Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Scarborough v Wolves

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the same season as the Scarborough game, we also played Exeter City away on May bank holiday Monday. The official attendance was 4,915, but it was much more than that. Exeter was full of Wolves fans in the morning, and inside the ground Wolves must have outnumbered Exeter fans two to one. Fortunately I do not recall there being any trouble that day.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
In the same season as the Scarborough game, we also played Exeter City away on May bank holiday Monday. The official attendance was 4,915, but it was much more than that. Exeter was full of Wolves fans in the morning, and inside the ground Wolves must have outnumbered Exeter fans two to one. Fortunately I do not recall there being any trouble that day.
Great day as well we Jumped over the 2 feet barbed wire fence at the back of the away end.

Reaction score
Great day as well we Jumped over the 2 feet barbed wire fence at the back of the away end.
There was a fair few up the bank and pulling down the chain link fence to get in. Remember one lad getting nicked before getting in to the away end after about 20/30 of us had already got in. Messy day, ended up leaving a country pub on our knees with 2 pint takeaway cartons back home on Doreen & May coach

D

Deleted member 3518

Next time someone pipes up with “I hate so and so FC because there fans did this” I’m going to direct them to this thread :D;)

Still shining that Halo mate?;)

For the record far worse episodes than Scarborough but least said the better.

D

Deleted member 4594

Still shining that Halo mate?;)

For the record far worse episodes than Scarborough but least said the better.
Been arrested at games several times in my youth mate, I’m no angel!! ;)

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Gran live on opposite the ground (Edgehill road) and she just moved house, we went back to collect a few things after the Wolves game and the Windows and doors were smashed in, and some furniture broken up.
My aunt also worked in the Kiosk in the ground serving food that leads onto Edgehill Road, and she had drinks thrown at her when she sold out of food/drinks, so trust me, it might have been a great day out for some, but other it was NOT!

Somebody also nicked her big tea pot and threw it on the pitch.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next time someone pipes up with “I hate so and so FC because there fans did this” I’m going to direct them to this thread :D;)
Fair point. But from what I can see (I hadn't been to a game at this point and didn't start going away until the mid 90s) it looks like an extreme version of the sort of drunken yobbishness that was pretty normal when big crowds went away at that time. Remember, Leeds didn't 'just' raid the tea hut at Bradford in '86, they set fire to it, the year after the Bradford fire - there are degrees of ****tiness and we have never sunk that low. As far as I'm aware, we've never had a reputation as a bunch who used knives either, unlike several other clubs' fans (Liverpool, Everton, the Manc clubs, some London clubs). Not saying you're wrong to point that out we're no angels, just that there were nastier fans out there. Birmingham famously ran amok on the pitch vs Leeds, Stoke and Crystal Palace.

Back
Top Bottom