Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sellars’ Shortlist

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins (who Dyche didn't pick at Burnley) and Killa? I can't think of anyone else.
My feeling was them pair and Neves. Pre Injury Johnny and Raul would be his sort as well, no way is he having the likes of Neto, Podence, Ait-Nouri etc

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My feeling was them pair and Neves. Pre Injury Johnny and Raul would be his sort as well, no way is he having the likes of Neto, Podence, Ait-Nouri etc
I always thought Adama would have fitted in well at Dyches Burnley.
Also the new Traore probably.
I disagree about Neto, he’d make a good left winger in an old school 442.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had the option to buy more flair type players at Burnley but decided to bring in 6 foot 4 bruisers.

All coaches(or clubs) bring in players to suit how they want to play. There’s no way Dyche would fancy most of our players nor could they adapt to how he plays. He has a reliance on physicality, how much do we have of that?
Dyche would know how to keep Wolves in the PL. That's all that counts right now.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true, and Percy usually is, then it doesn't look good for Sellars (and his supporters - Oatley, Keen, Madley, etc)
Heartbreaking. 4 completely irrelevant people to this club in the grand scheme of things..

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't know what Sellars was tasked with. It clearly wasn't "find the best managers we could realistically try for". His shortlist might have been the best possible given what Fosun were asking (Cheap? Easily dispensible? Wouldn't rock boat?).

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are weird in our approach.

It’s either amazing or scraping the barrel.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it though?

Looking at the “leaks” from a source with info so close to information on who sellers identified (good player on form at current time) and washed his hands of attachment to the big fee signings he didn’t sign.

Then the complete 180 on an interview where sellers said he had final day on nuno’s transfers….

Isn’t it incredible that a club that is tighter than a ducks **** at giving quotes and leaks getting out acting almost like MI5, suddenly has lots of info relating to Scott to either try and absolve him of blame and in this case show that “hey angry fans, see I recomended people, at least I am doing something unlike Jeff and uncle Jorge”

This type of positive leak/pr campaign is common place in British football by failing people to shift the blame, it is a widely believed Harry Maguire is the Man Utd changing room leaker and his people tried to leave clues it was Dean Henderson.

Very well put opinion which I agree with.
I said something similar that the timing of the 'supportive' (or defensive?) media comments for Sellars was not coincidental. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if we see a few more pop up in the next couple of days.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't know what Sellars was tasked with. It clearly wasn't "find the best managers we could realistically try for". His shortlist might have been the best possible given what Fosun were asking (Cheap? Easily dispensible? Wouldn't rock boat?).
I think you're probably right - and I'm not Scott Sellars in disguise BTW.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Percy say this was Sellars shortlist?

It just says;

Wolves have endured problems after the dismissal of Bruno Lage, making approaches to Lopetegui and Queens Park Rangers head coach Michael Beale, and interviewing a number of other candidates including Peter Bosz, Rob Edwards and Anthony Barry.

Back
Top Bottom