Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saw Steffen Freund at the zoo today looking at meerkats

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where's the strangest place you have seen a footballer, and who was it?

Bonus points if it's Jamie O'Hara, Muscat and Curle down shatlantis - minus points

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dean Sturridge in a sandwich shop in Kidderminster. When a fit girl walked passed he whistled at her and ran out the shop to check her out.

He didn't come back so I guess he got lucky

J

johnybig32

I was drunk and wearing a Christmas hat on Broad Street where I started singing " there's only one Jo Lescott!" To him and a bemused George Ndahs.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen Don Goodman on the NEC shuttle bus, Craig Johnstone outside Harrods, Carlton Cole outside Wembley on a non-matchday, Niklas Bendtner and Martin Dahlin at Copenhagen airport (on separate occasions), Niall Quinn at a coffee shop in Dublin, Ray Parlour at Excel and, alarmingly, Alan 'Smudger' Smith on three separate occasions in Starbucks in St Albans, Canary Wharf and Birmingham Airport. And that's just the ones that spring to mind.

D

Deleted member 4152

Bergkamp in amici mai. Paul stewart in amici mai. Marsden in, best not go there

B

BournemouthWanderer

Met Tony Adams at reception of a local golf club near where I live, and also saw Stephen Hunt in a petrol station when going home from a Wolves game which he was not involved in. Also, Lukas Podolski was at a club 30 seconds from where I am in living in Cologne.

D

Deleted member 4152

I've seen Don Goodman on the NEC shuttle bus, Craig Johnstone outside Harrods, Carlton Cole outside Wembley on a non-matchday, Niklas Bendtner and Martin Dahlin at Copenhagen airport (on separate occasions), Niall Quinn at a coffee shop in Dublin, Ray Parlour at Excel and, alarmingly, Alan 'Smudger' Smith on three separate occasions in Starbucks in St Albans, Canary Wharf and Birmingham Airport. And that's just the ones that spring to mind.

Hit balls in the next bay to goodman down the three hammers, bigger bloke than i expected for some reason.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it earlier David Davis in PureGym not long back

John Hartson coming out of Drayton Manor zoo

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met Forde, Ismail and Mcalinden in Hollywood bowls

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brian Clough got his grandchildren to stand to one side to let my old man (who had difficulty walking) get on a flight to Alicante.

My Mrs served Michael Owen, Steve Macmanaman and Steven Gerrard in Thorntons and she also served Bryan Robson who paid with cash from the biggest roll of £50 notes she has ever seen.

Steve Bull buying milk in our CO-OP.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sat next to Frank Worthington at a Cheap Trick gig in Birmingham Odeon ca 1980.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lescott with a bird at Pizza Hut buffet in Dudley around 2003.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jan 13. 2am. Cahpel Ash kebab shop. Steven Bull.

It's up there with the Reading play off away game as a great memory [emoji106]

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Bumped into Neville Southall in Boots - literally. It was like hitting a brick wall.

C

cooper_J

I once stood in a tiny lift in a Kingston car park with former Albion midfielder Zoltan Gera and his young daughter.

I'd just spent the afternoon teaching PE so was wearing a Wolves training top.

He just looked and gave me an uncomfortable and embarrassed smile.

D

Deleted member 4099

I saw Kenny Dalglish in the lift at Bellagio in Las Vagas also saw Posh and Becks in the restaurant there as well on the same trip. They had photos taken with my mom for her 50th birthday.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Keith Curle in the gritty little old paper shop in Chapel Ash. Forgot the nane of it.

306NOTOUT

Paul Merson in ws1 nightclub.no surprise
Collymore last month in cannock sainsburys although I used to work there so used to see him loads.
Micky Quinn coming out of kings cross tube station
I let matt Murray across a zebra crossing in four oaks a couple of months back
Dion Dublin Stafford services

That's just the recent ones

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a few to be fair. One that springs to mind though was Rio Ferdinand upstairs in Sobar, Bham, about 10 years ago on a sat night.

Also, couple years ago was on the marina in Villamoura in the day, about 90 degrees, and some $$$$ in a full white suite and long blonde hair strolled past pushing a pram. Robbie Savage.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once saw Louis Jean in the Lemon Tree at Wolverhampton Train Station.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not an unusual place with saw Chris Iwelumo and Martin Paterson (both at Burnley at the time) in a nightclub in Stoke once.

Iwelumo was swimming in young blonde ladies.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw Terry Cooper and Norman Hunter in the Toorak Hotel swimming pool (in Torquay) just after the 1970 World Cup. They were on hols with their families I suppose. Terry went every week the same dates.

Luckily Norman didn't bite my 8 year old legs that day :D

Wow can you imagine today's World Cup stars and PL "big four" players holidaying in a 3 star Torquay hotel?

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to deliver Ron "Chopper" Harris's newspaper to his house in Ewell village, Surrey.

I seem to have specialized in meeting 70s harder players.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all strange but in recent times:
Stephen Ward in Ikea when he was a good guy.
Robbie Dennison in Merry Hell.
Kevin Cooper, Paul Jones (the 1989 version) and Lee Mills - regularly on the kids school playground.

S

Smudgewolf

Kenny Samson in hotel toilets in Birmingham
The most of the wolves team in services on the M5. I spoke to Mark Clyde,) just after his international debut) & Seol Ki-Hyeon
Bully in WH Smith’s
Not a footballer but I once stood behind Richie Woodhall in a Halifax

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole Wolves team on our plane coming back from Dublin- 2008ish (Just played Bohemians) great craic, especially my mate Roy telling Mick they should have all been on seperate flights to avoid losing the whole team in a plane crash!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John Fashanu outside Cinderella-Rockerfellas nightclub in Lincoln (circa 1984). "do you know who i am...?" What a tool!!!!
I'd have slapped him if I wasn't a complete coward! :D

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have served most of the Rangers coaching staff under Walter Smith around 2007-2008, worked in a bar in glasgow that was near some of there solicitors and football agent, was privy to a few meetings and signings of a few players. Served them the following day after Rangers first away win in the Champions League, tips were good that day...

Edin Dzecko having a coffee in Manchester, there is probably a few others I can't remember currently .

B

bridgnorthwolf

Kenny Samson in hotel toilets in Birmingham
The most of the wolves team in services on the M5. I spoke to Mark Clyde,) just after his international debut) & Seol Ki-Hyeon
Bully in WH Smith’s
Not a footballer but I once stood behind Richie Woodhall in a Halifax

Mark Clyde used to live in the same street as me, plus I've played with and against him many times and have saved a penalty from him. It was travelling some though, definitely made my hand sting!

I've been at a barbecue with Richie Woodhall. He lived two or three doors down from someone I knew well in Little Dawley.

Also another footballer at a random place, I was stood at a urinal in the NIA just before a Guns n Roses concert and Olof Mellberg came in and stood at the next urinal.

S

Smudgewolf

Mark Clyde used to live in the same street as me, plus I've played with and against him many times and have saved a penalty from him. It was travelling some though, definitely made my hand sting!

I've been at a barbecue with Richie Woodhall. He lived two or three doors down from someone I knew well in Little Dawley.

Also another footballer at a random place, I was stood at a urinal in the NIA just before a Guns n Roses concert and Olof Mellberg came in and stood at the next urinal.

Dostna mention Dawley Parva jockey lad. I'll tell thee bout Dawley Magna, cos I ain't sin it for a jonner!

Sorry had to "go Dawley" for that reply!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ricardo Fuller & Leon Cort in a nightclub while I was at Uni in Stoke. Think it was Jumping Jacks/Liquid (not quite sure). Fuller was a bit of a $$$$$.

Adam Proudlock used to play for my local Sunday league side (think he was best mates with one of the guys lads). Played in a Asian tournaments for us. Sound lad.

Michael Kightly & Andy Keogh turned up at my school to hand out some award to some kids and since we weren't in a lesson at the time me and my mate went out and got our pics taken and autographs signed. Think we ended up singing a few songs too towards them. Not sure who was more embarrassed by that bit; the teachers or Kightly & Keogh.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once saw Marc Hottiger ice skating in Telford. And Francis Benali arguing with a man at Sainsburys over a parking space.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

Alex Stepney in the car park opposite Halesowen Post Office. Went over to speak to him, a really nice guy.
Howard Webb in a restaurant in Nerja, Spain. The centre of attention and loving it.

Back
Top Bottom