Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sasa Kalajdzic & Fabio Silva

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone needs to ask O'Neil why on earth these two aren't getting any minutes at all even if he doesn't rate them that highly no excuse not to be bringing them in certain games we are chasing like today for example?!

Also for all the talk of Jonny and the training ground spat surely these two players won't be happy with how they are being treated? O'Neil needs to be careful we don't end up with to many unhappy players around the place.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't see either of them being here at the start of next season. Obviously a striker or two will come in.

Jericho

Groupie
Reaction score
Get rid.

Not fussed about Fab, should have been offloaded in the summer while he was still worth something.

Sasa has shown he capable of a goal when needed, baffled that he doesn't get 15 mins to offer a different option when we're lumping balls into the box. For his sake I hope he leaves.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think either of them have looked good enough this season when they have played.

Sasa in particular doesn't fit the way we play and changes the team dynamic whenever he comes on. There have been a few times we have started to build momentum in a game and it's disappeared when he has been introduced. People wouldn't even consider playing him if he wasn't 6'7", based on what he brings.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First off, Fabio is a very poor footballer at this level.

Sasa has got it but doesn't click with the formation/his players/his coaches/GON...not sure what it is but Sasa is not a happy camper and I think it comes across and it has limited his contributions.

I wonder if his "I was ready to come on but the coach had other ideas" (I paraphrase) from his documentary turned GON off.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't quite believe neither have got on today given the schedule and game state.

Worst case scenario one of them gets a goal and boosts their confidence.

Really bizarre and worrying from GON.

Hwang in particular has been abysmal from open play for a while now and just plays every single minute.

AaronH02056

Reaction score
Fabio could easily slot into that position Hwang is playing, Sasa does mean we have to switch up the way we play though.

It's obvious that both are moving on, might as well give their bench spots to some of the young players if two of the front three can drop 3/10s and neither get an opportunity to change things.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think either of them have looked good enough this season when they have played.

Sasa in particular doesn't fit the way we play and changes the team dynamic whenever he comes on. There have been a few times we have started to build momentum in a game and it's disappeared when he has been introduced. People wouldn't even consider playing him if he wasn't 6'7", based on what he brings.

We could have done with that today!

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa gives us a plan B for crosses. Bonkers not to use him.

Fabio looked good under Lop in pre-season and gets into dangerous positions.

Both should have been used for last 15 mins.

Even if it's just to rest our two top scorers for 20 minutes in a dead game. Like what possible logic could there be for keeping Hwang and Cunha on at 3-0 down?

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither seem to suit the way he wants us to play, might aswell move them on
The way he wants us to play hasn't been producing positive results/ performances for weeks... ....last few games have been crying out for something different, I'm not saying I particularly rate Fabio or Sasa but if they're on the bench at least use them!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really wanted Sasa to come on today. He's deceptively good with his feet, can play a decent pass. And we so badly lacked that up front today. Repeatedly gave the ball away so cheaply from good positions. Even at 2-0 down, let alone 3-0, surely the match is telling you to "try something different because what you're doing isn't working"?

Can only assume both Sasa and Fabio are off, to raise funds to buy Victor Osimen.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way it's going I think there is a view for both to be sold in Jan to fund a decent striker who fits the system.

Complete speculation but it would make sense.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find another Jarrod Bowen.
I quite like the guy , "Ali Al-Hamedi" at AFC Wimbledon.
Pacey, 21 years, knows where the goal is and won't cost in excess of 30 million.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa in particular doesn't fit the way we play and changes the team dynamic whenever he comes on.

Yeah, I always found it baffling how we'd be spamming crosses into the box with no joy and then 6'7" monster comes on and we decide to knock that on the head.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the game is gone, surely the logical thing is to take off Hwang and Cunha to protect them, but we decide to bring on Doc and Doyle? Sometimes I honestly don't understand what goes through a managers (and coaching staffs) heads.
Protecting the January sales ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are being run like a proper football team, a manager comes in, makes decisions on players.
Then the club takes action.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can understand Kalajdzic not playing if you want to counter-attack with pace. I thought he would come on at some point in the second half as we were dominating the ball but had nobody up front. Cunha could have moved out wide and taken Hwang off who wasn't having a good game.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I always found it baffling how we'd be spamming crosses into the box with no joy and then 6'7" monster comes on and we decide to knock that on the head.
Interesting isn't it, as I've often wondered why there isn't someone who has a decent throw that could use him as a target for knock ons.
I was expecting another "Doog" when he signed but sadly that's not been the case.
From his lack of playing time, I expect he'll move on along with Fabio.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Protecting the January sales ?
Perhaps......if that's the case though why have them on the bench?

Hypothetically, if Hwang or Cunha got injured in the first minute would he still not bring them on? If so, stick a kid on the bench who actually may get a chance to influence a game, rather than having to reshuffle the whole pack.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps......if that's the case though why have them on the bench?

Hypothetically, if Hwang or Cunha got injured in the first minute would he still not bring them on? If so, stick a kid on the bench who actually may get a chance to influence a game, rather than having to reshuffle the whole pack.
I think it’s because dropping them could decrease their value .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I thought Fabio had some good movement at Old Trafford and Sasa is a bit of a problem and tall enough to score with his shoulders. That's it though, the only argument for bringing them on was to rest the real footballers.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we can get 10m for Sasa and loan fabio off somewhere where he's likely to score a few and get himself in the shop window, where we can recoup at least half the 35m we spunked, then we need to soon as a priority come 1st Jan.

fleck1

Reaction score
Hwang has offered nothing last couple of games, Cunha has been flat what do we have to lose. Especially today throw them on, if GON doesn't fancy them they have a point to prove or earn a move away. Chasing a game and we've changed a left and right back it's baffling. If I'm Sasa and Fabio id be telling him where to go and sitting out until the window opens then moving on.

Back
Top Bottom