Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Saturday afternoon at The Hawthorns

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If my daughter came back one day and said she supported west brom then I would kick her out and change the keys until she came to her senses.

No, im not joking either.

D

dy1

If my daughter came back one day and said she supported west brom then I would kick her out and change the keys until she came to her senses.

Imagine our "horror" 30 years ago when my sister walked in to introduce her new fella to us..............a boinga from Sedgley no less, that knife was cold and sharp when it was twisted.......................i mean $$$$ sake Sedgley :eek:

L

liquidatorwolf

I'm bewildered with how the $$$$ it happened....I really am that article makes me sick

W

WasStefan

An interesting view of a #Wolves fan on #Albion territory that Molineux Mix have put up. See http://t.co/MCt99Qth #wwfc #wbafc

Tim Nash is loving it, are you a registered user, Tim? :D

O

Oaky65

My step daughter is an Albion fan so are her two older brothers ( yes I feel sorry for them too )
A few weeks ago her dad who works for west brom got her the chance to be a mascot
I was asked to go by her mom but refused !
I just couldn't go there in the home end with all those Tesco fans
It would have just felt so wrong

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I'm bewildered with how the $$$$ it happened....I really am that article makes me sick

I would suggest it is rebellion (possibly through external influence) on her part or neglect in duty of care on the parents part.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to the blog, couldn't disagree with a lot of that

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't say things such as the matchday programme and amenities around the ground matter a jot to me. More fool him!

M

Mister Rabbit

My youngest plays football with the Albion Foundation and goes on their soccer camps. Cracking set up and nice people.

I think you should let kids form their own identity, luckily he chose Wolves and has a good bit of banter with the Albion coaches.

I would much rather he chose Albion than be another Man U gloryhunter. But even I would draw the line at taking him to the third biggest club in Birmingham!

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor parenting. End of.

Thoroughly agree. Surely any decent parent would have mentioned prostitution [easy money] or drug-use [fun with like-minded friends] as a more appropriate way of spending a Saturday afternoon.

L

long ball man

I hope some of these comments are tongue in cheek, though I might have said the same in the past.

I have had more visits to this one blog entry than about the last 20 work related ones.

Worcester Wolf - that's kind of the point really. None of us care less about amenities beacuse we are committed fans rather than objective consumers. Just a little exercise to see what it would be like if we treated football like any other business we might give our custom too,

L

liquidatorwolf

My youngest plays football with the Albion Foundation and goes on their soccer camps. Cracking set up and nice people.

I think you should let kids form their own identity, luckily he chose Wolves and has a good bit of banter with the Albion coaches.

I would much rather he chose Albion than be another Man U gloryhunter. But even I would draw the line at taking him to the third biggest club in Birmingham!

:dong:

R

RichDavi

Suppose I'll cross this bridge when I come to it but if my kids didn't support Wolves I'd be devastated. Especially given how my dad didn't give a damn about football and I had to wait till I was 14 till I started supporting Wolves and missed out on some amazing times (missed the Hoddle era so not all bad).

N

Notposh

definately bad parenting, some years ago whilst working overseas my daughter wanted a manure shirt, she was told she will be getting a wolves shirt and like it, she is a wolves fan now and has been since that day, and the good girl used the red rag that a work colleague bought for her on a guy the following november when back in uk

D

Dewsburywolf

Just as long as you don't change the locks, that really would be cruel :rolleyes:

L

long ball man

One thing you didn't say. Did you enjoy it more than this seasons visits to Molineux?

err...good question.

I went there with nil expectation and also no emotional investment. It was okay in the way having a reasonable cup of coffee was okay. I think I proved to myself I could only go to the occasional game as a neutral; once you lose the tribalism you lose much of the interest.

Going to the Wolves is either an absolute joy or a total nightmare.

Just to put things in context its not as if I expect my daughter to become an STH at the Albion or anything...as I say in the article she only supports them to wind me up, so I am fairly sanguine about it.

A

andyc225

Ever since I've been out of town working at different places (and across Europe) I've been taking in different matches as a neutral, purely out of a love for football really. Thing is, I'd never cheat on my first love by going to the Poorthorns.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good article. I sometimes used to go to the Hawthorns with an Albion supporting mate as a teenager and I didn't think it differed much if at all to the Molineux 'match day' experience. The only difference for me was I didn't have to pay for my ticket because the person I went with was friends with an Albion player.

L

liquidatorwolf

err...good question.

I went there with nil expectation and also no emotional investment. It was okay in the way having a reasonable cup of coffee was okay. I think I proved to myself I could only go to the occasional game as a neutral; once you lose the tribalism you lose much of the interest.

Going to the Wolves is either an absolute joy or a total nightmare.

Just to put things in context its not as if I expect my daughter to become an STH at the Albion or anything...as I say in the article she only supports them to wind me up...so I took her to a game

See post #2:dong:

T

TonySoprano

I hope some of these comments are tongue in cheek, though I might have said the same in the past.

I have had more visits to this one blog entry than about the last 20 work related ones.

Worcester Wolf - that's kind of the point really. None of us care less about amenities beacuse we are committed fans rather than objective consumers. Just a little exercise to see what it would be like if we treated football like any other business we might give our custom too,

Why are you giving the Albion some of your hard earned? Very strange.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
utterly amazing

I totally agree with sedgewolf it just wouldnt happen. My daughter will be taken to the wolves as soon as she is old enough simple as that and if she decided different the beating stick would have to come out!!

mister-t

Reaction score
many years ago,my daughter supported albion,now my whole familly are die hard wolves fans.my dad god rest his soul attended his first game in 1928,it was a hard pill to swallow,i tried everything to change her ways
she was young and inpressionable,i had no choice i took her albion shirt down the pub hung it in a tree and ritually burnt in a tree in front of her and my wolves mates.told her she can support anyone except them,or man u,at the time alan smith was playing for leeds and she had a crush on him so leeds it was then,lesser of two evils,untill she got older and started going out with an albion fan,he was never allowed in my house
use to make him wait outside,anyway she soon dumped him.she still supports leeds and she is expecting her first child in a few weeks,my first grandkid so i will have to get in there quick to make sure the child follows the right path and supports the rightous ones,wwfc forever

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
many years ago,my daughter supported albion,now my whole familly are die hard wolves fans.my dad god rest his soul attended his first game in 1928,it was a hard pill to swallow,i tried everything to change her ways
she was young and inpressionable,i had no choice i took her albion shirt down the pub hung it in a tree and ritually burnt in a tree in front of her and my wolves mates.told her she can support anyone except them,or man u,at the time alan smith was playing for leeds and she had a crush on him so leeds it was then,lesser of two evils,untill she got older and started going out with an albion fan,he was never allowed in my house
use to make him wait outside,anyway she soon dumped him.she still supports leeds and she is expecting her first child in a few weeks,my first grandkid so i will have to get in there quick to make sure the child follows the right path and supports the rightous ones,wwfc forever

Quality. Love this sort of stuff.

I wiped a bit of snot one the windows of the $$$$ club shop down Merry Hill the weekend. Couldnt resist.

Childish and pathetic yes i know. Those $$$$as just bring out the worst in me though.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

Excellent stuff!

Every family needs a DoF in it to keep things in order...

That's 'DICTATOR OF FOOTBALL'...

tipton81

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Quality. Love this sort of stuff.

I wiped a bit of snot one the windows of the $$$$ club shop down Merry Hill the weekend. Couldnt resist.

Childish and pathetic yes i know. Those $$$$as just bring out the worst in me though.

:D

Nice. It's all about the small victories. I'm going up Merry Hill today on a bogey mission!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:D

Nice. It's all about the small victories. I'm going up Merry Hill today on a bogey mission!

Exactly, and thats all we have got im afraid mate, for the foreseable future anyway!

tipton81

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mission bogey is go.

I can also confirm my associate (a Villa fan), walked into the shop, farted and did a couple of circuits of the store before walking out.

L

liquidatorwolf

Fair play mister-t, the last few posts above are great

Back
Top Bottom