Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't a documentary a bit much? Ok he got injured, how many players get injured? The Raul one made sense because he was a star and it was life threatening, but this one, I don't understand it tbh.
People find this sort of thing very interesting, it's not often you get a proper look behind the scenes and see what happens when a player goes through an injury. I'd watch it if it wasn't a wolves player.

Plus Sasa seems like such a genuinely nice bloke so it's good to see the human side of football as well.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being pedantic I guess but Clough was the generation before Greaves (who to me is the greatest goalscorer ever - sadly when his first child died he took to drink and was never quite the player he was before. It is annoying, even to a Wolves fan, when so called experts call Kane Spur's greatest striker...)
Agree on the drink but Greaves also got Hepatitis the year before the World Cup and lost a yard and half of pace which also affected him. Apparently it was touch and go if he was even going to make the 66 squad.

Clough was only 5 years older than Greaves but obviously retired early. Greaves made his debut for Chelsea only 2 years after Clough made his professional debut.

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Isn't a documentary a bit much? Ok he got injured, how many players get injured? The Raul one made sense because he was a star and it was life threatening, but this one, I don't understand it tbh.
It’s about content, marketing, image and creating a relationship between player and fans.

Whether you like it or not. It’s modern day football

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree on the drink but Greaves also got Hepatitis the year before the World Cup and lost a yard and half of pace which also affected him. Apparently it was touch and go if he was even going to make the 66 squad.

Clough was only 5 years older than Greaves but obviously retired early. Greaves made his debut for Chelsea only 2 years after Clough made his professional debut.
Hadn't realised that they were that contemporary.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn't realised that they were that contemporary.
Jack Charlton was the same age as Clough and Bobby is only 2 years younger. Clough had a big impact as manager at such a young age and for so long that he appeared older than he was.

Knee injuries were career ending or at best shortening until recently. Probably why they’ve done the piece on Sasa considering the number who have assumed he is the football equivalent of only being fit for the glue factory. There has been a spate of ACLs at the strat of the season, including Arsenal’s new fullback.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Charlton was the same age as Clough and Booby is only 2 years younger. Clough had a big impact as manager at such a young age and for so long that his appeared older than he was.

Knee injuries were career ending or at best shortening until recently. Probably why they’ve done the piece on Sasa considering the number who have assumed he is the football equivalent of only being fit for the glue factory. There has been a spate of ACLs at the strat of the season, including Arsenal’s new fullback.
Am l going gaga or was Cloughie managing while Greavesie was still playing?

I could say that Booby sounds a bit of a tit, lol....

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am l going gaga or was Cloughie managing while Greavesie was still playing?

I could say that Booby sounds a bit of a tit, lol....
Yep he was managing Hartlepool in 1965 when he started and managed Derby from 1967 to 1st Division title in 71/72 year after Greaves finished at West Ham.

bloody predictive text and big thumbs

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep he was managing Hartlepool in 1965 when he started and managed Derby from 1967 to 1st Division title in 71/72 year after Greaves finished at West Ham.

bloody predictive text and big thumbs
TY for the info and sorry for the teasing.... I really couldn't resist....

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Honestly I’ve loved watching this documentary. Admittedly some may say it’s a little over the top.

However, it gives a window (admittedly edited), into the lives of our players. And even if edited you can sense just what a nice guy Sasa is.

I wish nothing but the best for the big man. If he can stay fit, I have no doubt he will score goals.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Observations after watching part 2.

- Never seen tackle for first acl but that looked horrible.
- These things paint people in best light but they both appear lovely people and be great to see this season go well for him.
- For a 6ft 7 bloke their sofa being so low looks like an injury waiting to happen!

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found the second part interesting. Hadnt thought about how this affected them in terms of moving to a new club and country and have this happen straight away. His girlfriend saying they couldnt explore the City and Country they had moved too, they must of felt trapped and isolated at times. It put both their lives on hold and he is a lucky man to have such great support with him.

Wombourne Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched part 2 and enjoyed it. Having lived in Albrighton many years ago I wondered where his house might be? Looked to be glorious countryside and very big houses as he drove along.
They showed a small clip of him driving which was near the junction by the Greyhound in Lower Penn, i presume he lives somewhere on the top of Springhill Lane.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They showed a small clip of him driving which was near the junction by the Greyhound in Lower Penn, i presume he lives somewhere on the top of Springhill Lane.
Thanks for that; very nice too! I expect the club has properties that players and families can stay in until they find their own place to live? I expect most players rent, esp foreign players. I know, living near Hull, there is an area outside the City where nearly all the players live, not surprisingly it is beautiful with large houses!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being pedantic I guess but Clough was the generation before Greaves (who to me is the greatest goalscorer ever - sadly when his first child died he took to drink and was never quite the player he was before. It is annoying, even to a Wolves fan, when so called experts call Kane Spur's greatest striker...)
To be fair to Kane his goal scoring record is almost identical to Greaves and the latter was a man when he signed for spurs, Kane was still a boy when he broke through

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Kane his goal scoring record is almost identical to Greaves and the latter was a man when he signed for spurs, Kane was still a boy when he broke through
Not too sure how this thread morphed into Spurs but Greaves and Kane are 2 of the greatest strikers I have seen in my lifetime. Impossible (but enjoyable) to compare when players played in different times but Kane is possibly the more complete player whereas Greaves was possibly England's greatest natural goal scorer/predator/poacher. Of the 2 I think I would go for Greaves but that may be me looking at old football through rose coloured spectacles and mud-covered pitches!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really good documentary showing the human side to football.

And for once my wife wanted to watch something football related with me...

Also - What an extremely nice couple they seem. With Sasa you can really see how hard he's worked to be at this level. He seems to be very aware of his roots and his girlfriend is so grounded.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too sure how this thread morphed into Spurs but Greaves and Kane are 2 of the greatest strikers I have seen in my lifetime. Impossible (but enjoyable) to compare when players played in different times but Kane is possibly the more complete player whereas Greaves was possibly England's greatest natural goal scorer/predator/poacher. Of the 2 I think I would go for Greaves but that may be me looking at old football through rose coloured spectacles and mud-covered pitches!
I’m too young to remember Greaves but I’ve seen his goals on YouTube. I think generally Kane gets a rough time from fans (probably down to how he tries to con refs) but his record stands up with the very best especially when you look at he’s played his entire career until now in a fairly average team who’ve won absolutely nothing in 30 years

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really good documentary showing the human side to football.

And for once my wife wanted to watch something football related with me...

Also - What an extremely nice couple they seem. With Sasa you can really see how hard he's worked to be at this level. He seems to be very aware of his roots and his girlfriend is so grounded.
I hadn’t realised how late he broke through and that he wasn’t an ‘academy’ product. I really hope he’s a success because he’s and they are obviously genuine people and it’s such a positive story about professional football isn’t over if you’re not in an academy at 10.

Technically I also liked that he came to being a forward when he had a late growth sport and had grown up as a central defender and midfielder in local 2nd XI. May explain why his touch and ball skills are so good.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m too young to remember Greaves but I’ve seen his goals on YouTube. I think generally Kane gets a rough time from fans (probably down to how he tries to con refs) but his record stands up with the very best especially when you look at he’s played his entire career until now in a fairly average team who’ve won absolutely nothing in 30 years
It’s always difficult to compare different eras. Like you I only remember Greaves from St and Greavsie and seeing his You Tube. Everyone I’ve spoken to who saw him say he was phenomenal, particularly in his early career (pre 65). It has to be remembered that keepers weren’t necessarily as athletic then as now, and several teams had somewhat dodgy keepers. I think Greaves scored a hat trick bs Scotland when we put 9 past them with Frank Haffey waving them into the net. Another who doesn’t get mentioned often when talking about finishing is Rush, who even though he played in a great Liverpool team was an absolute phenomenal finisher of all sorts of goals.

Agree regards Kane, he’s a good finisher. Horrible person.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Well after watching part 2 I am massively desperate for him to come on today and score the winner!…the place would absolutely erupt and if anybody deserves it he does…he seems such a humble, likeable guy. Over to you football gods!….

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s always difficult to compare different eras. Like you I only remember Greaves from St and Greavsie and seeing his You Tube. Everyone I’ve spoken to who saw him say he was phenomenal, particularly in his early career (pre 65). It has to be remembered that keepers weren’t necessarily as athletic then as now, and several teams had somewhat dodgy keepers. I think Greaves scored a hat trick bs Scotland when we put 9 past them with Frank Haffey waving them into the net. Another who doesn’t get mentioned often when talking about finishing is Rush, who even though he played in a great Liverpool team was an absolute phenomenal finisher of all sorts of goals.

Agree regards Kane, he’s a good finisher. Horrible person.
Re your last two words that's unfair. I don't like Kane's antics on the pitch one little bit. However, he does a shedload for charity (he has his own charitable trust) and even sponsors the shirts at Orient - his local team where he made his pro debut on loan.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last two words that's unfair. I don't like Kane's antics on the pitch one little bit. However, he does a shedload for charity (he has his own charitable trust) and even sponsors the shirts at Orient - his local team where he made his pro debut on loan.
I was referencing his antics on the pitch but agree it’s not clear.

Back
Top Bottom