Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Shi & Sellars

T

TheConcourse

Mendes doesn’t have a gun to our head over players.

A good example is Carlos Vinicius. We needed a striker. Good history, stalled a little. Went to Fulham.

Nobody is telling me that Mendes tells us who we’re signing and who we aren’t. Absolutely ridiculous.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s also causing us to get players like Nunes,Neves and Moutinho.
And no head coach that wants to work in the structure unless it's a Mendes yes man

It's been great, but has reached its limit of usefulness

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes doesn’t have a gun to our head over players.

A good example is Carlos Vinicius. We needed a striker. Good history, stalled a little. Went to Fulham.

Nobody is telling me that Mendes tells us who we’re signing and who we aren’t. Absolutely ridiculous.
As Saiss said, we're the only club that doesn't have a DoF, we have a connection to a super agent (and it's got us some bloody good players), but you have to ask why these coaches don't want the job of coaching these players

We need to walk on our own and not be having Gestifute hold our hands every transfer window. Mendes has too much influence here

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And no head coach that wants to work in the structure unless it's a Mendes yes man

It's been great, but has reached its limit of usefulness
No head coach wants the worlds biggest football agent on speed dial?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We have shortage of training staff at the moment." Don't you think, that maybe, just maybe, this should have been addressed in Plan B, C or whatever?
I guess we have a lack of coaching staff because a new coach would bring in his own team. So, we have to wait until the New Year. Hence the 'all hands to the pump' quote.

T

TheConcourse

As Saiss said, we're the only club that doesn't have a DoF, we have a connection to a super agent (and it's got us some bloody good players), but you have to ask why these coaches don't want the job of coaching these players

We need to walk on our own and not be having Gestifute hold our hands every transfer window. Mendes has too much influence here
We still have to research these players, and they do, internally. They track players for months.

You can’t just punt £30m because Mendes says so - and we didn’t - on someone like Vitinha.

The club make the decision, and our boy Scotty is steering that bus.

I’m also not buying that Mendes tells us how many coaching staff we can have. We seem to be short there as well. Scott.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No head coach wants the worlds biggest football agent on speed dial?
It's the coach on the agent's speed dial

Watch the interview, last half hour of it or so. If you watch that and still think it's all rosy being in bed with Mendes then you're living in cloud cuckoo land

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still have to research these players, and they do, internally. They track players for months.

You can’t just punt £30m because Mendes says so - and we didn’t - on someone like Vitinha.

The club make the decision, and our boy Scotty is steering that bus.

I’m also not buying that Mendes tells us how many coaching staff we can have. We seem to be short there as well. Scott.
EjCfeASWAAEXwNA.jpg

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True....I'm glad we didn't get mendes yes man lopetugui....
But who else is there? It's only Lopetegui and maybe Jardim left as his clients that are attractive other than a return to Nuno. If a PL club's search for a head coach is limited to two people then they're in trouble

Anyone who's seen my posts about Lage over the past 10-12 months know how out of depth I thought he was. I've actually got a bit of sympathy with him in a sense, he had no say what so ever

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe Marcelo Gallardo's contract expires 31 December 2022. Coincidence ?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess that would depend on what he was doing.

IF it’s relying data then I can understand him being where he’s sat. If you want to use the photo that someone posted then he’s sat by people in club colours with laptops.

I just find the whole thing weird with people jumping to conclusions. We don’t know either way and I honestly wouldn’t have expected the club to say what his involvement was one way or another.

For me, it was telling that Davis mentioned they were looking to bring in more coaching experience. That suggests they need more help in some capacity, what that is I have no idea. Also Edwards was interviewed, but Percy, who’s usually reliable, suggested a new coaching set up.
If someone is making substitutes then we should know who it is.

Reaction score
Not true mate. Thelwell was still around at that point. Sellars got jacked up as a cheap, malleable, replacement when Thelwell left at the height of the covid pandemic he was so determined to get away from the total ****ing ****show Shi was creating

Ahh thanks!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting if it becomes toxic tomorrow as the venom is likely to be directed at Shi and Sellars. Not sure how they will react or for that matter Guo back in China. They’ve not experienced a truly toxic Molineux.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I really don't buy most of the stuff on here. Where is this line of brilliant coaches that we could get if it weren't for Mendes, shall we pop down the road and see if they're lined up outside the Trinity? Yes we've got a few duds from his stable, but also some gems who we couldn't have dreamed of. If Neves goes to Barca (God forbid) should we be cursing Mendes or thanking the Lord we had him at all? I would like to think we'd get more than some of the figures mentioned though.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jacqui Oatley the latest journalist to offer a very strong defence of Sellars on Twitter.

Quite sad and concerning that they’re all following what the club say, unless we’re supposed to believe they all have the exact same strong opinion.

This is something that needs to be addressed.

Why has the man partly leading the managerial search decided to put himself in a great position of power?

Why has someone who has not coached for years now got a role coaching Premier League players?

Who is exactly making the subs in a game? There shouldn’t be joint decisions or a committee. Of course you get advice from coaches but who is actually calling the shots?

Why did Wolves not once mention that Sellars is involved in training/coaching? If there’s nothing wrong with it then surely you’d tell people.

Is this why there’s no pre-match training videos before games like there used to be. Do we presume Sellars is having a much bigger influence than Davis?

Unfortunately the journalists are backing down so we’ll have to pretend that it’s normal for a technical director to effectively make himself manager for another few months.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jacqui Oatley the latest journalist to offer a very strong defence of Sellars on Twitter.

Quite sad and concerning that they’re all following what the club say, unless we’re supposed to believe they all have the exact same strong opinion.

This is something that needs to be addressed.

Why has the man partly leading the managerial search decided to put himself in a great position of power?

Why has someone who has not coached for years now got a role coaching Premier League players?

Who is exactly making the subs in a game? There shouldn’t be joint decisions or a committee. Of course you get advice from coaches but who is actually calling the shots?

Why did Wolves not once mention that Sellars is involved in training/coaching? If there’s nothing wrong with it then surely you’d tell people.

Is this why there’s no pre-match training videos before games like there used to be. Do we presume Sellars is having a much bigger influence than Davis?

Unfortunately the journalists are backing down so we’ll have to pretend that it’s normal for a technical director to effectively make himself manager for another few months.

But she conveniently lays all the blame at the feet of Mendes and his right hand man Cardoso.
Now I do think questions could be asked about the leadership structure at Wolves.
But I don't think Mendes can be blamed for this:
- Having no Plan B in our manager search
- Approaching a manager with minimal experience and to then have no plan when he rejected
- To turn down decent managers like Martins and Svensson
- To appoint an interim coach for the next 7-8 games
- To have a Technical Director with zero managerial experience on senior level have a say on match days

I do think Sellars now becomes a scapegoat for all our problems which isn't fair. I certainly don't think he calls all the shots either. Letting Adama go on loan certainly wasn't, yet he had to be the one defending it in the press, appearing a fool in the process.

But that doesn't mean he's not part of the problem or have no responsibility for mistakes. Of course he does and his friends in the press should realise that ask appropriate questions, rather than writing endorsements.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These are the guys who got rid of Saiss, Donks and Coady, paid big bucks for Guedes then sacks the manager for doing poorly?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As if they couldn't **** it up anymore these last two games have shown why even that statement about Davis was a complete joke!

****ing hopeless!

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi ain’t gonna sack himself. Slagging off Sellars is probably has a better chance of inducing change.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sack Sellers so we can backtrack on this "no outstanding candidates" line and get someone in who isn't a League 2 manager.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi deserves more flak than Sellars, imo.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi should fall on his sword now.

Even if Fosun just fly in a rank amateur who has little to no clue about the sport, he'd still manage to recognise that the team desperately needs a professional well-qualified head coach in ASAP.

Didn't see Sellars today so I assume Adrian_Monk took him out.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How to build a succesful football team ( or Company)
1. Have a vision and sell it.
2 Employ great assets and management.
3 Provide sufficient finance.

How To fail.
1. Stop above

Back
Top Bottom