Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Shirts

A

andyc225

Stepping away from the doom and gloom for a moment, next season is the final season of the Burrda deal. Who would you like to see getting the contract for the 3 year hitch after them?

A

andyc225

Would be reluctant to go with one of the big boys as they usually come up with some dire offerings - e.g. Adidas canned design 2011/12, Nike's last 3 Man U offerings including this upcoming abomination - http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/leaked-manchester-united-201213-home-kit-by-nike_15005

They could literally sell anything to the plastics.

Anyway for me I'd like to see Umbro or Puma

I actually quite like that. The tartan thing is in honour of Taggart's achievements at Man You - I think it's a good idea.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Tango …..........OK I'm only joking.
Why don't the club let us the fans design the kit and a major manufacturer put their name on it. We wouldn't ask any payment in return for the design, as our club would be wearing what the majority of us want. Consequently the club sell more shirts, the manufacturer gets more exposure as a result, and the club make more money.

A

andyc225

I would quite like a Puma kit. I think Puma make really good kits and not that many people use them really. They are a well known, good quality brand but not quite as common as Adidas and Nike meaning we would be a little bit unique. Would absolutely love this kit in Old Gold with a Black shoulder. http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n360/infectedben24/egypt-10-12-puma-kits-launched.jpg

And the opposite way around for an away kit. I think that would look great personally.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An umbro 'tailored for...' would be amazing.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Puma one (if done correctly) would be class.

But expect Jez to come with an "outstanding" deal with a company we've never heard of or is just plain $$$$.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of the big boys I'd only want an Umbro kit. I think their tailored kits are the mutts nutts.

If we went with Adidas or Nike we'd only end up with a bog standard tailored kit, the kind of kit that Rushall or Bilston use, just with our badge sewn on.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like Adidas, umbro, puma or kappa it's not just about the shirt, the merchandise seriously has to be looked at.
I know me and a lot of my mates would buy apparel if it was decent but with burrda it's anything but!

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And a point about people saying Adidas will be an identi kit, with our colours that just won't happen it will look unique purley on the colour basis.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't care, as long as it is well made and looks old school, and is not bright orange.

W

WasStefan

Umbro tailored for would be the outstanding choice

Last edited by a moderator:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be quite nice if after spending 50 odd quid on next year's shirt the logo doesn't peel off on the second washing.

For me that's only happened to the Burrda kits oh and the 1988 / 89 one [Manders Paint & Inks].

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just give umbro the 1980 kit and say half a million of those please.

I'd buy 3 myself.

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Years ago my mates STAW Distribution came off his top, 1987.....

He replaced it with marker pen.... But wrote STAW Disturbance!

When he came to play footie on the local field wearing it was probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen.....

D

Dorset DeWolf

Adidas, would be nice to have a designer sportswear instead of some ill fitting crap

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Redrow Sports.

Failing that an Umbro tailored shirt or Adidas would be great.

B

Batman

I think the current deal works out best for the club. I was told once that for every shirt that we sell £26 of the £40 goes to the club with the rest going to Burrda.

For West Brom who are sponsered by Addidas the club gets £12 for every shirt sold meaning that Addidas get £28.

D

Dorset DeWolf

I think the current deal works out best for the club. I was told once that for every shirt that we sell £26 of the £40 goes to the club with the rest going to Burrda.

For West Brom who are sponsered by Addidas the club gets £12 for every shirt sold meaning that Addidas get £28.

who gives a $$$$ about that though if it is not going to be reinvested in terms of players!??

B

Batman

who gives a $$$$ about that though if it is not going to be reinvested in terms of players!??

No i agree mate but i'm just saying form a personal point of view as i don't buy shirts (when they are at full price anyway) that for me i'd rather the club got more of a cut of the shirt money than having to make cash in other ways by hiking up ticket prices etc.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Agree that the Club has to do whatever it can to generate income but if there is a £14 per shirt difference in profit between Burrda and Adidas, why wouldn't every club be using the likes of Burrda?

Am sure there must be a basic reason that I'm not aware of.

B

Batman

Agree that the Club has to do whatever it can to generate income but if there is a £14 per shirt difference in profit between Burrda and Adidas, why wouldn't every club be using the likes of Burrda?

Am sure there must be a basic reason that I'm not aware of.

I think the reason was that Burrda had not made any impact on the Western market before therefore Wolves were the way in for them so the share of the shirt revenue was tipped in our favour.

On the other side Nike etc don't need to make kits for teams to be a recognised brand therefore they can ask for the higher percentage and if the club refuses then it's not going to be a hit on the long term profits.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Professional image and quality versus a higher cut.

M

Monkey Man

Professional image and quality versus a higher cut.

This, but as we know we do everything possible to increase the bottom line.

We really do 'play' at being a Premier League club. Tinpot form top to bottom. The only thing PL are the fans.

Burrda make the worst sports clothing I've ever seen.

H

Hatch End

I hate this seasons shirt.
I've no idea about the quality, or lack of it, as I wouldn't wear it, because I just can't stand the appearance.
It doesn't look like a football shirt..................and anyway it's obviously jinxed us!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Every year we discuss this and every year the club disappoints us. I personally have not bought anything from the club shop for years. They sacrifice additional revenue for higher original margins on tat they markdown anyway and still can't shift. Awful retail model.

ladywolf

Reaction score
Have a colleague at work who saw wolves on TV for the first time a couple of weeks ago. This is what they said:

'What horrible orange shirts you have! What is that vile logo on the front? It's one of the worst shirts i've ever seen.'

Even from an outsiders view it's cheap crap.

I always like to buy apparel for my OH and haven't bought any for years. I think the club are really missing out here. The profit margins might be bigger with Burrda but if they had a decent brand more people would buy things which would hopefully even that out!

I had a china mug bought for my birthday last month and the gold around the rim is already coming off!

Back
Top Bottom