Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic & Fabio Silva

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really feel for the lad. I did one ACL … and that was bad enough.

Hard to see him coming back from this.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Oh dear, terrible news for him.

I was surprised when he went out on loan and that previous to that O'Neil was giving him so few minutes, but this makes it make more sense.

The current management presumably had no expectation that the lad could or would stay fit.

Very sad news.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure, but I think he did his left knee both times once with Stuttgart and obviously once with us.

Does anyone know which Knee has gone this time?

If its gone three times, then you have to say that's it he is done at any serious professional level. Even to come back when the same ACL has gone twice is a big deal.

I really feel for the guy. He is such a lovely chap and his wife seems really nice, two really good people.

Its heart breaking for them, and we are unlikely to see any money now, unless its insurance money. But its more of a shame for Sasa and his family. I have no idea how this will effect him financially if forced to quit, I know he may well be a millionaire now, but he is only late 20's, any pay out is unlikely to last the rest of his life.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** for wolves, but thinking about this on a personal level its just awful. The bloke must be completely devastated after all that work he’s put in to get back. So so cruel. Seems like a great guy and had so much potential. He could easily have been at Bayern or Utd before us but for injuries.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed its says in Keen's article that he has done his right knee this time. But I could have swore he did his left knee with us.

I was just wondering the time period between injuries, and if he has done the same knee twice or three times.

fleck1

Reaction score
Got to feel for the guy, a third ACL at this stage is devastating for his career. He may have earned X,Y,Z and be well insured but that's zero compensation for potentially being prevented from doing the thing that has been your life. Always seemed a thoroughly likable and decent bloke, can only wish him well with the challenging time ahead of him physically and I imagine mentally.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed its says in Keen's article that he has done his right knee this time. But I could have swore he did his left knee with us.

I was just wondering the time period between injuries, and if he has done the same knee twice or three times.
Keen also said it was his left knee with us, so both in the matter of 18 months or so.

WeymouthWolf

Reaction score
It’s common for the other ACL to go within a short period. It’s whether it’s his MCL or LCL as well. They rarely operate on both at the same time. Michael Owen did the same.
TBH I’d be surprised if he played top level again. It’s the blight of a professional footballer, he needs mental support as well as physical.
Hope I’m completely wrong.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's if Sellars remembered to take out the insurance. Maybe he got a free meerkat.
Given how Sellars operated that'll be a sodding wombat lol....

I hope for Sasa's own sake that he calls it a day. He still has at least 50 years to live and really needs to think about his future quality of life.

Last edited:

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Terrible luck for the guy, be tough to come back again, especially mentally.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Seen plenty of youngsters struggle with the physicality of top level sport (rugby and football) and break well before they've made a living. I suspect wolves knew the premiership was a step too far for sasha in relation to his numbers, the German league will have offered less stress for his physicality. Awful shame very nice guy!

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doesn't appear that he's built for professional football.
Not got medical knowledge but the fact the last 2 injuries seemingly occurred at a moment of very little strenuous action doesn't bode well. Hope he does recover though.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel for the guy. You can see he has ability and while he may not fit GONs style, he could still have had a top career elsewhere. Seems unlikely anyone would risk taking him on again and surely he will be advised, medically, not to play again.
On insurance would imagine we will be able to pay up his contract. Don't know if it covers the club for the outstanding book value, as FFP. I seem to vaguely remember some argument about insurance at Cardiff when that player they bought was unfortunately killed en - route.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ACLs made of spaghetti. Shame for the big man but it's no shock.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa needs to get out of Football and pursue another career; he was good in Germany before but his injuries have spoilt his Football career; maybe he could eventually join our medical team, to help injured players through the stages of re-building their mental strength

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Man, that's awful. Best wishes for him to have a relatively pain-free life going forward. Whatever happens with his career happens.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got injured with no one around him?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a club, we can only hope that a sizeable part of his fee was based on appearances and other goalscoring milestones.

I feel really sorry for him, as he came here with an excitement to play for us in the PL and it's just been one blow after another for him. I said he was the wrong fit for our team at the time based on his game, but he is a talented player in the right set-up if he actually gets a run of games.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got injured with no one around him?
When I did my ACL I had ridden a challenge and it just went a few strides later with no-one around me. I heard it go.

It's pretty rubbish and feel for the guy but he should be able to live comfortably and will have his family to focus on.

This is assuming he doesn't call it a day and looks to bounce back... although after 3 occurences it would surprise me.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
must be devastating for the bloke...from the joys of being a father one week to your career over the next....it was the way he went down it was obvious it was serious...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel for the guy. You can see he has ability and while he may not fit GONs style, he could still have had a top career elsewhere. Seems unlikely anyone would risk taking him on again and surely he will be advised, medically, not to play again.
On insurance would imagine we will be able to pay up his contract. Don't know if it covers the club for the outstanding book value, as FFP. I seem to vaguely remember some argument about insurance at Cardiff when that player they bought was unfortunately killed en - route.

Cardiff tried to get out of paying the money to Rennes that they owed

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted for Sasa. Such a lovely bloke to have to face this again is awful for him and his other half who has supported him throughout.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given how Sellars operated that'll be a sodding wombat lol....

I hope for Sasa's own sake that he calls it a day. He still has at least 50 years to live and really needs to think about his future quality of life.
I guess fate has decided his future.
It must have been a dream for a PL club to sign him only to have his career probably end so fast. Terrible emotional roller coaster for him and his wife.
I wish them well.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not got medical knowledge but the fact the last 2 injuries seemingly occurred at a moment of very little strenuous action doesn't bode well. Hope he does recover though.
@Sussex Wolf (with his daughter's expert knowledge) said when we signed him, the original injury, going down off the ball, no contact, was basically a red flag on his biomechanics.

Really feel for the guy, must be devastating, hopefully the insurers sort him out and he's set for life financially at least.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's awful news for him. I'd be surprised if he can come back from this. Good player too but he couldn't run this season as it was which is why he barely played.

Back
Top Bottom