Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saunders 16 Games = 17 Points

UEAwolf

Reaction score
He is perhaps the most dreadful appointment I can remember.

I still cannot believe we got rid of Solbakken and to replace him with the likes of Dean Saunders and Brian Carey is beyond a joke.

That 'DOF' has a lot to answer for as well I think.

We're rotten from top to bottom.

S

Shropshirelad

Not good enough, he never was but to be fair with this shower of $$$$$$ I don't think Fergie could have turned us around! That said Morgan is a disgrace and what hurts he doesn't give a toss.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Totally out of his depth, no tactics no imagination and no discipline in this club

Sack him and get Dean Smith in now !

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember him announcing upon his appointment: I know how to get a team out of this division.

Seems he wasn't lying.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sack him now and get Adkins or McDermott in....oh hang on

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solbakken, 26 games = 31 points. Not exactly a marked improvement, and averaged over a season wouldn't guarantee survival yet either.

In summary, both a bag of $$$$e.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crap manager, crap CEO, crap owner, crap players. Explains why we are 23rd and going down.

G

goujen

Sorry no i think the players got Solbakken the Sack as they are lazy $$$$s and dont do what they are payed to do.
They got rid of him because he wanted to spend in january and the owners wasnt having that.

P

Paul76

At any other club, there would be no way Dino would keep his Job. This is Wolverhampton Wombles though, with Scouse clown running the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HedmarkViking

UEAWolf is on the money... something happened back in the Oct/Nov and the repercussions will continue to run and run this summer... so sad.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Just such an unnecessarily risky appointment. Why didn't we just appoint someone with a proven Championship record like Coyle?

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just such an unnecessarily risky appointment. Why didn't we just appoint someone with a proven Championship record like Coyle?

I guess for the same reason they didn't consider sticking with Mick - if we were to get promoted again it'd just be more of the same. Still, at this very moment in time...

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a look back at the comments when the $$$$ was appointed.

Nobody can say that hindsight has been used here.

It was so obvious right from the start!

1908radford

I would never have thought it but after today im beginning to wonder if we need to take the drop to force big changes on the club!
Last time we were in such a state we sacked the manager cleared the squad and gave MM time to rebuild from scratch and create a squad thats got belief and desire!
We are never going to compete with this bunch of wasters!

S

Supanick

Steve Bruce - I said all along he would have done a good job, could hardly have done any worse, we are a true laughing stock !!!

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Bruce - I said all along he would have done a good job, could hardly have done any worse, we are a true laughing stock !!!

Didn't want him, but bloody hell............

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He wasn't recommended by the Wrexham chairman.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sticking up for him at all but he wasn't even given the chance in the transfer or loan windows by Morgan.

1908radford

The managerial appointments made have been diabolical !
In any other profession anyone else would have been sacked long before they had chance to do it again!
It goes from bad to worse!

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Not sticking up for him at all but he wasn't even given the chance in the transfer or loan windows by Morgan.

Considering he rates Hunt and Edwards and brought in Gorkss with a view to a permanent transfer - we can only be thankful.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No comparison with Solbakken and Saunders as under Staale the players were undermining him and they have apparently loved every minute under "Deano". Even Saunders identified three factions (that's worth a thread on it's own).

I don't recall Solbakken ever picking a midfield as bad as Hunt, Henry, O'Hara, Ward which must be the slowest midfield in the division.

He had a certain Polish winger on the right before he got injured. In fact I would go so far as saying that was the defining event of our season, Peszko getting injured.

Wonder whatever happened to him?

A

Andy Grays perm

By May he will have had nearly half a seasons worth of games as Manager. At best we may just scrape survival. Yet despite that and todays shocking performance some will still argue "he needs time", "he needs to bring in his players", "he's a chance for a new start" and "he's done it before in League one look at Doncaster". Well here is another one to add to that list:
HE'S NOT ******* GOOD ENOUGH!!.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets also remember how many games he had to save Doncaster and he still got them relegated.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I look at every manager who come here. I think Mark Robbins will do well, he was backed up all game by his management team making tactical decisions. Saunders was stood on his own shouting "Run faster"

Can't we start an online petition to force Wolves to appoint a real manager.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
9pts clear of relegation when you come in to a club with the 2nd biggest budget in the division.

And yet you get relegated.

I wouldn't touch Saunders if I was a chairman of a L2 side.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
9pts clear of relegation when you come in to a club with the 2nd biggest budget in the division.

And yet you get relegated.

I wouldn't touch Saunders if I was a chairman of a L2 side.

Yeah but it's still all Stale's fault.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saunders speaking utter $$$$e as usual. He is a joke! Full of excuses about injuries!
Why no subs on the pitch Saunders like Huddersfield did?
Calls Jermaine Beckford Darren Beckford!
Deano says we are on form! You couldnt make it up!

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nominated for Manager of the Month - then when the panel stopped laughing he didn't get it.

Imagine if he had? it'd add to the tripe he comes out with after the match

D

Darryl Revok

Agreed. We needed steadying desperately at that point - not another unproven punt.

It is also the haste in which he was appointed that I can't understand either. When questioned about it, Morgan said he couldn't win, when he appointed Connor it was too long a process and now journos were moaning that this was too quick.

There's no happy medium with Morgan, just kneejerk after continual kneejerk.

D

Dorset DeWolf

No comparison with Solbakken and Saunders as under Staale the players were undermining him and they have apparently loved every minute under "Deano". Even Saunders identified three factions (that's worth a thread on it's own).

I don't recall Solbakken ever picking a midfield as bad as Hunt, Henry, O'Hara, Ward which must be the slowest midfield in the division.

He had a certain Polish winger on the right before he got injured. In fact I would go so far as saying that was the defining event of our season, Peszko getting injured.

Wonder whatever happened to him?

His choice midfield of Sako - O'Hara - Edwards - Davis

3 are injured, hardly his fault!! Solbakken had all these players available and still did $$$$!!

Solbakken was a $$$$ who was ruining this club, he's been gone ages now let's move on and forget him as a costly mistake!!

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the players should be run out of town with saunders at the front

Back
Top Bottom