Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Utd verdict

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a sports psychologist when we play the teams at the lower end of the table. It must be psychological why we are so awful against these teams. Why do we get so nervous? We looked half asleep in the second half. But at least we won and we are up to 8th which is a wonderful achievement.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Following the trend of 1 good 1 bad
Decent first half awful second from us
Expected it to be a hard game, but they were one of the worst sides ive seen this season and we should have buried them
instead we just stopped playing after the break and errors crept in all over the park
Oh well its 3 more points nuff said

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serabia, Lamina and Dawson showed their experience in a turgid performance but as was mentioned earlier the fans pressure didn't help but 3 points and up to 8th.
We are having an unbelievable season thanks to these guys.
Come on Wolves.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Sort of match i expected, But 3 points and 8th in the league can anyone say they wouldn't of been happy with that at the start of the season. sometimes its ok to win ugly

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a sports psychologist when we play the teams at the lower end of the table. It must be psychological why we are so awful against these teams. Why do we get so nervous? We looked half asleep in the second half. But at least we won and we are up to 8th which is a wonderful achievement.
The fans or the players?

Wolves have always been the same against the bottom teams, even when we've been one of them! Look at Mick's season in the Premier League, swear we had more points against the Top 6 than the Bottom 6 in two out the three seasons.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fans or the players?

Wolves have always been the same against the bottom teams, even when we've been one of them! Look at Mick's season in the Premier League, swear we had more points against the Top 6 than the Bottom 6 in two out the three seasons.
Even further back than that I remember teams coming to Molineux and defending to silence the crowd and slow the game down. It’s just always been our way, we were crap second half today but anybody with genuine anger about it needs to have a look at themself.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 points, forget about what happened and move onto a massive game on Wednesday with a chance to move a game away from Wembley.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The table does look tasty. Hopefully a cracking win over Brighton, and then the inevitable comedown at Newcastle. 2 wins out of the 3 would be ok.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent first half? SheffU missed two clear one on ones?

Not sure what people are seeing regarding the first half, felt like we barely tested their GK?
I thought we played some great football, fast tempo and barring the wrong pass a few times we would have been 2 or 3 up. Think you’re being overly negative, not sure what you were expecting from today?

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good three points and up to 8th.
Well done everyone.

Gary; WHAT THE HELL GOES ON AT HALF TIME?

it's not a one off it's a trend.
The half time routine needs investigation. Too comfortable/ uncomfortable? Too warm/too cold? We need wakey wakey drinks, not sleep sleepy. Does the dressing room need an infusion of additional oxygen for 20 minutes? ( no I'm not joking) are the words to harsh/ too soft?
Whatever it is, something appears to be wrong at that point.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even further back than that I remember teams coming to Molineux and defending to silence the crowd and slow the game down. It’s just always been our way, we were crap second half today but anybody with genuine anger about it needs to have a look at themself.
Yeah, I mean it is the usual suspects but it does make me question, like how long have you been a Wolves fan, we've literally always been like this as far as I can remember, only difference is today we actually won.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was the attendance today btw, sounded like about 100?
Haven’t you heard; it’s a rule that it’s down to the players to give the crowd something to sing about?!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor display, which is disappointing because at times in the first half we looked half decent. Second half was bobbins, but at least we got the 3 points and arrested the losing run at home.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would have liked to see Fraser for Hwang in the second half.

I can see not wanting to put him into a 1-0 game though.

Overall, the first half was pretty good. The second half wasn't, but people are really doom-mongering. Statistically it was more of a flat half that the team rode out than anything.

Need to have a little respect for Premier League teams. After getting battered 5-0, they were playing for pride, especially in the second half.

Hopefully Gary has some more good film to go over to try to work out a better response to whatever Blades were doing there.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very annoying and baffling that a great first half performance can disappear in the second.
……………………………

If we could improve the accuracy of passes/crosses/shots in the final third by 15% , we’d see great results.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean it is the usual suspects but it does make me question, like how long have you been a Wolves fan, we've literally always been like this as far as I can remember, only difference is today we actually won.
Same, barring the odd game like Watford 4-0 we have never been a side that puts teams to the sword regularly. The first half today was as good as it’s been against these sides in terms of tempo and intent, getting out with 3 points is huge.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2nd half..ug..what was that ?! No excuses but im hoping gon told them to take things easier 2nd half to help with wed

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus side, thought the wingbacks offered plenty going forward and Gomes made some key ball recoveries in dangerous areas. Sarabia showed some flashes, and obviously got the goal.

Aside from them, thought the rest were poor.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Going to defend the fans here. South Bank was spirited and full of song in the first half. Second half there was very little to sing about as we were on the back foot/ too poor/nervy, but they never turned on the team and there were still some songs going.

If we'd have been winning 3 or 4 nil there would have been an exodus on 80 minutes.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's a learning curve as we are now transitioning from a team not expected to win, to one expected to win. Seen plenty of Man U and Liverpool 1-0 performances like that so we shouldn't beat ourselves up. GON just needs to work on developing the tactics when we get more possession as we did today

City have had plenty like that this season.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea how we won that, dreadful from start to finish.

Has to go down as one of our worst PL performances in the FOSUN era considering how historically bad SheffU are. Up there with the Huddersfield games, for me.
Nothing wrong with the first half performance so slightly mystified by your summary tbh.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s when there’s nothing left to play for.
This performance does not represent, sum up, or define, our season
It was an on the beach display sorry if you mistook that

We did enough to win without breaking sweat same Burnley at home

Back
Top Bottom