Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Shebby Singh and his blackburn signings

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Read this article and it made me chuckle :) I think its a great shame that the blackburn fans have to put up with the current goings on at their club! Maybe they could change allegiance and come bolster our dwindling numbers!

At least we aren't run in the above fashion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19487663

Just to lighten the mood

W

WasStefan

In my opinion this is the most corrupt club ever to have existed.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Read this article and it made me chuckle :) I think its a great shame that the blackburn fans have to put up with the current goings on at their club! Maybe they could change allegiance and come bolster our dwindling numbers!

At least we aren't run in the above fashion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19487663

Just to lighten the mood

Hmmmm.....certainly different to our method of operation.

It's going to be fun seeing how it works out!

He could be a genius......currently sitting 2nd in the table! :dong:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had something similar here. Moxey signed Margreitter because it thought it sounded 'tasty'. :D

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How is Kean still their manager is beyond me. As for their signings Sandomierski is potentially a good keeper in the future though.

We've had something similar here. Moxey signed Margreitter because it thought it sounded 'tasty'. :D

Sorry to spoil the joke but I'm getting annoyed with the pronunciation of our new defender's name. It's pronounced like Marg-Writer. ;)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is Kean still their manager is beyond me. As for their signings Sandomierski is potentially a good keeper in the future though.

Sorry to spoil the joke but I'm getting annoyed with the pronunciation of our new defender's name. It's pronounced like Marg-Writer. ;)

Spoil sport! :(

S

Sandwell Wolf

I still think they have the best squad in the division though.

Whether they'll get promoted is a completely different matter altogether. That said, the bookies have them as favourites to win the league which I find quite astonishing with Kean in charge.

W

wanderer24

Was it true that th owners thought Blackburn was a franchise and there was no relegation from the Premier League?
Really poor conditions for a manager to be working under.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Sounds like work with what we get not what you want, and if it doesn't work we won't want you.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's laugh at them when we are above them in the table. For the moment they are far better placed and while the money for Rhodes was overblown at least it showed some ambition.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joke of a club. Don't they realise they're not supposed to take the parachute payments and spunk it all up the wall? If they don't go up first time they're gonna be on a downward spiral for a long time.

Glad we're a well run club, unlike 75% of other clubs out there.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was it true that th owners thought Blackburn was a franchise and there was no relegation from the Premier League?

I suspect if true no-one concerned will ever admit it!

J

Jpwwfc

Joke of a club. Don't they realise they're not supposed to take the parachute payments and spunk it all up the wall? If they don't go up first time they're gonna be on a downward spiral for a long time.

True they are a joke but by spending big they must know how important being in the premier league next year is.

We need to get promoted this season, the sky money dramatically increases next year, if we're not in the big league by then its gonna be even harder to bridge gap.

Last edited by a moderator:

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you care more for how we are 'run' or care more about which League and position we're in ?

Man U and Chelsea are millions in debt, doubt whether their supporters are concerned and doubt whether the clubs themselves are concerned.

If we're such a well run club, why did we fail so dismally last season ?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you care more for how we are 'run' or care more about which League and position we're in ?

Man U and Chelsea are millions in debt, doubt whether their supporters are concerned and doubt whether the clubs themselves are concerned.

If we're such a well run club, why did we fail so dismally last season ?

We're never going to be up there with Utd and Chelsea, get real. We're at a level the same as the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, Leeds and those sort of teams. I'd rather be us than the latter two.

I care about the future of the club. I'd rather us do what we're doing than spend god knows and pray we get up first season. I have no doubt we'll be back in the top flight within the next 3 seasons, and I'm glad we're doing it safely. Next time we're there hopefully we'll have a manager who knows how to invest the money he's given properly.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

I doubt it......pretty sure they would be aware of the PL and related situations from watching it.

Can't imagine they would randomly want to invest in a sport and something they knew absolutely nothing about.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're never going to be up there with Utd and Chelsea, get real. We're at a level the same as the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, Leeds and those sort of teams. I'd rather be us than the latter two.

I care about the future of the club. I'd rather us do what we're doing than spend god knows and pray we get up first season. I have no doubt we'll be back in the top flight within the next 3 seasons, and I'm glad we're doing it safely. Next time we're there hopefully we'll have a manager who knows how to invest the money he's given properly.

I guess from you reply then, we're not a well run football club, but handy at balancing the books.

B

Brusselswolf

I think even fergie admitted once to having signed a player without having seen him play.. Blackburn are in a state.. they are a proper football clu with proper fans and deserve better..

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Stale admitted to signing Claudemir for Copenhagen on the strength of videos only...

L

luckyjim

Well, they are above us in the league table and events at Blackburn last season made Molineux look like the vicar's tea party in comparison. However, spending £8 million on Rhodes, while more cosmetically ambitious than us, is highly dubious considering concerns last season over the overdraft they had.

R

robwolf

I guess from you reply then, we're not a well run football club, but handy at balancing the books.

Being a well run football club does not necesarily mean youre a succesful one! Every single club in the league could be run fiscally well, but someone would still be relegated. What being a well run football club means is that we are far less likely to ever go through the pain of receivership again!

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being a well run football club does not necesarily mean youre a succesful one! Every single club in the league could be run fiscally well, but someone would still be relegated. What being a well run football club means is that we are far less likely to ever go through the pain of receivership again!

robwolf, well run football clubs who get relegated, is due to their inability on the football pitch. I suggest that if we had showed more ambition in the Premiership (fiscally) then we might not have been relegated and further away from going into receivership again.

Whether that lack of ambition came from the Manager or the Board the result was the same.

R

robwolf

Yes but ambition is just another way of saying gamble. Teams who spend lots of money arent guaranteed success. Im pretty sure norwich last year didnt spend a great deal but still stayed up.

Youre right about it being an inability on the pitch but that is down to lots of different factors not just money. Also being in the prem is no safeguard from receivership. Leeds and Portsmouth fans can both testify to that.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is just a DOF doing what he is paid to do.

God I wish SM & JM were "forward thinking" enough to hire Shebby Singh!!!!
Can't they see his "eye for a player" rating on FM2012 is 20/20??!!

Back
Top Bottom