Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully his luck is levelling out - A goal off his shoulder and I doubt he deliberately hit it into the ground and over the defender last night, so a bit of a fortuitous strike I would suggest. Things seem to be going his way. Long may it continue.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was going on with his little tantrum in the first half? Had the whole of the ground worried for a moment tor two

Wasn't there but just going off following online commentary, sounds like he was on the receiving end of a dangerous tackle which went unpunished, so he lost his head a bit - perhaps understandable given his previous injury concerns.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Did anybody else notice he had an ice pack or strapping on his knee at full time on the lap of the pitch?…guessing just procedure after his ACL as he was walking fine…worried me slightly though!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we carry on being careful with him regardless of goalscoring form. I’d rather be frustrated that he isn’t starting some games than being gutted that he’s on the treatment table. He’s the one player in the squad who we need to manage perfectly to get the best out of them for as long as possible as the likelihood is that any injury sustained won’t be a few days and back training.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we carry on being careful with him regardless of goalscoring form. I’d rather be frustrated that he isn’t starting some games than being gutted that he’s on the treatment table. He’s the one player in the squad who we need to manage perfectly to get the best out of them for as long as possible as the likelihood is that any injury sustained won’t be a few days and back training.

Yep, even Wolves aren't daft enough to start him twice in a week after only getting five-min sub cameos before then, surely...

Fabio again on Sunday with Sasa on for last 20 or so I reckon. Maybe a bit longer if we're desperate for a change at that point in the game.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, even Wolves aren't daft enough to start him twice in a week after only getting five-min sub cameos before then, surely...

Fabio again on Sunday with Sasa on for last 20 or so I reckon. Maybe a bit longer if we're desperate for a change at that point in the game.
Exactly this. The temptation will be there for GON to start him but there was/is clearly a plan put in place for him by the medical team - Lopetegui alluded to that pre season too.

We’ve got the international break coming up so hopefully he won’t get called up and will be able to have another couple of weeks training.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's why we need another option who is similar I reckon ...

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will take time for the team to fully attune to having a 6ft 6 striker in the opposition box and I hope we are going to up the number of crosses coming in as a consequence. However the fears over the fragility of his body remain and I do think bringing in an Ihenacho or similiar would be a wise move. Fabio is still only 21 and needs the pressure taken off him in the hope he can start being more consistent and confident in front of goal. More competition is always good in any case.

molineuxmen

Groupie
Reaction score
Did anybody else notice he had an ice pack or strapping on his knee at full time on the lap of the pitch?…guessing just procedure after his ACL as he was walking fine…worried me slightly though!
I saw that. Was concerned he wasnt running right after the tackle. But he played on till 60 mins so hopefully all ok.
I have had 2 acl reconstructions on my right knee. Just riding a bike sometimes causes swelling. Nothing major but i always ice pack after any exercise to minimise

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The goal last night is what we've been missing. Half chance converted, killer instinct, lucky strike or not, who cares when it's in the back of the net. Long may it continue!
Been thinking about this for a while. Every goal we've scored for the last couple of seasons seems to have been a real slog. We seem to have to put so much effort into every goal.

I think back to when Villa beat Liverpool 7-2 and they only had like, 4 shots on target. Everything they hit (and a few that they didn't) went in, it was almost comical. We never seem to get any of that nonsense go in our favour.

We very rarely get deflected goals, scruffy goals or anything vaguely fortunate, and any small mistake we make seems to get punished in the worst way possible more often than not.

Add that to all the VAR interventions (or not) that go against us and we just seem to be a generally unlucky team.

I don't know if fans of other teams think this but I feel that the balance of luck has not tilted in our favour for a long time. We've had a lot of "go around" but not much "come around".

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost like how spurs handled Ledley king and his knees towards the end of his career.

He barely trained on the pitch and only played the most important game in a multi game week.

Some lads do just need that but extra TLC and bespoke support

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
I saw that. Was concerned he wasnt running right after the tackle. But he played on till 60 mins so hopefully all ok.
I have had 2 acl reconstructions on my right knee. Just riding a bike sometimes causes swelling. Nothing major but i always ice pack after any exercise to minimise
Thought and was hoping that was the case. Cheers buddy and fingers crossed that’s all it was.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come he is not getting minutes? Is he injured, carrying a knock?
GON was asked directly at the PC before Liverpool about injuries and the reply was that only Hodge was out, everyone else available, which makes his lack of minutes strange and questionable. After Cunha's and Silva's performances I'd say he has to start at Luton, esp with Neto on fire, arrowing those crosses right onto his head, or shoulder!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
GON was asked directly at the PC before Liverpool about injuries and the reply was that only Hodge was out, everyone else available, which makes his lack of minutes strange and questionable. After Cunha's and Silva's performances I'd say he has to start at Luton, esp with Neto on fire, arrowing those crosses right onto his head, or shoulder!
Not sure if he thought Fabio was a better option, or it was too early for Sasa, but (even though it would have probably been pointless) he had no subs left after 78 mins.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be playing into their hands? They are well suited to dealing with aerial balls

Back
Top Bottom