Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sellars’ Shortlist

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Michael Beale, Peter Bosz, Rob Edwards and Anthony Barry.

Taken from the Percy article.

It really isn’t any wonder Jeff said there wasn’t any outstanding candidates available if those were the candidates Sellars put forward for an interview.
It was Hobbs that recommended Beale

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It really isn’t any wonder Jeff said there wasn’t any outstanding candidates available if those were the candidates Sellars put forward for an interview.
If that really is his list then I’m not sure what we’re paying him for.

T

TheConcourse

No wonder Jeff is raging. I don’t quite know what to make of the club right now. Is Jeff giving his leadership team too much rope?

If Lopetegui demanded full ownership over the strategy then I’d be inclined to give it to him. It sounds like Scott and his team of merry men are ****ing into the wind.
Either way, I think it’s patently obvious that SS is so far away from a credible Technical Director/DoF that it’s genuinely scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very underwhelming if true. I'd take Dyche over any of that lot, and Dyche himself wouldn't exactly be a top coach. I can only surmise that those were the kind of guys whose salary demands would be within FOSUN's range. It's amazing that they will spaff 100m on show ponies who don't deliver on the field and at the same time penny pinch on a decent coach.

floydstreet

Reaction score
He’s a man with a title but no power
Whether he’d be the right man to give the power / decision making to is another question.
But he’s a front man right now with minimal influence

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very underwhelming if true. I'd take Dyche over any of that lot, and Dyche himself wouldn't exactly be a top coach. I can only surmise that those were the kind of guys whose salary demands would be within FOSUN's range. It's amazing that they will spaff 100m on show ponies who don't deliver on the field and at the same time penny pinch on a decent coach.
If you think those show ponies don’t deliver now, I dread to think what they’d do with Dyche behind them. We’ve probably got two players in the entire squad who are Dyche type players

Andi130

Reaction score
Stinks of Sellars covering his own back, if that was his list. What better way to to guarantee you still hold a the tiny spot of control he appears to have.....Bring in an inexperienced coach again who has no clout to hold any real say around recruitment, or footballing strategy. I'll forever note his Interview where he made a point on his power to veto player selection over the manager.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stinks of Sellars covering his own back, if that was his list. What better way to to guarantee you still hold a the tiny spot of control he appears to have.....Bring in an inexperienced coach again who has no clout to hold any real say around recruitment, or footballing strategy. I'll forever note his Interview where he made a point on his power to veto player selection over the manager.
That’s a very, very far out theory. Doubt it has any basis in reality.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a man with a title but no power
Whether he’d be the right man to give the power / decision making to is another question.
But he’s a front man right now with minimal influence
But we very nearly ended up with Beale by all reports and I can’t imagine Collins was a Mendes suggested signing and I’d struggle to believe Hwang or even Kalajdzic were. Those 3 account for over £50m.

I agree that there’s a Mendes type power share that other people in his position wouldn’t have but he’s not powerless by any means which is a real worry.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think those show ponies don’t deliver now, I dread to think what they’d do with Dyche behind them. We’ve probably got two players in the entire squad who are Dyche type players
I don't buy the idea that there are 'X-type' players, whether Dyche is the 'X' or anyone else. Dyche's player choices will have been constrained by the owners of the clubs he has coached and how much money they had to spend. He has always made the most of what players has got.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it though?

Looking at the “leaks” from a source with info so close to information on who sellers identified (good player on form at current time) and washed his hands of attachment to the big fee signings he didn’t sign.

Then the complete 180 on an interview where sellers said he had final day on nuno’s transfers….

Isn’t it incredible that a club that is tighter than a ducks **** at giving quotes and leaks getting out acting almost like MI5, suddenly has lots of info relating to Scott to either try and absolve him of blame and in this case show that “hey angry fans, see I recomended people, at least I am doing something unlike Jeff and uncle Jorge”

This type of positive leak/pr campaign is common place in British football by failing people to shift the blame, it is a widely believed Harry Maguire is the Man Utd changing room leaker and his people tried to leave clues it was Dean Henderson.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And people defend this guy as not being a clown and crap at his job all summer

Hahahhahahahahahahahaha

It is a list of coaches for a middle to lower end championship club…… or professional sacked compensation man Bosz who has an average tenure of 1.5 years!!!

That list shows just how thick and out of his depth scott sellers is!

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't know what parameters Sellars was working within. If a Graham Potter is out of our reach, he could have been tasked with finding "the next Graham Potter", in the same vein as when we try and identify value in young players.

However, it's very difficult to argue that everyone is on the same page when they don't even seem to be reading the same book. There's a massive disconnect somewhere.

Andi130

Reaction score
To have ended up with that list, as a Premiership club, when most of us are sat here scratching our heads at the recruitment policy, and approach. I certainly wouldn't rule any trail of thought. Lopitegui on one hand, that list on the other. Makes absolutely no logical sense.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To have ended up with that list, as a Premiership club, when most of us are sat here scratching our heads at the recruitment policy, and approach. I certainly wouldn't rule any trail of thought. Lopitegui on one hand, that list on the other. Makes absolutely no logical sense.

Who should've been on the list who wasn't?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true, and Percy usually is, then it doesn't look good for Sellars (and his supporters - Oatley, Keen, Madley, etc)
They're not his supporters. They just point out what they believe to be true. People on here do exactly the same and generally with a whole lot less information.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't buy the idea that there are 'X-type' players, whether Dyche is the 'X' or anyone else. Dyche's player choices will have been constrained by the owners of the clubs he has coached and how much money they had to spend. He has always made the most of what players has got.
He had the option to buy more flair type players at Burnley but decided to bring in 6 foot 4 bruisers.

All coaches(or clubs) bring in players to suit how they want to play. There’s no way Dyche would fancy most of our players nor could they adapt to how he plays. He has a reliance on physicality, how much do we have of that?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you know we deemed Emery not suitable?
Keen said we were never interested in him
They're not his supporters. They just point out what they believe to be true. People on here do exactly the same and generally with a whole lot less information.
funny how they only point out one side of the story.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No wonder Jeff is raging. I don’t quite know what to make of the club right now. Is Jeff giving his leadership team too much rope?

If Lopetegui demanded full ownership over the strategy then I’d be inclined to give it to him. It sounds like Scott and his team of merry men are ****ing into the wind.
Either way, I think it’s patently obvious that SS is so far away from a credible Technical Director/DoF that it’s genuinely scary.
And those first 2 sentences are the rub aren't they?We vacillate from Jeff has too much influence to not enough when in truth we have no idea.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keen said we were never interested in him

funny how they only point out one side of the story.
That’s my point. There’s lots of suitable candidates doesn’t mean they’re realistic or we’re interested. I’m sure they think Pep is suitable but he’s not realistic. Emery (I imagine) was a complete non starter and not approached as his compensation package was huge. Villa aren’t a beacon of how to do things it cost them £5 million in compensation for Slippy G and they’ve had to now pay up his contract so they’ve probably invested the thick end of £20 million in him and have done the same with Emery. Is it ambitious? Yes. Is it a misguided way to do business? Absolutely.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It would also explain why Sellars would probably be happy supporting the likes of Beale, but probably less so those like Emery or
Lopetegui. I mean who’s more likely to listen to and follow Sellars guidance? If you have weak and inexperienced people at the top, then given time, it will work its way down the organisation. That’s why we’ve missed having a proper DoF or an experienced football MD at the top since Fosun took over. Hire quality at the top, and they will fill their senior ranks with quality, and so on.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AVB,Fonseca,Conceciao,Genesio,Svensson,Jardim for starters. Can you explain how any of those on Sellars list deserved the job of manager at a premier league football team.

All those names are very well known and widely talked about on the bookies odds, so if they weren't considered, there will obviously have been a reason - probably price! If Sellars was given a budget to work towards, then just googling "most famous out of work managers" and suggesting those would be pointless. Also, it sounds like Svensson was on the Wolves shortlist at one point and AVB doesn't want to manage anymore, and certainly not in England.

I think there was probably some confusion around people like Edwards and that Chelsea coach being considered for a coaching role outside of the Manager/Head Coach, to provide continuity so we're not relying just on the youth coaches the next time a head coach is sacked.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I mean didn't they insinuate/say/write/tweet that Sellars was essentially sidelined/has no say/not involved and it was Mendes running the show?

I don't doubt Mendes influence but can't see him going for Edwards, Beale, Barry, etc.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
And those first 2 sentences are the rub aren't they?We vacillate from Jeff has too much influence to not enough when in truth we have no idea.
This. I'd also be very surprised if any of the higher-profile (?!) journalists (Oatley, Keen et al) have any real inkling.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins (who Dyche didn't pick at Burnley) and Killa? I can't think of anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom