Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Scarborough v Wolves

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Was there class day out. Loved it when they let us in for free. Massive support don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Subway Grego(yes tango man) andaFat Jack hiding in the bogs at Tranmere as bogs were shared lol. Those were the days my friend but never as good as today.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I was there age 18. Neil Warnock first league game as a manager.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was there class day out. Loved it when they let us in for free. Massive support don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
i'll tell you otherwise, just a pathetic bunch of losers and an embarrassment to the real Wolves fans to me. what about the trips to Anfield, White Hart Lane, etc . not so brave then,

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
S
i'll tell you otherwise, just a pathetic bunch of losers and an embarrassment to the real Wolves fans to me. what about the trips to Anfield, White Hart Lane, etc . not so brave then,
Sorry mate upset you ? Was 18 myself went every game (yes all 3 Chorley games) took the rough with the smooth would never pretend we fought and never lose. We lost loads of times to be fair just remember loads of faces spent a lot of money following Wolves everywhere.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Was at Anfield when Steve scored , one of the best days of my life. Mate got robbed of his clothes before kick off and watched it in a boiler suit loved it. That's what memory's are made of.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there. The attendance was given as 7000 I think at the time - but we took loads that day. Basically took over the town.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Might be me but I don't think we really had 3000 - 4000 down the molecular. Think someone was cooking the books. Used to take the home crowd away every week. Do agree probably low 4500 no less.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Gran live on opposite the ground (Edgehill road) and she just moved house, we went back to collect a few things after the Wolves game and the Windows and doors were smashed in, and some furniture broken up.
My aunt also worked in the Kiosk in the ground serving food that leads onto Edgehill Road, and she had drinks thrown at her when she sold out of food/drinks, so trust me, it might have been a great day out for some, but other it was NOT!

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
My Gran live on opposite the ground (Edgehill road) and she just moved house, we went back to collect a few things after the Wolves game and the Windows and doors were smashed in, and some furniture broken up.
My aunt also worked in the Kiosk in the ground serving food that leads onto Edgehill Road, and she had drinks thrown at her when she sold out of food/drinks, so trust me, it might have been a great day out for some, but other it was NOT!
Sorry to hear that mate never Condone theft or abuse towards women or anyone doing their job.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
S

Sorry mate upset you ? Was 18 myself went every game (yes all 3 Chorley games) took the rough with the smooth would never pretend we fought and never lose. We lost loads of times to be fair just remember loads of faces spent a lot of money following Wolves everywhere.
doesn't upset me mate, i just compare the same fans acting like mice at bigger and more renowned grounds. giving it the big un at little ol Scarborough didn't impress me, broadcasting it again when its best forgotten.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I arrived on the Wednesday.
Rode my m/bike up from holiday in Newquay.
440 mile (sore back side) just stopped once for a burger and a natural.
Had a tour of ground on the Thursday, they were still building the gates then.
100 a side football on beach on Friday and Saturday morning.
Pubs ran out of draught, bottles and spirits.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
doesn't upset me mate, i just compare the same fans acting like mice at bigger and more renowned grounds. giving it the big un at little ol Scarborough didn't impress me, broadcasting it again when its best forgotten.
Thing is it IS part of Wolves history, whether good or bad.
By far more horrendous, devasting things have happened around the World over the decades, but we still talk / debate them.
Becsuse they actually happened
Good or bad, makes us what we are today

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
doesn't upset me mate, i just compare the same fans acting like mice at bigger and more renowned grounds. giving it the big un at little ol Scarborough didn't impress me, broadcasting it again when its best forgotten.[/QUOTEAgree mate but a lot wrong that day wasn't Wolves making. They put the biggest club against the newest club and Leeds also wanted a piece of it. Remember the kiosk getting robbed and never really understood as had nothing left to rob.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Was there with my Dad and Uncle- only me left now- so many years ago. It wasn't a pleasant day at all- really was a day from the 80's before CCTV and being held accountable to violence and bad behaviour was there to stop people doing whatever they wanted to do. Lots of fights and ****ty behaviour- ruined the game and day out for us. Don't want to sound like a big pussy, because I have seen/done some ****ty stuff away in my younger times that I'm not proud of- but that wasn't a good day at all.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate but times they change. Should never have been the first game also Leeds were Up for it which we knew although pre mobile phone. Didn't agree with the stealing and would never Condone abuse of any employee. But as I say the day itself was a right crac

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
I must say if people get offended today at football perhaps they are supporting the wrong game. Was crazy before compared to today. God bless you wasn't born sooner.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thing is it IS part of Wolves history, whether good or bad.
By far more horrendous, devasting things have happened around the World over the decades, but we still talk / debate them.
Becsuse they actually happened
Good or bad, makes us what we are today

lets just put it down to you were just 18yrs old then. as i was double your age at the time i saw things different. that day made me ashamed to being a Wolves fan. those good folk from Scarborough and there pre match hospitality deserved better than that.

lets kick it out of our history, those days have long gone.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
lets just put it down to you were just 18yrs old then. as i was double your age at the time i saw things different. that day made me ashamed to being a Wolves fan. those good folk from Scarborough and there pre match hospitality deserved better than that.

lets kick it out of our history, those days have long gone.
At least you saw the best Wolves team ever. Let's hope that changes soon. Envious

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I must say if people get offended today at football perhaps they are supporting the wrong game. Was crazy before compared to today. God bless you wasn't born sooner.
Lot of youngsters on here. I have been to plenty of games that were worse than that- seen people being stabbed behind the Kippax at Man City- fans being bottled in pubs in Brum and sunny Grimsby. Plymouth have got some maniacs as supporters, believe me. Different world now. Closest I ever got to being killed was at Man City- being chased around the side of the ground half an hour before kickoff by a group of lads that were not football supporters for sure. No police were around at the time. So much blood! All part of it, at that time.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At least you saw the best Wolves team ever. Let's hope that changes soon. Envious
you know what mate, i have waited years for what is about to happen at the Wolves, i think we all deserve our clubs fortunes to change and change for years to come.

Lofty wolf

Reaction score
Just recognise some short fat hairy bloke in front of the stand.

I caught the train from Portsmouth ,solo , through London, change at Leeds change at York.
Lost my wallet and ticket on the way back. London Wolves told the ticket inspector I was with them but at Waterloo I had to phone my dad to go to Wolverhampton station and buy me a ticket back to Portsmouth.
He was not a happy bunny

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Lol went to City and my mate drove A 10 year old says quid to keep your motor safe mate. Mate giving it big one tells him to f off. ( Band game by the way cup midweek so trying to blend in ) he couldn't believe it when we got back and all windows smashed. Pain in the **** to get home but wouldn't change a thing.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score

I caught the train from Portsmouth ,solo , through London, change at Leeds change at York.
Lost my wallet and ticket on the way back. London Wolves told the ticket inspector I was with them but at Waterloo I had to phone my dad to go to Wolverhampton station and buy me a ticket back to Portsmouth.
He was not a happy bunny
All memories though mate that's what football is or should be.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
you know what mate, i have waited years for what is about to happen at the Wolves, i think we all deserve our clubs fortunes to change and change for years to come.
You'll do for me mate. Been waiting 40 years. Had some good times but far to many bad. But you know what I loved every minute.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score

He was not a happy bunny
Used to hook up with London Wolves years ago when they used to come through Tamworth. Lots of respect for those guys, we ain't been that great untill recent for a long time.

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was not a happy bunny

Oi Lofty! I wasnt slightly over-weight then,
We had just carried the stretcher across the pitch.
Bit weird really, as it was kicking off all round us.
But didnt get involved, just leant on barrier on side of pitch.

tamworth

Groupie
Reaction score
Oi Lofty! I wasnt slightly over-weight then,
We had just carried the stretcher across the pitch.
Bit weird really, as it was kicking off all round us.
But didnt get involved, just leant on barrier on side of pitch.
Remember you too. Me and my mate was looking after the future for some buzzard reason.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there.
Biggest club in the 4th division so make their first match of the season at a seaside destination, whatever could go wrong?

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there.
Biggest club in the 4th division so make their first match of the season at a seaside destination, whatever could go wrong?
Yep. It's one of them isn't it. Over the years people have said the Football League shouldn't have allowed it to happen. But then you get into extremely complicated situations with intervening with the fixtures. And then it might have all happened anyway if it was a Wednesday night in the middle of the season.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at Anfield when Steve scored , one of the best days of my life. Mate got robbed of his clothes before kick off and watched it in a boiler suit loved it. That's what memory's are made of.
I was in an arcade in Wolverhampton - total disbelief when the result came over the radio.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember it well as it was fairly local to me However on the morning of the game I was called out by work and heard the result in Cyprus

Back
Top Bottom