Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Should Fabio be recalled ? An exciting new poll .

Should Fabio be recalled ?

• Yes

Votes: 111 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 109 44.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 27 10.9%

• Total voters

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very cliche but if he is the answer I want to hide and cry away from the question.

He plainly is not good enough. We ain't in the position to let someone who once scored 20 goals when he was 16 and showed loads of promise, another chance.

I don't care what anyone says, he isn't good enough. I haven't even looked at what he has or hasn't done at Anderlecht, I don't care. He sums up everyone that went wrong from Sevilla defeat onwards.

May sound harsh, but if we can get £10mil plus and pretend the whole thing never happened, just do it.
Utterly absurd. He's better than our other striker options right now.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“No” for me……unfortunately I just don’t see him making the grade in the Prem.

Oh how I wish to be proven wrong though.

This for me too unfortunately.
I don’t see the generational talent, I don’t even see the normal savy striker talent in positioning and in composure.

Robbie Keane for example, was such an obvious talent at 17. I haven’t see a fraction of Robbie’s talent in Fabio.

However, having paid out £35m for him, I hope he makes fools of all his doubters

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Well according to the Athletic Lopetegui has voted yes, so I guess that it will happen.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. We’re in the **** and need every one of our own players available as options.

Particularly up front.
This is exactly the point. What happens then the new striker does his ACL on February 1st? We wouldn't leave ourselves in that situation, would we?

UEAwolf

Reaction score
No. Particularly if we have to pay money to secure his return.

A season playing week in, week out at a decent level (a lot of people underrate the Belgian league) will be far better for him and it'll focus our minds on brining in a new striker.

Next season we will (hopefully) lose Costa and (unfortunately) likely to be without Raul, so we need Silva, Kalajdzic and A.N. Other.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my criticisms of Bruno was that by not persisting with giving opportunities to MGW and Fabio he was impeding there developments. I felt both needed game time in the Premiership. To my mind MGW was further along the road but that opportunities could have been given to Fabio last season particularly for the last 20 to 30 minutes of matches to freshen things up. Bringing him back now is a risk. He is not going to score as freely as we would like but even for him to get 5 or 6 goals between now and the end of the season would be important - if he is capable of doing so. We will need a new striker and the January window is not a time to do good business normally. We will probably have to sell to buy but what assets can we off load (another Lage mess). And if Raul returns with/to form? Better to have a surplus of riches if that is what we would have.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
voted no

Not good enough then and hasn't improved enough to be good enough yet

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No - leave him be where he is for this season as it is doing him good. To bring him back would be a backward step for him and would be unlikely to help us much in our predicament. Should we go down he would probably be in his element in the Championship, should we stay up then let him come back and fight for his place again. He isnt what we need right now and neither are we what he needs.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my criticisms of Bruno was that by not persisting with giving opportunities to MGW and Fabio he was impeding there developments. I felt both needed game time in the Premiership. To my mind MGW was further along the road but that opportunities could have been given to Fabio last season particularly for the last 20 to 30 minutes of matches to freshen things up. Bringing him back now is a risk. He is not going to score as freely as we would like but even for him to get 5 or 6 goals between now and the end of the season would be important - if he is capable of doing so. We will need a new striker and the January window is not a time to do good business normally. We will probably have to sell to buy but what assets can we off load (another Lage mess). And if Raul returns with/to form? Better to have a surplus of riches if that is what we would have.
Not picking a fight honestly , but MGW made 68 appearances and scored once, Fabio 54 appearances for 4 goals. Thats 132 apps for 5 goals.

Adama gets pelters for 9 goals in 134 appearances.

I would argue that MGW was good business, Fabio loaned was the right move and Adama should be converted to right back. But thats just me. Fabio is not the answer to our goalscoring issue

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No - leave him be where he is for this season as it is doing him good. To bring him back would be a backward step for him and would be unlikely to help us much in our predicament. Should we go down he would probably be in his element in the Championship, should we stay up then let him come back and fight for his place again. He isnt what we need right now and neither are we what he needs.
Should we go down I suspect we will not see Fabio, or any of the young Portuguese, for dust! Mendes will not be slow to move his stable on to better showcases for their and his future.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My vote was also No for exactly the same reasons as you have stated--he went there as part of his development and fail to see what would be gained by either party if he returned.

D

Deleted member (smith)

We would have to pay to get him back…the loan of Silva and coady were always bad deals.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, on the assumption that we are signing at least one experienced, fit striker in January. Costa should be decently fit second half of the season and Lopetegui likes him anyway.

Keep Fabio where he is and have him back next season alongside the striker we hopefully sign in January. Costa and Raul will likely be gone by next season.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bryce, there is a lot of what you say I agree with. I think that MGW will still come good. I'm not sure about making Adama right back. Playing Lembikisa as a right back with Bueno will have risks, but I would favour that and I would be in favour of bringing Fabio back. I don't expect him to become a goal machine but is 5 or 6 goals asking too much of the lad. We will have to bring in a forward in the window. All remains to be seen.

SuperGran, I don't believe he should have gone out on loan last season.

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just been speaking to an Anderlecht fan on holiday and he’s said that Fabio is very average, we are welcome to have him back!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, you don’t think he’s good enough……fair enough….but what if you are wrong?
Well, what if we could get £50m for him in a couple of years?
or would you settle for £25m ?

My point is……why settle for coffee money when we could do better? Fact is, yes he, ( supposedly ) cost us £35m……but theres a good chance we get £20 to £25m back……at the very least.

or….he could be fantastic………..too early to tell.

Take for instance, Arsenal are interested in a £50m. bid for Jonathan Davies in January who plays for Lille.
@Hawkguy has been a fan for some years now and NOT because he’s CanadIan…..just thinks the guy could be good for Wolves.
Has he more potential that Fabio right now? Maybe….maybe not.
Imagine we signed him when I said? WE'D BE RICH lol

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bryce, there is a lot of what you say I agree with. I think that MGW will still come good. I'm not sure about making Adama right back. Playing Lembikisa as a right back with Bueno will have risks, but I would favour that and I would be in favour of bringing Fabio back. I don't expect him to become a goal machine but is 5 or 6 goals asking too much of the lad. We will have to bring in a forward in the window. All remains to be seen.

SuperGran, I don't believe he should have gone out on loan last season.
My reason for Adama conversion is based on Jesus Navas who had similar electric pace but little end product as a winger but converted to RB very successfully and J-Lo may see similar value in getting Adama to do the same. That said , I really liked what I saw of Dexter last night! Pace and drive shown in 8 minutes. My biggest reason for Fabio is that he has no pace. No initial three yard sprint. You really need that in teh premier league. Its what finished Michael Owen early. Additionally Fabio is not a natural poacher. He does not make the instictive movements in and around the area that get poachers 5-8 goals a season on top of their tally as they are thinking one step ahead. Lineker and shearer were both great at that and so is Ronaldo. Bowen at West Ham is decent with movement too. Fabio has still to convince me that he is the short term answer but he has time on his side.

Back
Top Bottom