Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season Ticket Refund

This isn't aimed to back the knuckle draggers "sack the board" "sack mick" "karl Henry" "boycot the ticket sales" etc

Been onto the ticket office and they said they're issuing refunds on season tickets aslong as you put it into writing.

Just thought some of you may find yourself in the same situation as me with a change of circumstances changing the cause of the next 12 months.

Hope it helps. :wavey:

J

JR's Boots

This isn't aimed to back the knuckle draggers "sack the board" "sack mick" "karl Henry" "boycot the ticket sales" etc

Been onto the ticket office and they said they're issuing refunds on season tickets aslong as you put it into writing.

Just thought some of you may find yourself in the same situation as me with a change of circumstances changing the cause of the next 12 months.

Hope it helps. :wavey:

That's very helpful. Did the ticket office say whether the refund was time bounded, i.e had to be done by a certain date?

The reason I ask, is that if Connor is appointed manager next season, I'll be wanting a refund.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure that there will be lots of people thinking about that, I am lucky enough to be able stick with it for next season at least. But my wife does give me some grief after 30 years, many of my mates have long since packed it in and I am coming under real pressure to make it this season the last.

E

Essex Wolf

That's very helpful. Did the ticket office say whether the refund was time bounded, i.e had to be done by a certain date?

The reason I ask, is that if Connor is appointed manager next season, I'll be wanting a refund.

Never ever thought I'd have a view like this but I find myself tending to agree with you. When push comes to shove not so such I'd be able to give it up and turn away from the club but with how things are going it is crossing my mind:confused:

Connor left in charge just doesn't bare thinking about.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never ever thought I'd have a view like this but I find myself tending to agree with you. When push comes to shove not so such I'd be able to give it up and turn away from the club but with how things are going it is crossing my mind:confused:

Connor left in charge just doesn't bare thinking about.

Terry Connor won't be the manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers next season, you know that, and I know that

There has to be a "manager in waiting" who is currently tied to another club (probably a promotion contender), and can't be named until season's end.

Retain your season ticket Essex Wolf, and keep the faith just like I have.

E

Essex Wolf

Terry Connor won't be the manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers next season, you know that, and I know that

There has to be a "manager in waiting" who is currently tied to another club (probably a promotion contender), and can't be named until season's end.

Retain your season ticket Essex Wolf, and keep the faith just like I have.

GA, if I were to give up my ST it would be the first time in well over 20 seasons, so many in fact I honestly can't recall but I know it's over 20.

When it comes to Wolves my heart clearly rules my head but I'm getting sick of who runs the club and how they run it. Change is needed and if Morgan remains he needs to make some big and positive changes at the end of this season.

Likelihood is I'll keep the thing and carry on using MM to have my rants.

Up the Wolves.

I asked if there was a "shut off" date for this... The guy said no. Obviously, you can't get a refund 3 games in :p

P

Penk Wolf

Anyone without a valid reason, who takes a refund, should be shot outside the Billy Wright stand.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep the faith indeed. What possible good can it do for the club if they have mass returns at a time when sales are down anyway?

Regardless of what is just the temporary situation that we find ourselves in, (and we are not down yet by the way), now is just one of those times in our history when true fans are needed more than ever. When the fans give up we really are finished, regardless of what mistakes have been made by the management team.

Looking back in years to come, I see this time as mearly a little blip in our progress to be an established top club again. It might not seem like it now, but we are still better placed than a few supposedly "safe" clubs in this league. The next few years will see some important financial changes in this league and then we will be doing quite nicely thank you very much.

Please don`t give up now, you`ll miss all the fun when it returns, and it will return.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What, pray, is a "valid Reason"?

Genuine changes of financial circumstances for one.

If anyone decides to simply go for a refund purely as a sort of token protest, then it is self defeating and will achieve nothing but harm to the clubs` future, and we all want the club to have a future don`t we.?

D

Deleted member 3518

Keep the faith indeed. What possible good can it do for the club if they have mass returns at a time when sales are down anyway?

Regardless of what is just the temporary situation that we find ourselves in, (and we are not down yet by the way), now is just one of those times in our history when true fans are needed more than ever. When the fans give up we really are finished, regardless of what mistakes have been made by the management team.

Looking back in years to come, I see this time as mearly a little blip in our progress to be an established top club again. It might not seem like it now, but we are still better placed than a few supposedly "safe" clubs in this league. The next few years will see some important financial changes in this league and then we will be doing quite nicely thank you very much.

Please don`t give up now, you`ll miss all the fun when it returns, and it will return.

Playing devil's advocate you could have said exactly the same thing when the club was being run into the ground by the Bhattis, or indeed at any point in our history. Indeed you could argue that as times were so desperate then it was even more important for the "true" fans to remain and stay strong. Whilst I am in no way comparing M&M to the Bhattis, other than in jest, many fans have serious concerns about the way the club has been managed over the last 12 months.

You then factor in the costs of tickets, the rip-off booking fees, poor PR etc, the economic climate, together with the ever increasing travel costs and it is easy to see why some fans maybe considering the refund option.

Finally,I've lost count of the number of times the "true" fans have posted comments about how much better the club would be without the fair-weather glory-seeking "moaners", well that theory may well be about to be put to the test.

For the record I have re-newed and don't envisage seeking a refund but can well understand those that do.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a free country and if you want a refund ask for one. I won't be!!!

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate you could have said exactly the same thing when the club was being run into the ground by the Bhattis, or indeed at any point in our history. Indeed you could argue that as times were so desperate then it was even more important for the "true" fans to remain and stay strong. Whilst I am in no way comparing M&M to the Bhattis, other than in jest, many fans have serious concerns about the way the club has been managed over the last 12 months.

You then factor in the costs of tickets, the rip-off booking fees, poor PR etc, the economic climate, together with the ever increasing travel costs and it is easy to see why some fans maybe considering the refund option.

Finally,I've lost count of the number of times the "true" fans have posted comments about how much better the club would be without the fair-weather glory-seeking "moaners", well that theory may well be about to be put to the test.

For the record I have re-newed and don't envisage seeking a refund but can well understand those that do.

The ones who have renewed knew all about those difficult financial circumstances when they decided to renew and must have decided that they could afford it anyway. I can fully appreciate the strain it must be for those that can not and I totally sympathise with them.

So the ones now considering a refund are not doing it on purely financial grounds. It has to be because they are not happy with where we are at the moment and with the bloke who is trying to manage us. They see it as a way of showing the club how they feel, but there are better ways to do this, by still being an important part of the club.

These are not valid reasons to give up on a club that they have more than likely been supporting for years. As I said before this is a blip in our history, and not the time to give up.

It`s been said many, many times, to appreciate the good you have to endure the bad. It`s just the way it is with Wolves.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Penk Wolf

It's slightly different people naturally disappearing, but to renew in March and then disappear in May is a bit different.

M

Monkey Man

I've not renewed because i'm just sick and tired of being taken for a mug.

If some of you want to swallow this $$$$ then fine but the only way the club will realise that things need to change is for people to vote with their feet.

D

Deleted member 3518

The ones who have renewed knew all about those difficult financial circumstances when they decided to renew and must have decided that they could afford it anyway. I can fully appreciate the strain it must be for those that can not and I totally sympathise with them.

So the ones now considering a refund are not doing it on purely financial grounds. It has to be because they are not happy with where we are at the moment and with the bloke who is trying to manage us. They see it as a way of showing the club how they feel, but there are better ways to do this, by still being an important part of the club.

These are not valid reasons to give up on a club that they have more than likely been supporting for years. As I said before this is a blip in our history, and not the time to give up.

It`s been said many, many times, to appreciate the good you have to endure the bad. It`s just the way it is.

So the majority of fans who gave up in the mid-80's had no valid reason? I attended at least 90% of the games during that period, home and away, and I can assure you (as you probably already know) the number of fans attending disappeared like morning snow in the afternoon sunshine! Perversely, at the time, I was accused of not being a "true" fan for supporting the club and by association the owners. The argument being that the "absent" fans were the "true" fans as they were staging a protest by non-attendance, indeed many of my friends only attended away games.

I don't necessarily agree that "to appreciate the good you have to endure the bad", it's just one of those trite comments thrown out to try and excuse failure. After all it's so relative, how do you define "bad" and "good", for Man Utd it's not winning/winning the CL, for Port Vale it's not playing/playing next week.

Interesting debate to be had about what constitues a "true" fan, the inference in your post is that anybody seeking a refund is not, so what about all those fans who didn't apply originally? Is somebody who only attends occasionally a "true" fan, and so the debate could go on?

My take on all this is everybody is different in the way they view life in general and Wolves in particular. From your posts it would appear that your view of supporting the club is to support the management in most things they do/say; for me I tend to start from the opposite viewpoint and question most things. Does that make you a "truer" fan than me, who knows?

One thing I do know is that God willing I'll be there to keep you HCs in line!!!!

D

Deleted member 3518

It's slightly different people naturally disappearing, but to renew in March and then disappear in May is a bit different.

In fairness, what has happened in the interim (since the start of the earlybird), the sacking of MM, the farce that culminated in TC's appointment and everything that's happened since is quite fundamental. Anybody renewing at the start of the manager hunt could not have envisaged what was to un-fold!

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the majority of fans who gave up in the mid-80's had no valid reason? I attended at least 90% of the games during that period, home and away, and I can assure you (as you probably already know) the number of fans attending disappeared like morning snow in the afternoon sunshine! Perversely, at the time, I was accused of not being a "true" fan for supporting the club and by association the owners. The argument being that the "absent" fans were the "true" fans as they were staging a protest by non-attendance, indeed many of my friends only attended away games.

I don't necessarily agree that "to appreciate the good you have to endure the bad", it's just one of those trite comments thrown out to try and excuse failure. After all it's so relative, how do you define "bad" and "good", for Man Utd it's not winning/winning the CL, for Port Vale it's not playing/playing next week.

Interesting debate to be had about what constitues a "true" fan, the inference in your post is that anybody seeking a refund is not, so what about all those fans who didn't apply originally? Is somebody who only attends occasionally a "true" fan, and so the debate could go on?

My take on all this is everybody is different in the way they view life in general and Wolves in particular. From your posts it would appear that your view of supporting the club is to support the management in most things they do/say; for me I tend to start from the opposite viewpoint and question most things. Does that make you a "truer" fan than me, who knows?

One thing I do know is that God willing I'll be there to keep you HCs in line!!!!

Rhoswolf. I am with you on most things on this and your previous one.

On another thread there have been comments regarding those who see it as their role in life to come out squealing as soon as anyone questions decisions from the club. But without questions being asked the whole thing will just carry on as it is. It is why the game is as it is.

Until fans mature up and 'evolve' the game will continue to be shafted.
Likewise the Moxey's will continue to help themselves while harming the clubs they claim to 'help' and 'work in the best interests of'

This 'have to have the bad' is indeed trite and apologist. Sorry PK but I am afraid it is.

For those of us who remember what it was like to have a club 'up there' the last thirty years or so have seen far too many apologies.

Even with the current state of the game it is not unreasonable to expect WWFC to be able to put together a club which can stay in the top-flight for a prolonged period at least playing football worth watching.

This season has seen the club and it's traditions once again short changed by poor management and apologies are just not acceptable.

Morgan bought the club and if he doesn't understand what he bought then he must take the flak.

As for the players and the Moxey. They earn a fortune for their failure and the only way to let them know what that means is by using sites like this one, sadly.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More games

More Wins

Better Officials

More 3 o clock Saturdays

Night games.

Less covereage.

Cannot wait for next season

T

TonySoprano

Anyone without a valid reason, who takes a refund, should be shot outside the Billy Wright stand.

I agree with this, can support the club even if you don't like or want the manager. Molineux being half empty will only make things worse, yet most of you on here pat yourselves on the back at the game singing, "loyal supporters", which is embarrassing enough as it is never mind when it's false.

M

Mugwump

I think the mess that Morgan and moxey have created is reason enough to ask for a refund. As moxey always says, football is a business, if you are not happy with the product, return it.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Examples please.

By still being the most important part of the club on the inside, as a fan. What sort of say can you have if you have given up and are not even in the ground supporting?

Folk think I defend the club too much and maybe I am too biased sometimes, but this season has been a shocker in terms of management decisions, and even I cannot defend this. I am still though, appalled to read of Steve Morgan being ridiculed as a person, yes, he has made some big mistakes, but who hasn`t. We must hope he will learn by them and that he stays as Wolves owner, because I would still not swop him for any other that is out there.

So, we need as many fans as possible to be part of the club, telling them what we think is wrong, you turn away and you give up any hope of having your say.

If our fans really care about our future and I know that they do, it is vital to stay with it. Anything else is handing the club over to people who however well meaning, cannot possibly care as much as we do.

B.N.W. your point about the "having to suffer the bad" etc. being an excuse for accepting second rate stuff and for being apologist, I see your point but I do still mantain that because of what we as Wolves fans have had to endure over the years, it does make for a much more intense pleasure when we do rarely achieve something. I would not swop that for being able to buy the plastic success that the other so called top clubs enjoy. Their fans haven`t got the first idea of how Woves fans can feel.

S

stattowolf

The whole reason of the Early Bird is that Wolves offer a discount to reward fans who take a gamble on the events of the last few months of the season. Its like a bookies offering odds on a team winning, but who offer refunds when people find out that the team has chosen to field its reserves for the match. What utter nonsense. For those seeking refunds based on events at Wolves, if you've renewed (like I have) its because you've decided to accept the risk offered. You've made your beds - lie in them!

S

stattowolf

By still being the most important part of the club on the inside, as a fan. What sort of say can you have if you have given up and are not even in the ground supporting?

Folk think I defend the club too much and maybe I am too biased sometimes, but this season has been a shocker in terms of management decisions, and even I cannot defend this. I am still though, appalled to read of Steve Morgan being ridiculed as a person, yes, he has made some big mistakes, but who hasn`t. We must hope he will learn by them and that he stays as Wolves owner, because I would still not swop him for any other that is out there.

So, we need as many fans as possible to be part of the club, telling them what we think is wrong, you turn away and you give up any hope of having your say.

If our fans really care about our future and I know that they do, it is vital to stay with it. Anything else is handing the club over to people who however well meaning, cannot possibly care as much as we do.

B.N.W. your point about the "having to suffer the bad" etc. being an excuse for accepting second rate stuff and for being apologist, I see your point but I do still mantain that because of what we as Wolves fans have had to endure over the years, it does make for a much more intense pleasure when we do rarely achieve something. I would not swop that for being able to buy the plastic success that the other so called top clubs enjoy. Their fans haven`t got the first idea of how Woves fans can feel.

I took a Man Utd fan (who does actually attend games at Old Trafford) with me to see us win the title at Barnsley. They win the title year in, year out. He was completely taken back. He'd never seen the sort of joy on show at Oakwell that day, and I don't think he ever will by watching Man Utd.

Why was that joy so raw? Because we've all been there, suffered the heartbreak, saw the baggies boinging when they overtook us for promotion, witnessed numerous play off heartaches, I could go on. That pain spurs us on, and boy does it feel good when we have the good times back

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I just don't get it, unless anyone has real financial reasons, asking for a refund on the basis of being relegated after a screw up of a season is just plain stupid. It's happened before and will happen again, it's not like we're being asset stripped and will end up in Division 4 in 3 years, get a grip.

I've only once not renewed and hat was a plain apathy Induced decision thanks to Hoddle, I was soon back in the fold the next season.

I'm getting fed up with all of this "sky's falling in, it's the end of the world rhetoric" cuz it isn't you know.

P

Penk Wolf

In fairness, what has happened in the interim (since the start of the earlybird), the sacking of MM, the farce that culminated in TC's appointment and everything that's happened since is quite fundamental. Anybody renewing at the start of the manager hunt could not have envisaged what was to un-fold!

Connor was appointed 10 days into the early bird. The people who renewed within 10 days won't be thinking of a refund.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I renewed my two season tickets via the Early Bird as it is a good deal.

Why would I want a refund?????????

I support Wolves.

I knew we were going to be in the Championship next year

So why would I want a refund???

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I just don't get it, unless anyone has real financial reasons, asking for a refund on the basis of being relegated after a screw up of a season is just plain stupid. It's happened before and will happen again, it's not like we're being asset stripped and will end up in Division 4 in 3 years, get a grip.

I've only once not renewed and hat was a plain apathy Induced decision thanks to Hoddle, I was soon back in the fold the next season.

I'm getting fed up with all of this "sky's falling in, it's the end of the world rhetoric" cuz it isn't you know.

I suppose it isn't as they do show live games from the Championship.

I think the problem is that the ticket isn't valid for 'a great competition....the best league in the world...the greatest show on earth...' anymore.

It hurts, it's like being robbed!...ask M&M how they feel about it.

Just realised it's about a refund not renewal!:)

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
anybody asking for a refund because we are going down in my eyes is not a real supporter , ive renewed mine and my sons early birds , ive been watching wolves since we were in div 4 , it does not matter to me that we wont be in the premier league , it'll hurt but we have to live with it , all the hurt and pain suffered in the past as given the die hard wolves fans thick skins , so when the glory hunters have downed their tools , me and my lad will be there next season , through thick and thin i believe the saying is

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What say can you have inside the ground?

I want Morgan to stay it`s the rest I want rid of.

Again what are the fans going to do inside the ground?

The whole reason of the Early Bird is that Wolves offer a discount to reward fans who take a gamble on the events of the last few months of the season. Its like a bookies offering odds on a team winning, but who offer refunds when people find out that the team has chosen to field its reserves for the match. What utter nonsense. For those seeking refunds based on events at Wolves, if you've renewed (like I have) its because you've decided to accept the risk offered. You've made your beds - lie in them!

I thought the `Early Bird` was to give a discount to existing st holders. It was when I last bought one.

I took a Man Utd fan (who does actually attend games at Old Trafford) with me to see us win the title at Barnsley. They win the title year in, year out. He was completely taken back. He'd never seen the sort of joy on show at Oakwell that day, and I don't think he ever will by watching Man Utd.

Why was that joy so raw? Because we've all been there, suffered the heartbreak, saw the baggies boinging when they overtook us for promotion, witnessed numerous play off heartaches, I could go on. That pain spurs us on, and boy does it feel good when we have the good times back

One of my last games, very enjoyable and as you say it`s because it`s a rare treat, which is why I try not to slag of those teams who don`t have many supporters, they might not have the numbers Wolves take but they are just as sincere.

Jeeeze, this thread has gone off the tracks...

This isn't a thread about getting a refund because you dont want to watch championship footie?
People do get a change in circumstances.. Me for example: Been shipped abroad in October for Work.
I know the "true fan police" will state i'm not a fan because i refuse to travel 24hrs on a plane every other week for the game. Just wished i worked in a factory packing chickens like the collective of protesters outside the BW do.

If you want to use this method to get a refund because YOU don't want to watch championship footie, you're stupid - it's been obvious we're going down well before the EB went on sale.

Back
Top Bottom