Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Utd verdict

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea how we won that, dreadful from start to finish.

Has to go down as one of our worst PL performances in the FOSUN era considering how historically bad SheffU are. Up there with the Huddersfield games, for me.

Difference is we won and if Sarabia hadn't been a gentleman , we would have won 2-0.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Poor second half but we got 3 points in a game a season or so ago we’d have found a way to drop points.
Great interview from GON who was honest that he and the team should have been better second half.
38 points is absolutely fantastic at this stage, after such an unsettled pre season.
Best possible starting line up on Wednesday please.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought criticism for the first half was unfair - we were loose and wasteful, but we were playing on the front foot at a great tempo, and were clever and fluid in midfield, with Lemina and Ait-Nouri particularly impressive. Almost every pass was forward, and there were a couple of lengthy periods where our foot was firmly on their throat. A world away from much of the dross of the last couple of years.

Second half, criticism is fully justified. We came from half time like we were heavily sedated, never really got any better, and then some 10-15 minutes from time the entire back line decided to mentally combust and not want to play a single ball towards the opposition goal. Inexplicable. One can only assume the drastic slowing of tempo was deliberate, but it was stupid, and a better team than Sheffield would have happily eviscerated us. Not the first time we've done it, it makes no sense, but we got away with it.

Eighth, and happy, but still plenty to work on.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be filed under the never to be thought of again draw. No one comes out of that with any credit
I thought Dawson defended strongly, and headed everything away. Otherwise, outside of the points and the clean sheet, there were very few positives.
Really torpid stuff, which will require a massive improvement against Brighton.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson defended very well under any high ball just no pace and turned easy by Brewster but against corners and throws fantastic

We played ok first half on front foot

Hwang was really off I think him rolling his ankle in warm up affected him

We had and Gary alluded to alot of poor decision making

But we win that's all that matters

Like city last night who were poor

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s when there’s nothing left to play for.
This performance does not represent, sum up, or define, our season
Not sure I’d agree with all that.
A reasonable description of Wolves this season is the regular occurrence to have huge holes in our defence and to have an inability to move the ball out .
For whatever reason, many times this season we ‘switch off’, whether for short or long periods.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half the fans are expected us to roll them over, especially after we went a goal up.

The panic and groans every time it goes backwards translates to the pitch.

Yeah, we weren’t great second half but they were never going to score.

Who gives a ****, we won and we’re 8th!

Milijas

Reaction score
Bloody hell difficult watch.

Think we missed Cunha today but had he been fit would Sarabia have been benched? Difficult because thought Sarabia was man of the match even without his goal..

Hwang was very poor, kilman also.

Thought Semedo did ok and Lemina.

Sir Ron

Groupie
Reaction score
I thought Dawson defended strongly, and headed everything away. Otherwise, outside of the points and the clean sheet, there were very few positives.
Really torpid stuff, which will require a massive improvement against Brighton.
The best thing I can take from today (yes obviously apart from the 3 points) is I’ve learned a new word, torpid, I never knew it existed and now I’ve looked it up I can add it to my hard drive, thank you

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON very honest as usual in his interview
Blamed himself more than the players,so must presume he asked them to conserve energy?
Thought he could have changed it up more earlier if that was the plan and taken Neto off
As he said too many unforced errors and poor decisions,but its always the same when we slow the tempo
Europe? No chance on that showing and tbf little chance anyway
Lets hope we play better in mid week,and we take the 3 points today with pleasure

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1st half was ok; Lemina was pushed into an advanced role and was making runs beyond their defence, leaving us a bit open to the counter but we dealt with it ok. 2nd half -wtf ? Could nobody put their foot on the ball, calm the play down, structure our play a bit ? Even Lemina, the master of cool (as we saw in the 1st half) resorted to just lumping the ball out. I think we lost some composure (not that we had much) when RAN went off. Still some work to do to find a way of dealing with struggling clubs.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought criticism for the first half was unfair - we were loose and wasteful, but we were playing on the front foot at a great tempo, and were clever and fluid in midfield, with Lemina and Ait-Nouri particularly impressive. Almost every pass was forward, and there were a couple of lengthy periods where our foot was firmly on their throat. A world away from much of the dross of the last couple of years.

Second half, criticism is fully justified. We came from half time like we were heavily sedated, never really got any better, and then some 10-15 minutes from time the entire back line decided to mentally combust and not want to play a single ball towards the opposition goal. Inexplicable. One can only assume the drastic slowing of tempo was deliberate, but it was stupid, and a better team than Sheffield would have happily eviscerated us. Not the first time we've done it, it makes no sense, but we got away with it.

We weren't terrible with the ball first half, had some nice moves, but they missed two one on ones. Criticism was warranted.

Second half we weren't good at anything, quite frankly.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We weren't terrible with the ball first half, had some nice moves, but they missed two one on ones. Criticism was warranted.

Second half we weren't good at anything, quite frankly.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good summary and excellent incorporation of eviscerated into your post. ;)

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's frustrating that no matter the coach, no matter the personnel on the field, we just can't handle these type of games.

We just never seem to coolly dispatch the dregs of the league. It doesn't even need to be a thrashing, just keep the focus on the match until you've knocked in a couple of goals and kill the match off, but it always seems to end up either 1-0, 0-0 or 0-1 in such matches. I'm dreading most of our remaining home games.

I feel for the BBC only having this match to show on match of the Day tonight as it was one of the poorest quality games for the PL that I've seen in a good while. So many misplaced passes and players either skying the ball into the air or missing their kick when it counts.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess when people say it evens itself out over a season they are right.

We have been conned out of a few points for VAR, but we’ve made it back with performances like this and v Burnley

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best thing I can take from today (yes obviously apart from the 3 points) is I’ve learned a new word, torpid, I never knew it existed and now I’ve looked it up I can add it to my hard drive, thank you
I googled ‘torpid’ meaning and it said……”see Sir Ron’s post “ :)

Woolywolf

Reaction score
We have no one on the bench that can have an impact. We’ve got a few options to help see the game out, but no quality to bring on when energy levels are running low. Hopefully GON gets what he needs in the summer to give us real depth

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish game, especially second half. It looked like we didn’t know what to do when we got the ball. Plenty of misplaced passes, ball going under feet, no urgency, no creativity, nothing. We had plenty of time when we got the ball but just seemed at a loss what to do with it. Only good thing was we scored a lovely goal and Sarabia is proving to be a very important and excellent player for us.

Having said that I couldn’t care less. 3 points is 3 points and I’m chuffed to bits when I look at the league table.

Reminded me, very much of the home game against Huddersfield a few seasons ago, which of course, we lost. GON was aware this was a potential banana skin, but got us through it.

We are allowed performances like that after what we have achieved and where we are this season.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no one on the bench that can have an impact. We’ve got a few options to help see the game out, but no quality to bring on when energy levels are running low. Hopefully GON gets what he needs in the summer to give us real depth
He could have brought on Doyle far earlier for Hwang - who may as well not have turned up for work today - and that would have given us more control in midfield, especially if he had given up the tactic of Lemina almost trying to play as a number 10, which meant that our midfield was wide open for no good reason.

Back
Top Bottom