Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield United- Pre Game thread

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Unlike premature starting of a transfer window thread you mean? @bod101 the Impaler comes out to play for that offence lol.....
grim reaper death GIF

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Kilman
Dawson
Toti

Semedo
Doyle
Lemina
Ait-Nouri

Bellegarde
Cunha
Hwang

Sasa if Bellegarde isn't fit.

These lot are rubbish, and we're in decent form, but they'll be desperate. Would be super confident if Neto was fit given how much he's been dictating recent games.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've been doing so well as a back 5 but I'd be tempted to start the game

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Toti
Lemina Gomes
Hwang Cunha RAN
Sasa (Silva if Sasa can't start)

Then if need be we have the personnel on the pitch to drop back into a 5. Hopefully Bellegarde is ready to come on in the second half, no point rushing him if we don't have to.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, if sasa comes in they we need to change formation/style of play.

We had a group pressing style with a very fixed 11. So either try and stick with bellgarde, even though again to me his strengths to me look in tight spaces. Rather than a pacey space in front pressing player.

If Neil can get good performances whether it's sasa or bellgarde, I will be impressed.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These games have been on a knife’s edge with Pedro playing out of his mind. We obviously can’t replace Pedro’s production, so if we don’t give up fewer goals we won’t get results. Trying to slot someone into Pedro’s role and hoping for the best is a recipe for disaster, have to change it up with a more defensive formation, adding a midfielder.

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Banana skin game. Wolves are flying high, Blades are fighting for their pride. A win of any kind would make me very happy.
Plus rumours of a new manager coming in. Strong rumours Chris Wilder could be named tomorrow. Hope not, that would make the banana skin even more likely!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus rumours of a new manager coming in. Strong rumours Chris Wilder could be named tomorrow. Hope not, that would make the banana skin even more likely!
We should be looking at beating them. In reality would take a draw

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the past couple of days I've spent some time reading the Blades' forum and it seems the manager, players and fans are devastated; the whole PL experience proving too much. At such a time and immediately after a drubbing by Arsenal (one that could have been appreciably worse) it might well be their reaction is predictable, but if it gives an accurate picture the 12points they need to avoid being the all-time PL losers could prove beyond them.
However, the cry is out for the team to dig deep and fight and, as one punter suggests, they need to assume that their season starts with this Wolves match, enough is enough! How much that is wishful thinking one can only guess, but it could be that for the first 45minutes we will face a team scrapping for every ball, and if they are to prove a banana skin to us, that's the time we could be most vulnerable. So if we get to half-time with the score at 0-0 don't be too surprised, but then I would expect our greater skills and staying power to win us the game. COYW :)

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the past couple of days I've spent some time reading the Blades' forum and it seems the manager, players and fans are devastated; the whole PL experience proving too much. At such a time and immediately after a drubbing by Arsenal (one that could have been appreciably worse) it might well be their reaction is predictable, but if it gives an accurate picture the 12points they need to avoid being the all-time PL losers could prove beyond them.
However, the cry is out for the team to dig deep and fight and, as one punter suggests, they need to assume that their season starts with this Wolves match, enough is enough! How much that is wishful thinking one can only guess, but it could be that for the first 45minutes we will face a team scrapping for every ball, and if they are to prove a banana skin to us, that's the time we could be most vulnerable. So if we get to half-time with the score at 0-0 don't be too surprised, but then I would expect our greater skills and staying power to win us the game. COYW :)
I think this is right. Getting into halftime at 0-0 would be fine. Adjust, have a good second half, and go home. The situation there was very predictable, but it can't be nice to go through. They are banking plenty of money though, right? Take it down to the championship and pop back up with a better chance.

Regardless, those players don't want to be the worst prem team ever. They will be fighting for their pride. Banana skin.

Wolfster

Reaction score
Other than the 0-8 battering against Newcastle, their home games have all been tight. 0-1 Palace, 1-2 Man Utd, 1-2 City, 2-2 Everton, with Utd and City both scoring late winners. I'd hope that if we come away with a draw that there wont be too many toys thrown out the pram but it seems that a lot of people are thinking that we should be blowing them away. I'll go for another 1-2 and Heckingbottoms last game in charge.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s played Cunha on the wing a bit in the last 2 games, so maybe a front 3 of Cunha-Sasa-Hwang

Hope he doesn’t change the formation again like he did against Bournemouth

He changed formation for Newcastle. We played 442 for large periods of the game. We're playing a 343 and 442 hybrid and actively switching between them in game. RAN and Toti's versatility allows for us to do this.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He changed formation for Newcastle. We played 442 for large periods of the game. We're playing a 343 and 442 hybrid and actively switching between them in game. RAN and Toti's versatility allows for us to do this.
I've only seen the highlights from Bournemouth, but I'm assuming we played pretty much the same as we played against Newcastle, 442 in possession, 343 out of possession?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only seen the highlights from Bournemouth, but I'm assuming we played pretty much the same as we played against Newcastle, 442 in possession, 343 out of possession?
yes ran was high and pressing up

there were 4 across at some points in first half

ran on left, neto on right, cunha and hwang in centre

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody else naturally expecting us to get drawn in to a scrappy, messy battle and get dragged down to the level of the bottom side in the league? Yep, thought so!!

Seriously though, I want us to approach this game with a bit of swagger and look to get on the ball and outplay them with our better players all over the pitch. For me this is a huge game as it's 3 points to lose and 3 points that most of the teams around us will take when they play them.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anybody else naturally expecting us to get drawn in to a scrappy, messy battle and get dragged down to the level of the bottom side in the league? Yep, thought so!!

Seriously though, I want us to approach this game with a bit of swagger and look to get on the ball and outplay them with our better players all over the pitch. For me this is a huge game as it's 3 points to lose and 3 points that most of the teams around us will take when they play them.

This is the banana skin mentality imo. I expect this game to be similar to Luton and I just hope the boys handle it better than they did there.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
yes ran was high and pressing up

there were 4 across at some points in first half

ran on left, neto on right, cunha and hwang in centre
After the first major action in the game when Longstaff shot narrowly wide, I'm surprised we didn't get more issues. RAN obviously decided to join a press, Toti was wide marking Almiron, they just played it into the middle, Boubs got caught between pressing the ball and running with Longstaff, who was then straight through onto Dawson. So it's not like we drop into a 5 out of possession, RAN was playing like it was a 424. Combined with Toti following Almiron about rather than holding a position, it seemed like a recipe for disaster to me, didn't really notice it happen again though.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ve just a got a feeling we won’t and we will get at them from the start showing our better quality of players

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve just a got a feeling we won’t and we will get at them from the start showing our better quality of players
I hope so. I want us to turn the screw early, put them under sustained pressure, give them as little of the ball as possible and make them wilt.

An early goal and the game is ours.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a shout for playing Ait-Nouri as a direct replacement for Neto and bringing in Doc to play wing back?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this. They have shown a brittle mentality so far. You don't lose 0-8 at home otherwise.
Yea. The last thing we need to do is what we did at Bournemouth and Luton and start misplacing every pass. There’s no need to give them any confidence at all.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I'd go with:

------------------------Sa-----------------------
-Semedo------Dawson----Kilman------Ait-Nouri-
---------------------Lemina---------------------
---------------Doyle-------Gomes--------------
-Hwang---------------------------------Cunha-
--------------------Kalajdzic-------------------

Subs: Bentley, Bueno, Doherty, Jonny, Traore, Bellegarde, Gonzalez, Sarabia, Silva
What's Toti done wrong ?
Glad you arnt in Gary's seat

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best to go and attack them. RAN as a left forward is a brilliant idea.

They will be scrapping. Draw wouldn’t be the end of the world. They’ve been unlucky. An early goal in our favour could open the flood gates. Does appear that they will go down on current viewing

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Doherty
Cunha Hwang Ait-Nouri

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're leaving at 9am, heading to Chesterfield for a few beers first

T

TheConcourse

I wouldn’t disrupt the team too much, and I think it sends out a bad signal playing RAN in place of Sasa or Bellegarde if he’s fit.

I’d probably go with a midfield three over another striker for this one.

It’s going to be a scrappy, competitive game. They need a win, so I expect us to be under some pressure.

The extra man in midfield will help us in the first hour, before Sasa does his thing, comes off the bench and wins us the game.

loppers86

Reaction score
We will obviously lose and then beat spurs. Why pretend anything else is going to happen?
something else is going to happen. we are so far ahead of them, that the ref will a give a dubious penalty to us and VAR will fail to overturn it. PGMOL will apologise to THEM after the game.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Form is a funny thing
I remember Leicester looking nailed on for relegation with 2 wins in 24 games, they escaped and next season won the title
Funny old game

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Best to go and attack them. RAN as a left forward is a brilliant idea.

They will be scrapping. Draw wouldn’t be the end of the world. They’ve been unlucky. An early goal in our favour could open the flood gates. Does appear that they will go down on current viewing

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Doherty
Cunha Hwang Ait-Nouri
Yep they’re conceding about 3 goals a game on average, we’ve gotta go and get at them.

Back
Top Bottom