Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Tickets

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised they've actually done this, I did say back at the time of Vinny's comments that it was the high end tickets that are where there is that difference between us and other clubs.

Unfortunately, the logic hasn't extended to elsewhere though and we haven't seen a drop at the lower end (which probably would have made this even more difficult to swallow for those worse off) to bring them more in line with other clubs too

Harsh on those who have those seats and the club could have managed that better even with them missing the boat of giving them the opportunity to move elsewhere, I suppose there'll be a chance for some to move elsewhere,

When you look at that, it’s really the higher end tickets which are out of kilter with the clubs they referenced and the lower end prices are actually quite high.

The problem the club have though is they perhaps didn’t give those in the more expensive seats the option to move to a cheaper area when they could have or at least forewarned them as other clubs have done (City did) and allowed them to move themselves.

Saying that if you look at Villa, there shouldn’t need to be anything more than a minor increase at the top end and there’s an argument for a drop at the other.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
When I was checking clubs tickets this morning, (I think it might have been Brighton) they allow sharing STs. The main concern was the requirement to show ID in relation to Covid................. but Brighton said: -

"Share a season ticket
Supporters who share a season ticket or give their ticket to a friend when they cannot make a game are in a similar boat when it comes to ID checks on the turnstiles. Again, the club have decided to help those who find themselves in this particular boat by offering fans the flexibility to share their ticket with friends and family for the first time. Season ticket holders who wish to share their ticket must pay a one-off upgrade of £20. They can then log into their account and inform the club that they would like to forward their ticket for a specific match to a MyAlbion+ member, who will then receive the ticket for the game in question.
Ticket sharing will only be applicable when the Amex is operating at full capacity again. If ballots are still being used to decide who is attending in reduced crowds, then season ticket holders will not be able to forward their ticket to another fan. For those supporters who want to resell their ticket to a stranger, the ticket exchange will still be in operation for matches which sell out."

So there are ways around this if the club wants to help fans.
Interestingly, if you can't attend, the ticket exchange at BHA gives you the full cash back value rather than the £15 ticket cash Wolves give you.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased I didn't try and sue the club for money they owed me for missed games that i'd paid for....... :)

Rebate attached and some wolves cash took my seat in Southbank to £423.

Happy days

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I was checking clubs tickets this morning, (I think it might have been Brighton) they allow sharing STs. The main concern was the requirement to show ID in relation to Covid................. but Brighton said: -

"Share a season ticket
Supporters who share a season ticket or give their ticket to a friend when they cannot make a game are in a similar boat when it comes to ID checks on the turnstiles. Again, the club have decided to help those who find themselves in this particular boat by offering fans the flexibility to share their ticket with friends and family for the first time. Season ticket holders who wish to share their ticket must pay a one-off upgrade of £20. They can then log into their account and inform the club that they would like to forward their ticket for a specific match to a MyAlbion+ member, who will then receive the ticket for the game in question.
Ticket sharing will only be applicable when the Amex is operating at full capacity again. If ballots are still being used to decide who is attending in reduced crowds, then season ticket holders will not be able to forward their ticket to another fan. For those supporters who want to resell their ticket to a stranger, the ticket exchange will still be in operation for matches which sell out."

So there are ways around this if the club wants to help fans.
We were able to share season tickets with nominated family or friends. Just had to do it in advance

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two more renewed for The South Bank..... next season might be a different matter though with the catch up of the price gap from this season and maybe another.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw that but assumed it was the other way around. By ticking the box, I thought you were indicating that you *did* want to buy the Cup tickets for your seat.
Re-read it and yeah. Just glanced at it when renewing this morning and didn't bother. Amended now.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can be pleased with a price increase.
Especially one as calculated as this.
To increase some parts of the ground by £35 and others £100+ is ridiculous.
Wait for the same increase again next season when there is no safety net to see what people really think.
To pay that much more in the Steve Bull is daylight robbery, especially as they themselves have said its not up to scratch.
I haven't seen it mentioned about the Direct Debit either that is now only over 6 months instead of 8.
They've been very calculated in this whole process

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait for the same increase again next season when there is no safety net to see what people really think.
To pay that much more in the Steve Bull is daylight robbery, especially as they themselves have said its not up to scratch.
I haven't seen it mentioned about the Direct Debit either that is now only over 6 months instead of 8.
Agreed. This was done to do as little bad PR as possible. Absolute calculated move. Not surprised or can I argue with the logic of it, people will pay, they'll pay when it goes up next year and so forth.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get it in proportion everybody. South Bank is £549 v £514 is 6.8% over 2 years. Thats only 3.4% percent per year so maybe above inflation but not by much.
Not many are complaining about behind the goal prices. I'm not. Others feel aggrieved, they're probably right to. If it were a 6.8% hike across the board there would be few complaints.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interestingly, if you can't attend, the ticket exchange at BHA gives you the full cash back value rather than the £15 ticket cash Wolves give you.
Wolves need to start doing this that way it would encourage more people to sell them on legitimately and the tickets to go to the correct people next down the loyalty points queue rather than just for a few quid to a mate.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get it in proportion everybody. South Bank is £549 v £514 is 6.8% over 2 years. Thats only 3.4% percent per year so maybe above inflation but not by much.
Good point but where does the previous 10% and 15% (average) rises sit against inflation?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still surprised how many fans seem relatively happy with the prices.

As a SBU STH I’ve had the hit (although won’t feel it until next season due to the rebate) in purchasing yesterday. It will be a tougher decision at £640 next season…

I’m 100% convinced this is the new policy, individual stand increases each season… so that it’s not everyone who is ****ed off at the same time. Clever tactic.

Reckon SBU will be flat (or minimal increase) next summer, with the substantial increases felt by STH in the North Bank and South Bank… and vice versa for seasons ahead.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still surprised how many fans seem relatively happy with the prices.

As a SBU STH I’ve had the hit (although won’t feel it until next season due to the rebate) in purchasing yesterday. It will be a tougher decision at £640 next season…

I’m 100% convinced this is the new policy, individual stand increases each season… so that it’s not everyone who is ****ed off at the same time. Clever tactic.

Reckon SBU will be flat (or minimal increase) next summer, with the substantial increases felt by STH in the North Bank and South Bank… and vice versa for seasons ahead.
Think thats wishful thinking on you're pat I'm afraid.

Think its more likely that we'll continue to see increased and that the difference between prices for different stands etc will continue to grow.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say people are happy but when you think, all we’ve had the last month is “my dog’s hairdresser’s binman has heard it’s £900”, and the prices aren’t as bad as people feared.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think thats wishful thinking on you're pat I'm afraid.

Think its more likely that we'll continue to see increased and that the difference between prices for different stands etc will continue to grow.

Wouldn’t say wishful, and not intended to be a “you just wait” comment in case it came across that way…

I do agree rises are going to continue across all stands but I think the gap between behind the goals and the side stands will narrow somewhat next summer. Then expand again the following season.

In many ways a potentially clever ploy, only ****ing off some sections each season, this season you have BW and SBU STH a bit annoyed while the other two stands are seemingly grateful, then the next summer you mix it up slightly, with larger rises elsewhere and then you get the BW & SBU relatively happy - all whilst consistently managing to increase prices year on year. Continue this process each summer.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say wishful, and not intended to be a “you just wait” comment in case it came across that way…

I do agree rises are going to continue across all stands but I think the gap between behind the goals and the side stands will narrow somewhat next summer. Then expand again the following season.

In many ways a potentially clever ploy, only ****ing off some sections each season, this season you have BW and SBU STH a bit annoyed while the other two stands are seemingly grateful, then the next summer you mix it up slightly, with larger rises elsewhere and then you get the BW & SBU relatively happy - all whilst consistently managing to increase prices year on year. Continue this process each summer.
I think that is what's known as a conspiracy theory

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say people are happy but when you think, all we’ve had the last month is “my dog’s hairdresser’s binman has heard it’s £900”, and the prices aren’t as bad as people feared.
Yes for most it's much better than the rumour mongers suggested. Feel a bit for the Bully upper, that's a steep increase and I can't see how it's justified.
Can console themselves with thoughts of how much it would have been if they'd rebuilt during the covid shutdown!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think we'll see another £50 price increase on all stands next summer. This summer it's put a stop to the club's view that those in the top tiers of the side stands were getting a bargain.... which isn't really the truth; the stands are miles from the pitch and bad facilities, and also due to the fact that a lot in those areas haven't got a choice where to have their ST as the club haven't extended the ground.
Over a couple of seasons this will change the atmosphere of the ground.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody would think its a business :D

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reasonably pleased with 433 to renew behind the goal North Bank lower. 65 at Christmas so next season i think the Billy Wright Upper will be just right for my Senior Citizen ass

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think the Steve Bull prices are obscene. It takes about 45 mins to get to your seat, you can’t get a drink and takes ages to get out. That stand should have been long gone by now.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody would think its a business :D
Any business that increased their prices by 15%, 10% and then 7-15% (depending on location) would rightfully be criticised by their customers (at very least)

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away fans allowed?? Don't think they've thought about that yet?

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SBU prices suck a massive dick. Worst to get in to, slowest to get out of. What justified the significant rise? Are side stands relatively more expensive elsewhere? Did we need to catch up? ********s.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, if you average it at £100 extra over say 20,000 fans they’ve made an extra £2m this year.

We’ve spunked that on Marcal ffs. A bloke who plays 3 games a year.

It’s pocket change to them. And yes I know it all helps with FFP but is it really necessary?!

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, if you average it at £100 extra over say 20,000 fans they’ve made an extra £2m this year.

We’ve spunked that on Marcal ffs. A bloke who plays 3 games a year.

It’s pocket change to them. And yes I know it all helps with FFP but is it really necessary?!
If you add all the millions up that folk think the club should just write off we'd get Messi and still have change for a Mbappe

Reaction score
Personally I think it’s disgraceful that Wolves have increased the STH prices for next season when the vast majority (if not all) of the other PL clubs have frozen their prices. :mad: The amount of extra revenue they will get is basically back of the sofa change to them so why do it, freezing the prices would have earned them a tremendous amount of goodwill. My seat is in the Billy Quiet Upper but is fortunately one of the outer seats I would have been well miffed if I’d had to pay the Centre Section increase. I will renew as I always do but I’m certainly not happy about it and I think by increasing them at all the club have demonstrated that this really is a business and they don’t care about the fans as much as they claim they do.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think it’s disgraceful that Wolves have increased the STH prices for next season when the vast majority (if not all) of the other PL clubs have frozen their prices. :mad: The amount of extra revenue they will get is basically back of the sofa change to them so why do it, freezing the prices would have earned them a tremendous amount of goodwill. My seat is in the Billy Quiet Upper but is fortunately one of the outer seats I would have been well miffed if I’d had to pay the Centre Section increase. I will renew as I always do but I’m certainly not happy about it and I think by increasing them at all the club have demonstrated that this really is a business and they don’t care about the fans as much as they claim they do.
Dear Points of View, I was disappointed to hear etc etc

Back
Top Bottom