years instead of media speculation.

I'd also perhaps be a bit hesitant to ask this here!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Fosun hope/expect Bruno to bring the best out of our existing players, most of whom were judged to have under performed last season. It’s a tough ask changing the playing style and mentality of the whole squad.

Going off pre-season to date, we look brighter, sharper and have more attacking intent. But we are still struggling to be creative in the final third and our midfield is still paper weight in support. Defence looked seriously dodgy v Coventry on set pieces.

We may well produce some good, attacking football this season but our lack of real goal threat and dodgy defence will cost us. Certainly early on. In my view.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're listening to too many of the doom and gloom merchants on here

Comfortable mid-table for me

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positivity.

We have had the best 4 years in my memory (I’m 49).

The nucleus of that squad remains fully intact and we have spent a net £10-20m adding a sought after LWB, a Barcelona winger and Colombian future CB star to the team.

Our young players have another year’s experience under their belts (and only one of our players is “potentially” in the decline and even he fought his way back into the Portugal team).

We have a more attacking manager at the helm.

We have fans back

We have Raul back. Other players will be back shortly.

In Fosun we trust.

Enjoy the ride and compare where we are today in PL, having spent net £10-20m this Summer, with world class players which other sides want with where we could have been with Moxey (Albion, Blues, Forest, Cardiff, Wednesday all spring to mind).

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you but I then think of Newcastle, Southampton, Everton, Brighton, West Ham, Leeds etc who have spent nothing or very little yet to improve last seasons squads. I will hopefully feel a bit more positive when the transfer window closes and we have signed the CB and CM we obviously and desperately need imo and also kept our best players.

Yes, we have signed Trincao and Mosquera but we still have injuries to Neto, Podence and Jonny. Boly is injured, so is Mosquera and we have no idea when they will be fit but not looking good for our first match against Leicester as it stands imo.

I just hope we will get some really positive news in the next few days to give us some encouragement and enthusiasm about the new season.

I always have and always will love my home town club, who I have supported since 1964, when I was 12. It’s been a roller coaster ride for most of the time but I would never ever support anyone else. Fosun have took us to another level in a short space of time and I sincerely hope their support continues for many years. Their investment in the Club must continue to give us the stability and growth we need.

As you say and I agree, I would rip your arm off for 13th place right now. This could change and improve very quickly with a couple of quality signings though!

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very similar age and supporters profile as me, so we have seen it all, great highs and desperate lows. Luckily I live much nearer and have renewed my ST. The crux to this I think is whether the new manager is the right choice and it will take a month or two to get a clearer view. Meanwhile it is clear that we are a few players short of being a good team and the fact that our central defence and mid field are essentially unchanged in 3 years is bizarre at best. Four weeks of the transfer window to sort that out.... On the positive side we now seem to have a few promising youngsters coming through (or is it that the new manager is willing to give them a chance?). Hope one or two cement regular first team selection.

As ever we live in hope!

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football-wise, it's never worth worrying about what might be, any more than it's worth fretting on the past. All that matters is the here and now.

We're a Premier League club, we're not saddled with useless ageing players on fat contracts, we're not in mountains of debt, we have some decent young players, we reacted to the restrictive play of last season by changing manager and direction (whether it works or not, at least we've tried), the kit is a lovely shade of gold, fans are back in the stadiums. It could be much worse.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positivity.

We have had the best 4 years in my memory (I’m 49).

The nucleus of that squad remains fully intact and we have spent a net £10-20m adding a sought after LWB, a Barcelona winger and Colombian future CB star to the team.

Our young players have another year’s experience under their belts (and only one of our players is “potentially” in the decline and even he fought his way back into the Portugal team).

We have a more attacking manager at the helm.

We have fans back

We have Raul back. Other players will be back shortly.

In Fosun we trust.

Enjoy the ride and compare where we are today in PL, having spent net £10-20m this Summer, with world class players which other sides want with where we could have been with Moxey (Albion, Blues, Forest, Cardiff, Wednesday all spring to mind).
And the ****e got relegated!

Hpoolfella

Reaction score
What a ridiculous thread.
Why is this thread ridiculous, this is obviously a fella that loves the club and has done for many years. There is a lot of doom & gloom not just on here but in the media aswell. Just because people dont have the same opinion as you does not make what they say ridiculous. Give people the respect there opinions deserve.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way to tell how the season will pan out as it isn't even begin, we haven't even played our starting 11 together yet unless Lage is going for an out of the blue start to the season.
Pointless worrying, especially with our first three games. After those anyone worrying now could be in need of medical attention.

Last year we were told it would be a change of style, however due to one thing or another it was a bit half ***** she became neither a real change or stayed the same. This time we have a new chap in charge with new ideas, so let's just see how it goes.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

No, you shouldn’t worry.

T

TheConcourse

Dude, you’re in your 70s. The only thing that should worry you is health and happiness.

Wolves will always be there, regardless of the division and quality of players.

Enjoy retirement, it’s way too short to worry about things out of your control.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you've supported the club that long, you've seen pretty much everything, so we're basically living the dream at the moment compared to some of the seasons you've seen.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will win a cup competition this season, and finish mid table. So I am not worried.

Though the leak in my shower is getting irritating. It's been looked at twice, and still no better.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pant wetting before the season's even started.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My answer applies to you on many threads too.

I would be lying if I wasnt concerned with how things are going at Wolves at present to be fair Mutchy. Yes I am worried and I vent my spleen on here but I'm not sat with my head in a bucket when I'm off the forum! I worry about Wolves and I am passionate but it is fair to say I am even more worried at present but dont think that is a crime and I am not offending anyone or dishing out any personal abuse etc.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he's in his 70s, and clearly not a regular on here

if he says the same thing over and over, then we'll see

Personally I have no issue about posters repeating themselves as long as they arent dishing out abuse or being rude to fellow posters. Never understood those on here who accuse me of repeating myself and in some cases using it as an excuse to get digs in at me as they dont like or agree with what I am saying and maybe it doesnt fit their narrative. Maybe I am wrong but that is how it feels sometimes on here.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I have no issue about posters repeating themselves as long as they arent dishing out abuse or being rude to fellow posters. Never understood those on here who accuse me of repeating myself and in some cases using it as an excuse to get digs in at me as they dont like or agree with what I am saying and maybe it doesnt fit their narrative. Maybe I am wrong but that is how it feels sometimes on here.

jos - please, it's not about you. change the subject. watch some old wolves youtube videos, celebrate raul + adama linking up again, take the dog out, do something else - we'll be back in molineux shortly. it's all good xxx

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I hate the ridiculous positivity, everyone gets a trophy types. I’m a win at all costs person, nobody remembers second place.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
jos - please, it's not about you. change the subject. watch some old wolves youtube videos, celebrate raul + adama linking up again, take the dog out, do something else - we'll be back in molineux shortly. it's all good xxx

I am fine but I always be concerned about Wolves and will express that on here. I am watching the Olympics are present which has been pretty good the last few days.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would be lying if I wasnt concerned with how things are going at Wolves at present to be fair Mutchy. Yes I am worried and I vent my spleen on here but I'm not sat with my head in a bucket when I'm off the forum! I worry about Wolves and I am passionate but it is fair to say I am even more worried at present but dont think that is a crime and I am not offending anyone or dishing out any personal abuse etc.
But its the same thing over and over again. You are a valued poster and put of the transfer windows you contribute massively to the chats. But in the transfer windows, something seems to take hold of you. Why are villa spending so much, why cant we spend any money, why can we buy more defenders because someone is injured for a month. It just goes on and on. I know your response will be just block you if i dont like what you have to say, but Im not going to block you as you do have valued things to say in the main, its just the repetitiveness of it over these transfer windows.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But its the same thing over and over again. You are a valued poster and put of the transfer windows you contribute massively to the chats. But in the transfer windows, something seems to take hold of you. Why are villa spending so much, why cant we spend any money, why can we buy more defenders because someone is injured for a month. It just goes on and on. I know your response will be just block you if i dont like what you have to say, but Im not going to block you as you do have valued things to say in the main, its just the repetitiveness of it over these transfer windows.
Personally, think it's reasonable to question how Villa can spend so much, why allegedly we can't spend without selling and to have concerns about our paucity at CB

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a ridiculous thread.
And thats an even more ridiculous comment, give the guy a break he at least deserves a bit of respect mate, and if you look at his post count he doesnt post for the sake of posting, he has valid concerns about our season ahead and has taken the time to post his thoughts on here, i to share his views but still time for Wolves to get a player or two in.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And thats an even more ridiculous comment, give the guy a break he at least deserves a bit of respect mate, and if you look at his post count he doesnt post for the sake of posting, he has valid concerns about our season ahead and has taken the time to post his thoughts on here, i to share his views but still time for Wolves to get a player or two in.
I don’t think it was a ridiculous comment. How many threads have we had in the last 6 months sharing similar concerns? I’m not criticising a new poster for expressing their concern, but it would take only minutes to find an existing thread to use.

Back
Top Bottom