Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sarabia

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half, controlled and brought down a ball in mid air with ridiculous ease. There was a gasp in the crowd.

Quality....
I remember our previous times in the PL when we had players who put in a shift and looked on at the technical geniuses playing for other teams.... It is marvellous to see us now with players who can do that....

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sarabia got called lazy as well, until the goals + assists started happening. I wonder if Trincao or Guedes could've adapted with a bit more time - Guedes in particular didn't get long to adapt, and was trying to do so in the worst team we've had for ages.
Seeing similar comments about several players who weren't previously performing to their supposed potential e.g. Semedo, Hwang and think it’s a combination of current manager/ coaching as well as needing time to adapt.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think hes shown his technical ability from the word go
Hes now starting to show what GON is asking for
Pressing and covering back,while always being ready for transitions to attack
His work rate is up 30% or more,and i think thats what GON was talking about when asked about Neto and what he needs to improve on

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like sarabia

I watched him from the stands during the Brentford reply and thought he was brilliant.

he does a lot of good work off the ball
His hard work might not make it onto match of the day but its no less important.

Basically he's pulling midfielders around..making himself available for passes all match.

His hard work creates space and allows the attacks to develop

I think his style of play is important to the new styles of play that we are now seeing under Gary o'neil.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like sarabia

I watched him from the stands during the Brentford reply and thought he was brilliant.

he does a lot of good work off the ball
His hard work might not make it onto match of the day but its no less important.

Basically he's pulling midfielders around..making himself available for passes all match.

His hard work creates space and allows the attacks to develop

I think his style of play is important to the new styles of play that we are now seeing under Gary o'neil.
Agree with this. For instance, in joao's second vs Spurs, Sarabia ran his butt off to make the back post run that opened up the middle.

It takes a lot of trust for all three guys to burn that much energy on that move. If one guy doesn't do his bit, it breaks down and the others have used a big sprint on nothing. No matter how good a player's fitness is, there are only so many of those in the tank.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The man and his wife had twins right after he arrived?! Yeah, that's going to be a shock to the system...

Really interesting to read how O'Neil characterizes the development at the start of the season. He at least makes noises toward being much more collaborative than usual from managers.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From The Athletic article -

"A question: who is the 2023-24 Premier League’s leading creator of chances? Martin Odegaard? James Maddison? Trent Alexander-Arnold? Bruno Fernandes? Wolverhampton Wanderers fans might even guess at Pedro Neto. All are close, but the answer is actually Pablo Sarabia."

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"A question: who is the 2023-24 Premier League’s leading creator of chances? Martin Odegaard? James Maddison? Trent Alexander-Arnold? Bruno Fernandes? Wolverhampton Wanderers fans might even guess at Pedro Neto. All are close, but the answer is actually Pablo Sarabia."
Slightly skewed by the fact that he takes the set pieces, but then goes on to show his open play chance creation is sky high as well.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly skewed by the fact that he takes the set pieces, but then goes on to show his open play chance creation is sky high as well.

2bdf most of the players mentioned in that article also take set pieces

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What does this actually mean? He's not the leading assist-maker in the Premier league. He's even behind Neto and level with Cunha as far as assists for Wolves.

He creates a chance, but it's not taken? Then what sort of chance is it? I think they make up stats as they go along.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does this actually mean? He's not the leading assist-maker in the Premier league. He's even behind Neto and level with Cunha as far as assists for Wolves.

He creates a chance, but it's not taken? Then what sort of chance is it? I think they make up stats as they go along.
He makes the most chances per 90 for players about 3 a game

Him and cunha equal 12 for assists on 6 neto 3 on 9 (should be 10, if it wasnt for not being given the ran goal against chelsea)

Remember sarabia has had a lot less minutes.

A chance will be from which someone has then had a shot i believe it is

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He makes the most chances per 90 for players about 3 a game

Him and cunha equal 12 for assists on 6 neto 3 on 9 (should be 10, if it wasnt for not being given the ran goal against chelsea)

Remember sarabia has had a lot less minutes.

A chance will be from which someone has then had a shot i believe it is
Thanks for the clarification, Northampton.

However, according to BBC Sport, Pedro has 9 assists and Cunha and Sarabia have 6 each. As for chances created and even chances per 90; Sarabia is behind a lot of players if this is accurate.

Premier League Top Assists - BBC Sport

I guess ya pays ya money and makes ya choice!

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Northampton.

However, according to BBC Sport, Pedro has 9 assists and Cunha and Sarabia have 6 each. As for chances created and even chances per 90; Sarabia is behind a lot of players if this is accurate.

Premier League Top Assists - BBC Sport

I guess ya pays ya money and takes ya chance!
Its this stat mate that they are going on about his per 90 is really high

1708693778724.png

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's been low key brilliant since coming in initially for Neto and then to cover everyone else that has got injured. I think his performances are one of the things that has stopped our season going to ****.
For all the talk rightfully about squad depth (particularly in one position) it is great having a Spanish international that isn't necessarily first choice when everyone is fit.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's been low key brilliant since coming in initially for Neto and then to cover everyone else that has got injured. I think his performances are one of the things that has stopped our season going to ****.
For all the talk rightfully about squad depth (particularly in one position) it is great having a Spanish international that isn't necessarily first choice when everyone is fit.
Re your last sentence he might not have been first choice before this run but l'd certainly hope that he's under active consideration for that status now.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic news.

Worked hard to get in the team over the last 15 months and has been an low key standout

Milijas

Reaction score
Really don't rate him.. never have!
Offers nothing. Never takes a man on, too slow on the ball I actually think he offers exactly what moutinho would if still playing for us at the age of what 40? Out wide.
Rubbish set pieces that rarely beat the first man.
Don't want to see him again to be honest plus he is one of highest earners.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really don't rate him.. never have!
Offers nothing. Never takes a man on, too slow on the ball I actually think he offers exactly what moutinho would if still playing for us at the age of what 40? Out wide.
Rubbish set pieces that rarely beat the first man.
Don't want to see him again to be honest plus he is one of highest earners.
He was really poor tonight

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have never been much of a fan. He's another Nunes, does the occasional pieces of super skill but it's a real rarity. It's easier to be anonymous up front though than in central midfield so he's gotten away with it for longer. Like Nunes, this is the wrong league for him. He just doesn't have the fire in his belly for the rough and tumble of English football.

Hopefully with only a year left on his deal, we push to get him off the books in the summer. His wages must be huge in return for very little.

Last edited:

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Seeing him in person tonight was a tough watch because I have previously said that I rate him due to his skill and flair. Not sure what's up with him but I don't think he had one good moment on the ball. Big shame.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't have a good game this evening, but I do think he looks better when he has movement around him
That's true of every single forward player in the world though.

Either the movement of others gives them more options to pass the ball to or the movement of others gives them more space to run into or shoot unhindered. The skill is being able to still impact the game even when your teammates are offering few options.

Back
Top Bottom